News Forum - 51 electric motorbike taxis go for a test run, project by Electricity Generating Authority

Thaiger

Thailand’s future in transportation looks electric. Motorbikes that run off a three-kilowatt battery are being tested with hopes that the electric bikes will be used as taxis in the future. Off a single charge, each bike can go around 100 kilometres. The bikes can reach a speed of 80 kilometres per hour and hold 150 kilograms. Each electronic motorbike costs 84,000, plus 40,000 baht for the battery. The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand tested 51 electronic motorbike taxis, which cost a total of 21 million baht, on Monday at nine locations near its headquarters in Nonthaburi, right outside Bangkok. Officials are studying […]

The story 51 electric motorbike taxis go for a test run, project by Electricity Generating Authority as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Motorbikes that run off a three-kilowatt battery

19 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Off a single charge, each bike can go around 100 kilometres. The bikes can reach a speed of 80 kilometres per hour and hold 150 kilograms.

I doubt it .. said the monkey wee'ing on the fire .. if they mean by a 3 kilowatt batt' , a 3 kWh battery then that is fairly lightweight so the 150 kgs load capacity had better be a sack full of feather's .. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I doubt it .. said the monkey wee'ing on the fire .. if they mean by a 3 kilowatt batt' , a 3 kWh battery then that is fairly lightweight so the 150 kgs load capacity had better be a sack full of feather's .. 

And 150kg so only 2 on a motorbike!  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Each electronic motorbike costs 84,000, plus 40,000 baht for the battery. The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand tested 51 electronic motorbike taxis, which cost a total of 21 million baht

Once again, Math seems to be found wanting in news items

84,000, plus 40,000 baht for the battery, so 124,000 Baht each

124,000 x 51 = 6,324,000

But they paid 21 million ??????

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Loong said:

Once again, Math seems to be found wanting in news items

84,000, plus 40,000 baht for the battery, so 124,000 Baht each

124,000 x 51 = 6,324,000

But they paid 21 million ??????

Project cost was 21 mil, including back-up batteries and ... unspecified expenses. 🙄

• Like 3

Just now, KaptainRob said:

Project cost was 21 mil, including back-up batteries and ... unspecified expenses. 🙄

Someone had to convince the decider in the politics, to do this test. That's it, why it got up to 3 times the price of the bikes alone ;-)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Someone had to convince the decider in the politics, to do this test. That's it, why it got up to 3 times the price of the bikes alone ;-)

Don't forget to add in the brown envelopes.

44 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Motorbike taxis in Bangkok are quite a nuisance alteady

Now imagine it becoming SILENT! 

Not as big a nuisance as all the cagers on the road. 

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Motorbike taxis in Bangkok are quite a nuisance alteady

Now imagine it becoming SILENT! 

Silence is golden...They can speed down my street at at 2 am without waking me up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Silence is golden...They can speed down my street at at 2 am without waking me up!

Therein lies the danger to pedestrians. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

I would say impossible. I rented a similarly config (two 1.2 kWh 48V Li-ion batteries with a total of 2.4 kWh of capacity) from an outfit in SF (Revel scooter). 48 km/h was the top speed on a full charge. Forgot about 2 passenger. Fun for one. Delivered great torque and instant throttle response. It was fun for what it was

• Cool 1

10 hours ago, Cathat said:

Why do they list the cost of the battery extra,the bike won't work without it so hardly some kind of optional extra?

Perhaps ist is because of the lifetime of it?

So you know, what you may have to buy every now and then?

12 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Forget about it, THIS will find its way quickly into E-motos and cars for real. The new tuning, sounds

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 1