News Forum - Plans change for 30,000 tourists, European travel firm cancels flights to Phuket

Thaiger

28 minutes ago, Stonker said:

My main point is that despite the weeping and wailing here

Isn’t that the sound of the opera on New Years Phuket concert?  … Maybe people voting with their feet. Looking for somewhere else that has less hoops, more fun, for that special time of year!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

I think people forget the amount of free money sent by farang every month whole villages are built from that its free money you not need to produce something for it 

Ever been to any of those "whole villages" 😂?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, vlad said:

Tui is a Buisness like all Businesses. There there to make Money not give it away. 

i agree but Tui is known for sharp business(they would say ruthless) practices

They have not got a good name in the travel business

3 hours ago, Prosaap said:

I think people forget the amount of free money sent by farang every month whole villages are built from that its free money you not need to produce something for it 

Oh dear.

Really?

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Why would that be "insane"?

People don't travel during certain holiday times to avoid it being too busy

What is the difference here?

I guarantee I have travelled much more than you have during all this

And yes. it was much less stressful travelling when covid wasn't peaking when you need a negative test to get back home.....

I was just around 4 or 5 friends and family that ended up with covid after

I wasn't concerned healthwise, but it is a concern getting stuck.....

So looking at travel when covid isn't peaking is sensible......

no intl travel during a pandemic , purely for vacation , is remotely “sensible”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

no intl travel during a pandemic , purely for vacation , is remotely “sensible”.

I don't disagree with that too much 

I've done it mostly for work and to see family

And travelled once for purely vacation and worrying about testing positive and all the hassle that would cause  while on that vacation did put a bit of a damper on it 

• Cool 1

20 hours ago, kmc said:

Cause I want to visit Thailand and eat some papaya salad and live in a cheap condo for 2 months.  And I'm stuck living in dreary London...

Understood  I was lucky enough to escape toxic america----the somtam is good and my rent is 3500 bt :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rain said:

I might question the overused term, pandemic. 

It's not that at all. 

Semantics are at play.

Over used and over played by governments and the media. The Spanish Flu was a Pandemic, this is more what I call a Scamdemic. Notice no governments give actual numbers of deaths due to Covid alone, why is that? because it would undermine what is really going on behind the scenes. For the two years this scam has been forced on the people's of the world, I personally don't know anyone who has even contracted the dam thing, let alone pass away from it, and I know a lot of people, who know a lot of people. Passing away from Covid, is different than passing away due to Covid related issues. Most fatalities already had prexisting medical conditions, old age or already in hospital or aged cared, and some have now found out their immune systems are not strong enough and would have had issues with the now Non Existant Seasonal Flu. By the way, where did that suddenly disappear to?? 

On 12/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, oldschooler said:

Agents here can organize everything. If you dont want to lift a finger, a single Lawyer here could manage all.

Just arrive Visa Exempt and get it all done here. No need to set foot in a single Govt. or Bank office.

Also with a agent you have to go to the bank yourself to open a bank account. 

word “pandemic” clearly used in that post for convenient shorthand.

substitute with “present restrictions” then.see next para. for why people “must” continue to have their intl. vacations ……enduring physical & bureaucratic health control HELL…. just stay in your own country fcs……

clearly a “pandemic” or “epidemic” though of mass human hysteria, unreason and ignorance …..but thats human nature so,like covid & winter flu, its real, ever present……. and kills.