New 'Test and Go' +7 day RT-PCR testing requirement

On 12/23/2021 at 8:45 PM, AnoMoss said:

So how does one take care of this new +7 day RT-PCR testing requirement for 'Test and Go' entry program if no testing locations are near your destination?

We will be taking off in just a few days and I am very worried about this.  We will be staying in Koh Lipe around this +5-7 day timeframe...

According to this: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/test-go-registration-suspended-heres-what-we-know-about-entry-to-thailand

The location of the approved government locations to get the newly required +7 day RT-PCR test can be found here: https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php#thai 

I do not see any testing locations on the linked site on Lipe.  What does this mean for people in a similar situation as us?

Any info, suggestions, or insight would be greatly appreciated!  I've asked our hotel on this but it seems a stretch that they would be able to help.

We are on Ko Lanta and we went to the local hospital, with our test and go second test paid for by government. . Our hotel made appointment for us with paperwork provided from one night quarantine hotel in Phuket.

After 30 hours and no result our hotel called. We are negative since a doctor did not show up at our door 😂. And no documents provided showing negative. And that is all they told us.  There must be a clinic in the island. 

15 minutes ago, BobNob said:

We are on Ko Lanta and we went to the local hospital, with our test and go second test paid for by government. . Our hotel made appointment for us with paperwork provided from one night quarantine hotel in Phuket.

After 30 hours and no result our hotel called. We are negative since a doctor did not show up at our door 😂. And no documents provided showing negative. And that is all they told us.  There must be a clinic in the island. 

Did you install the Morchana app? That will indicate your status. The hotel helped me install it and set it up but if your hotel didn’t help you do it you should be able to install it yourself and scan your Thailand Pass qr code from the settings menu to link to your results. You can’t see the results report in the app but your status will show up orange if results haven’t been received and green if your results are negative and have been input into the system. Your hotel is supposed to coordinate testing so they should follow up for you.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, AnoMoss said:

Goodness the worry deepens 😟

I didn't even thing about that.... PCR tests take several hours to process.  Do we have to wait at the test site for results? That would make it impossible to ferry transit to and from a mainland PCR testing site in the same day.... you would lose at least 2 days for transit and testing depending on ferry schedules. 

You won’t need to wait around for the results, once you do the PCR test, they’ll email you the results and/or if you’re lucky, upload the results for you onto the Thai Gov’t COSTE system.

My hospital “lost” my results, but I was able to track my test down, and they emailed me the lab certificate, which I uploaded myself into the Morchana app.

Once you have a negative result, your Morchana App QR code will go from yellow (moderate Covid risk) to green. That’s how you’ll know also if you need to upload the results yourself or not (you’ll also get a notification on Morchana if you need to upload the results on day >7)

in short, you don’t wait for the test results (takes up to 48 hours, usually get it in 24). But depending on the hospital, the actual doing the test may take up to an hour or two (mine took 30mins from arrival to registering and filling out paperwork to testing and leaving)

Edited by PLoNiaLMoNi

• 2 weeks later...

All I wanted was a well deserved holiday to relieve anxiety, this processand the risk of being positive and quarantined my entire time away is just too much. I just don’t understand the draconian measures for a disease that has a 99.997% survival rate.