News Forum - NCDC recommends Pfizer for kids 5-11, 4th vaccine for some

Thaiger

Giving the Pfizer vaccine has been recommended by the National Communicable Disease Committee for children aged 5 to 11 to protect against Covid-19 infections. In the face of the spreading Omicron variant, the NCDC also recommended a fourth booster vaccine for frontline workers, healthcare professionals, and people with certain medical needs. The Pfizer vaccine has been shown to be effective in fighting the Omicron variant, but only with 3 doses of the vaccine. Similar results have now been announced by the makers of the Moderna vaccine and the AstraZeneca vaccine, though Sinovac says they are still awaiting a complete data […]

The story NCDC recommends Pfizer for kids 5-11, 4th vaccine for some as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

39 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Face Palm GIF by Captain Obvious

I pray the children of Thailand may live through this pandemic and grow into normal healthy adulthood.

The biggest health risk children have during these times is their mental health. How are they able to become normal adults when they see their parents dressed up in a hazmat suit fighting for toilet paper and screaming at people whose mask slipped off their nose a bit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Unless the child has blood cancer covid poses no risk to them.  The vaccine — on the other hand — does pose risks.  So we are giving vaccines to children to protect elderly whom the vaccines were suppose to protect.  Make sense?  Yea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think this is a very wise move to vaccinate children 5-12. To say they are not susceptible to Covid, depends on the variant. It was true if Alpha. It isn't true of Delta or Omicron. Both these have infected across the age spectrum. So far, a third of the adult dose has been proven to be effective in this age group. It will be a matter of sufficient supply. As in my country, there will be a collision of demand. Children in this age group starting to get vaccinated at the same time the rest of the population will be due for booster shots. Watch for that between January and April. 

• Like 1

This is an absolute disgrace, children should not be vaccinated period!!! Do some research and study the science before allowing your children to be vaccinated. The Thai authorities along with those from other countries should bow their heads in shame!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Children’s innate immunity can easily be suppressed by vaccinal antibodies because children are, what we call “immunologically naïve”.  Their antibodies are so young and so naïve that they can easily be outcompeted by vaccinal antibodies.  These innate antibodies protect young children from several different diseases.  Thus, suppressing their innate immunity - preventing them from being protected against these diseases, and replacing this by vaccinal antibodies that have no -- maybe still some kind of efficacy against severe COVID-19 disease -- but not against all of these other diseases, is very, very bad. On top of that, it is very clear - if we suppress this innate antibody in children - this could even lead to autoimmune diseases. There are immunological explanations and a rational way to explain this. This is an absolute no go!  We cannot vaccinate our children with these vaccines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am so glad that my kids are all grown up and I am not faced with the decision to have them covid vaccinated.  I had enough trouble reconciling myself to the standard triple vaccine when they were little, but we went ahead with some trepidation.  The case for that was far stronger than the case for  covid vaccine for young children. 

• Like 2