News Forum - Pattaya residents and expats accuse bank manager of fraud, hold protest

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Thai common law? How does that work then? 😃

common law is what the thai system is based on established as a precedent in the UK many years ago. thais have developed enacted laws based on common laws its the legal system in brief

• Cool 1

13 minutes ago, ramubond said:

common law is what the thai system is based on established as a precedent in the UK many years ago. thais have developed enacted laws based on common laws its the legal system in brief

Hi, @ramubondand welcome to the forum! I suspect the question was asked with more than a degree of rhetoric but I'm sure your CL brief will be appreciated!

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

Hi, @ramubondand welcome to the forum! I suspect the question was asked with more than a degree of rhetoric but I'm sure your CL brief will be appreciated!

thanks kingcotton just navigating my way around this new to me forum.have a nice day be happy .

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good on them for protesting, if they don't it will take years and the money (if any left) will disappear and most claimants will die of old age.  The bank will stall and draw it out particularly if they have to pay, gives them time to create a restitution fund over a few years and not damage the annual bottom line.

Protesting and hopefully drawing international attention will assist their cause, Thailand loss of face, bad press, karma whatever that may get things moving quicker and get the Govt to shut the whole thing down quickly and quietly.

Still suckers though for getting caught up.