News Forum - No cutoff date for those approved to enter Thailand under Test & Go, Sandbox

Thaiger

There is no travel cutoff date (for now) for those approved to enter Thailand under the Test & Go or Sandbox entry schemes. Following the decision to close Thailand Pass registration for the two schemes, the government announced the last group of approved travellers would arrive on January 10. That date was never posted in the Royal Gazette, and a spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed with The Thaiger that there is no cutoff date. The entry schemes and current regulations will be reviewed on January 4 by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The urgent decision to […]

The story No cutoff date for those approved to enter Thailand under Test & Go, Sandbox as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Give 'em a couple of weeks to allow them to figure out what they want to do and what program they're going with.....

Guessing it'll all be less confusing in that time.

If people were on the fringe about visiting Thailand they've definitely now closed the door on a visit.  Way too many hoops to only be cancelled at the last minute AND wear a mask outside.  wtf.

• Like 2

My prediction is they will reinstate the Test & Go for those farangs who are triple vaxxed with Pfizer, Moderna or AZ after Jan 4 and it's effective with 80-85% for the Omricon variant. The rest have to quarantine for 7 days, for unvaccinated 10-14 days.

Edited by ace035

24 minutes ago, ace035 said:

My prediction is they will reinstate the Test & Go for those farangs who are triple vaxxed with Pfizer, Moderna or AZ after Jan 4 and it's effective with 80-85% for the Omricon variant. The rest have to quarantine for 7 days, for unvaccinated 10-14 days.

this does seem quite possible, but would open up a lot of questions about those who already been approved for thai pass but only have 2 jabs?  Not enough time to get a booster if people have flights incoming, but i'm already assuming that those who got the thai pass already are good to go, no matter what (like myself LOL)

9 minutes ago, gundam0315 said:

i'm already assuming that those who got the thai pass already are good to go, no matter what

Yep, that's what the opening post states, no need to assume.

6 hours ago, kmc said:

If people were on the fringe about visiting Thailand they've definitely now closed the door on a visit.  Way too many hoops to only be cancelled at the last minute AND wear a mask outside.  wtf.

The outdoor mask thing is what kills it for me. 

10 hours ago, Jerth said:

This is very confusing. Is now Test and Go closed or not? 

Closed for new applications I believe.  Already approved can still come to Thailand.

6 hours ago, gundam0315 said:

this does seem quite possible, but would open up a lot of questions about those who already been approved for thai pass but only have 2 jabs?  Not enough time to get a booster if people have flights incoming, but i'm already assuming that those who got the thai pass already are good to go, no matter what (like myself LOL)

For those farangs already been approved for Thai Pass already, still have to do COVID-19 PCR test in their 7th day in Thailand under Thai government expense. Then, those need booster shot have to wait for awhile and for me still have 6 more weeks to go to get a Moderna vaccine booster.

9 hours ago, ace035 said:

I will be triple vaxxed early January as it has been mandated by Emperor McGowan for personnel working in the resource industry in Western Australia. Hopefully this will allow me to travel.

I will probably wait until February before booking anything, just to see how the latest developments pan out. Maybe more airlines might start to schedule some flights out of Perth also.

Best case scenario is that they will get diehard tourists and some expat returnees, overseas Thais will always be coming home. It won’t amount to any numbers  needed to salvage the high season this year. 
does anyone know where the daily arrival numbers can be viewed?

"A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says reports of the January 10 cutoff date are false."

Will they take legal action against the other departments for posting false information on the internet?

i think i got it now!! its very clear that no one knows for sure whats going on or whats required!! i looked at booking flights about 5 times since nov 2021.got all my papers downloaded,and at the last min more crap! so i have gave up,to hell with it.ill apply again when some adult takes over and does away with all this needless B/S. thai govt officers have gone rabbit ass crazy.and  print those b/s  numbers of incoming.no way!so chock dee to all and i hope to see ya in about 4 to 5 years.im done with the crap hoops for good.

14 minutes ago, Grumpyoldman said:

"A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says reports of the January 10 cutoff date are false."

Will they take legal action against the other departments for posting false information on the internet?

No.

12 minutes ago, mediagator said:

My parents got an approval for Thailand pass for 28th Dec. Are they able to use this pass to fly in on a later date?

They have to fly on the dates approved.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jerth said:

This is very confusing. Is now Test and Go closed or not? 

Applications for entry under the test and go scheme have been suspended.
You can still apply to enter under the Sandbox scheme (Phuket) if fully vaccinated, but now need to book 7 days at an SHA+ hotel.

The fact is the cat is already out of the variant bag from all the Test and Go folk already out there spreading the love, meaning spread it to one or two or how many in Thailand unknowing unaware people with their guard down and then as is alreaqdy suggests like we see it is too late and damage control is needed if it is possible.. And the fact is even if you are double jabbed or even having the booster it means diddly squat becasue you can still be a carrier and it can still show up 14 days later as positive as it has in some already.

So the Sandbox is good, but the rerality of the sandbox is all these people still intermingle with all the others up unitl the day they are able to leave the box borders, so it still defeats the purpose. Quarantine is the only real way if they want to not spread it. Isolating each and every person is the only way.