News Forum - Form must be completed before exiting plane in Phuket now

Thaiger

In case the Thailand Pass and entry process wasn’t complicated enough with enough forms for you, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has added a public health form required for all international passengers to Phuket to fill out before being allowed to get off the plane. The new rule, a Notice to Pilots, was published in Thai only yesterday afternoon and shared late last night by the Public Relations Department of Phuket. “Today (24 Dec 2021), the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has issued a pilot announcement (NOTAM) informing airlines around the world that it is compulsory to distribute […]

The story Form must be completed before exiting plane in Phuket now as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another example of meaningless bureaucratic minds at work. Before setting this up it would be far safer and better for all if the incompatible apps etc that already exist were actually brought together in a secure and cohesive system. That Israeli felon clearly showed how all this pre arrival paper pushing is totally meaningless because there is no monitoring or tracking capability, so everyone can just do what they like. Once again we see some administration pipsqueak imposing something that makes her or him feel important but adds nothing of value to the safety & wellbeing of Thailand.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, yetanother said:

" [airlines must] hand out public health forms and the form of entry into the country from the plane, such as the consent form for the second test for Covid-19 by RT-PCR method, for passengers to complete.”"

so cluelessly thai, bet they will hand these out on the plane's descent and not have enough pens , of all the wrong color ink;

and of course claim it is the stupid farang at fault

For those that they might've miss, expect mid-air flight checks by COVID AIR MARSHALS 🤫

Wouldn't be surprised if such activities are being universally implemented the world over. 

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

The head of CAAT should be fired for negligence!!
The govt  agency issued a international directive in a language nobody understands!

International directive.

Whatever that is.

9 minutes ago, Rain said:

International directive.

Whatever that is.

NOTAM > https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/notam/what_is_a_notam

IMO it may be ignored, at least initially, as scheduled inbound flights would have to be supplied with the appropriate forms for pax to complete.  Thai madness!

I recall Malaysia ran short of arrival cards for handing out to arriving pax, circa 12 years ago.  Also, with none available upon landing, the Immi processing went much faster and subsequently arrival cards were done away with altogether, all due to a print shortfall IIRC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yetanother said:

so cluelessly thai, bet they will hand these out on the plane's descent and not have enough pens , of all the wrong color ink;

Just in time for Burning Season!

2 hours ago, yetanother said:

" [airlines must] hand out public health forms and the form of entry into the country from the plane, such as the consent form for the second test for Covid-19 by RT-PCR method, for passengers to complete.”"

and of course claim it is the stupid farang at fault

Really?

You are traveling without a pen?

Somnamna!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Really?

Somnamna!

Really?

I don't like filling in papers during a flight. In bizz class it is less problem than cattle class. Getting up from a window seat, disturbing other passengers, opening overhead luggage locker to search a pen, sitting down, filling in paper, and getting rid of that pen again...

I allways fill in all papers before flight departure. Makes it more comfotable on a long flight.
Why don't they post a pdf that you can fill before departure, to show on arrival or include in Passenger location form.
To difficult for you?

• Haha 1

Just to be clear. The second PCR test is free of charge only for the people that are already approved on the Test and Go scheme, right?

People that apply now for the Phuket Sandbox have to pre-pay the second PCR test using this website? https://www.thailandpsas.com/ (Kinda unfair, but that's fine.)

Thanks for anyone that can confirm this. Cheers. :)

6 hours ago, Alavan said:

Getting up from a window seat, disturbing other passengers, opening overhead luggage locker to search a pen, sitting down, filling in paper, and getting rid of that pen again...

Oh, I see where your problem is.

Aside the cattle class it is that your pen has to be in the overhead  compartment.

Let's see, your passport and your money, credit cards, phone, are also in there, huu?

I like to have all paperwork filled out before boarding, too.

For Thailand and China, ....,  .p.ex., I had/ve the arrival cards in the drawer and have em filled out, before leaving the house.

But that is not keeping me away from carrying a pen ON ME, in case something NEW comes up, to fill it out. Without "do you have a pen?"

To difficult for you?

Seems we both are person with habits

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 3

We have these arrival cards where I come from so no biggie....Being able to download it from the Thailand Pass system would be very handy, in PDF format and in each language (if you want it answered properly).

By making that a NOTAM(roughly translated notice to air men) it appears that they are trying to push the responsibility of having that form onboard and filled out correctly to the designated aircraft commander/crew of the inbound flight.

hopefully the airlines will quickly put a quick stop to this extra liability asap.

do they really want people to visit?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

NOTAM > https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/notam/what_is_a_notam

IMO it may be ignored, at least initially, as scheduled inbound flights would have to be supplied with the appropriate forms for pax to complete.  Thai madness!

I recall Malaysia ran short of arrival cards for handing out to arriving pax, circa 12 years ago.  Also, with none available upon landing, the Immi processing went much faster and subsequently arrival cards were done away with altogether, all due to a print shortfall IIRC.

It looks like a step to improve passenger flow at the airport, they sit on the plane anyways, why don't use this time to fill all forms and maybe even precheck it instead of creating a clueless crowd asking for forms on arrival and trying to will it here and there. don't understand why people complain about it here. i am always getting irritated when flight crew do not distribute visa forms on the plane

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

It looks like a step to improve passenger flow at the airport, they sit on the plane anyways, why don't use this time to fill all forms and maybe even precheck it instead of creating a clueless crowd asking for forms on arrival and trying to will it here and there. don't understand why people complain about it here. i am always getting irritated when flight crew do not distribute visa forms on the plane

I couldn't agree more.  It's the crazy way they've gone about this that's flawed.  There was a scenario many years ago when Immi handed out forms at the arrivals hall which created a shambles.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cathat said:

... it appears that they are trying to push the responsibility of having that form onboard and filled out correctly to the designated aircraft commander/crew of the inbound flight.

hopefully the airlines will quickly put a quick stop to this extra liability asap.

Oh? 

I found that always an improvement, airlines giving out arrival cards during the flight and that hopefully more as 30 minutes before landing. So that you can have that filled out BEFORE you are walking to the the passport counters.

For me this is just about the same, 'we' have to fill it out, do 'we' wanna do that on the back of the person in front of us?

And to the online download idea: Great, but only additional. 

B/c as only source? How many people wouldn't even know about this form?

With all the steps, they HAVE/had TO DO now, how many admitted in this forum alone, they never downloaded the app to their phone? (Ok, no one asks at the airport, it seems, but  you get the point?)

And printing out a piece of paper? For a new form, which may or may not survive January?

And how do you think, that the airlines can do a stop to this? Aside by not flying to Thailand?

And to your last question, I do say: No, if the people would just send the money, they would even be happier! 

But hey, that thinking might only be me.

Happy Boxing day!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

And to your last question, I do say: No, if the people would just send the money, they would even be happier! 

Plenty of people do this already, sending money to their girlfriends, some legit and others to treat the sick buffalo 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rimla said:

Just to be clear. The second PCR test is free of charge only for the people that are already approved on the Test and Go scheme, right?

People that apply now for the Phuket Sandbox have to pre-pay the second PCR test using this website? https://www.thailandpsas.com/ (Kinda unfair, but that's fine.)

Thanks for anyone that can confirm this. Cheers. :)

Yep. You will enjoy a gratis Thai jab 

That was a lot of energy to make something simple sound difficult for the sake of complaining. 

I've come to realize that's what this media source is about.

Useless whining to further enrage grumpy old farang

Edited by MikeV
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cathat said:

By making that a NOTAM(roughly translated notice to air men) it appears that they are trying to push the responsibility of having that form onboard and filled out correctly to the designated aircraft commander/crew of the inbound flight.

It's not rocket science. This is a common process everywhere.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pompies said:

(snip) ... but adds nothing of value to the safety & wellbeing of Thailand.

It's not intended to add anything of value to the safety and well being of Thailand.

It's intended to ensure that passengers "...have the completed entry documents ready before leaving the plane ... to reduce congestion in the airport and to comply with disease control measures…

That's what the NOTAM announcement clearly states.

This way passengers get their forms ready before leaving the plane when they're doing nothing on the flight, instead of holding everyone up looking through their baggage for documentation they've misplaced.

16 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Really?

Somnamna!

Could be used as a  weaopn, just  like  carrying a  knife  on board a  flight ,  once on board and in Business  Class they will give you stainless  knives and forks......nuts

17 hours ago, riclag said:

The head of CAAT should be fired for negligence!!
The govt  agency issued a international directive in a language nobody understands!

No he didn't.

What they announced, in Thai, as the source report (the Phuket News) said, was that a NOTAM was being issued and the CAAT then explained what the NOTAM was about.

That announcement wasn't the NOTAM, which follows a set mandated format which includes a description of the NOTAM in English (line E).

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Aside the cattle class it is that your pen has to be in the overhead  compartment.

Let's see, your passport and your money, credit cards, phone, are also in there, huu?

Yes, pen, passports and phone are in the overhead.
On a flight of 10 hours I try to make it as comfortable as possible in economy. So a book, glasses (plus case) and some sleeping accessories for sleeping is enough for me. Wallet I will keep with me.
Do you have so much space?
Oh, and I try to disturb the passengers in the same row as little as possible. I guess you are different, up2U, I don't care. I can look for my own comfort.

And not always do you get the papers a half hour before arrival. I remember a Thai flight BKK Pnom Penh where business class got the arrival documents, economy not. It was a disaster at the immigration everybody having to pick up documents and fill them in there.