News Forum - Ministry of Tourism survey shows tourists enjoy Thailand in 2021

Thaiger

Many expats might get complacent with all that Thailand has to offer, and be cynical about whether it’s worth the risk and complexity of coming to Thailand during the Covid-19 pandemic. But a survey conducted by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports revealed that foreign tourists have an overall positive view of travelling in Thailand. In fact, the average ratings on 14 key factors have increased from a similar survey last year, according to the survey released on Christmas Eve. The survey titled “Attitudes and Satisfaction of Thai and foreign Tourists Who Travel in Thailand” was conducted in 10 tourist […]

The story Ministry of Tourism survey shows tourists enjoy Thailand in 2021 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Aren’t these dimwits really proficient at saving faces. Sooner or later TAT will surely do another similar survey to outdo this number. Don’t ask why I know. 

In a "face to face" survey, not many people are going to disparage the local population, even if they have had bad experiences.

Having just arrived in Thailand on December 23, I do notice the songtaw drivers are friendlier in Pattaya when I give them more than the required 10 baht. Since I know people are hurting theses days, I double it or more. I do hope those smiling faces and polite service continue when things return to normal at some time in the future.

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Many expats might get complacent with all that Thailand has to offer, and be cynical about whether it’s worth the risk and complexity of coming to Thailand during the Covid-19 pandemic. But a survey conducted by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports revealed that foreign tourists have an overall positive view of travelling in Thailand. In fact, the average ratings on 14 key factors have increased from a similar survey last year, according to the survey released on Christmas Eve. The survey titled “Attitudes and Satisfaction of Thai and foreign Tourists Who Travel in Thailand” was conducted in 10 tourist […]

The story Ministry of Tourism survey shows tourists enjoy Thailand in 2021 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only 10 real tourist arrive in 2021?🤣

Well since that foreigner last year left a negative review for his hotel and was arrested I’m sure A survey being stuck in your face is always gonna come out with more positive responses. 😂

• Haha 2

...tourists complained about uncleanliness and dirty bathrooms on the beaches...

Thailand has no excuse to have dirty bathrooms.  The room is made entirely from tile and porcelain.  How hard can it be for a worker to take a hose to the bathroom a couple times a day?

91.4% – Thai people. Tourists love how welcoming, helpful, and friendly the people of Thailand treated them.

And the other 8.6% didn't love how welcoming, helpful, and friendly the people of Thailand treated them?

I think this was what's known as a smile survey - where questions are written to elicit a specific response.

4 hours ago, Augratin said:

Thailand has no excuse to have dirty bathrooms.  The room is made entirely from tile and porcelain.  How hard can it be for a worker to take a hose to the bathroom a couple times a day?

And the other 8.6% didn't love how welcoming, helpful, and friendly the people of Thailand treated them?

I think this was what's known as a smile survey - where questions are written to elicit a specific response.

Sounds like you need to find somewhere else to find happiness.  But maybe it's really you that only finds fault. 

• Haha 1

The tourists who risked going to Thailand re possible travel problems but manage it all seem to be having a good time as seen by the survey, I am hanging back at the moment as for me personally it is not worth the risk re being stuck there as I was in 2020 for seven months due the airports bing closed.

But I am laughing to myself at the moment as I was thinking how a survey of the expats and other long term farangs living in Thailand would turn out as this platform it seems to me is being used mainly by such people in order to moan, complain and get back at whoever they wish to have a go at.

During my trips there I meet a lot of tourists on one-week to three-month trips and they all seem jolly and have a good time and have nothing but great things to say about Thailand.

I also have met so many long term farangs over the last thirty years of my long trips to Thailand who do nothing but moan about the place and seem to think they should be treated in an entitled way for some reason.

I am not saying they are all like that but there is a sizeable percentage who moan.

Why don't they just live somewhere else is always my question?

On 12/28/2021 at 2:58 PM, LoongFred said:

Sounds like you need to find somewhere else to find happiness.  But maybe it's really you that only finds fault. 

Did you mean to quote me?  Because what you replied has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said (something about not being happy here?)