New 'Test and Go' +7 day RT-PCR testing requirement

It is my 9th day here and fortunately we landed before the new restrictions were imposed. 

We need to take a 2nd PCR-RT test before going back to the UK. Prices in Hua Hin are ranging from 3500 to 4700. I read somewhere that the Thailand pass may entitle us to a free PCR test but not quite sure if that’s correct or the test we require to re-enter the UK.

Hi everyone,

I found this thread as I was also very confused and worried myself! I arrived in bkk on 25th Dec, did my 24 hour quarantine and was sent off from the hotel with a lateral flow with no details of where I should test on day 5-7.

I have now found a website listing all the approved spots you can get tested for the 2nd pcr for free (providing you have your pink slip)

https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php

I am currently on the north side of Koh Phangnan and I was so worried! But there seems to be quite a variety to chose from :)

On 12/30/2021 at 9:41 AM, Malachia said:

Hi everyone,

I found this thread as I was also very confused and worried myself! I arrived in bkk on 25th Dec, did my 24 hour quarantine and was sent off from the hotel with a lateral flow with no details of where I should test on day 5-7.

I have now found a website listing all the approved spots you can get tested for the 2nd pcr for free (providing you have your pink slip)

https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php

I am currently on the north side of Koh Phangnan and I was so worried! But there seems to be quite a variety to chose from :)

Hi Malachia, Thank you for this list. I can't however find anywhere that states the second test is for free (I am also Thai citizen). Do you know where I can find that information? Thank you 

On 12/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, RobinofLoxley said:

Funnily enough I am going to Koh Lipe then too, but for a couple of months - I know the place well - My contacts there tell me that 7 day PCR test can only be carried out on the mainland, so I've decided to stay in BKK for the first 7 days, I'm lucky because time is my friend on this trip  - that way if I happen to go positive I will have better quarantine choices in BKK than in Haat Yai or wherever I would have to go for tests down South.  I wouldn't want to leave Koh Lipe not knowing if I'll be able to return after PCR test.  One thing seems for sure - whatever you plan, I suggest you stay and get your PCR test done somewhere nice and easily accessible, wait for the result then make travel plans from there 

I hope that helps       

I totally agree..........

On 12/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, Pacamara said:

Looks like you just got in before they started the double pcr requirement - nice!

Update: just got my 2nd pcr test. Had to change travel plans because of this test, as only place in the vicinity is Aonang. Went to the QR listed hospital and was told they have changed the “swab” location to the new/empty/skeleton of a place called Landmark near the beach - a long way from the hospital. Classic!

Anyway arrived, and it was empty, only two people ahead of us, yet it took 50mins - ridiculous, no idea why it took so long. Make sure you have pink slip + passport, or they will charge you for it. 

Was able to move after it was completed, results take 6hrs, can check via QR code, and/or the ambulance will arrive at the accommodation you are staying at 😅 if you are positive. 

Just a quick note- don’t be an idiot like the (foreign) people around me and take off masks whilst coughing in the testing queue….

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

we arrived on 24th of december. Its our 10th day today and we went just today to get tested - but its not free. We got no informations about second testing from imigrations nor hotel. They didnt tested us today, but said to come tommorow till 4pm and it cost 2000 bath per one test. 

Is it realy necessary this second PCR test? we got no pink slip or any other informations about second testing after arrival.

Hi Everyone,

We entered Thailand on Dec 20th and received no additional form other than the departure card.   Does that mean there is no requirement for us to take the 2nd PCR test?  What does a "pink form" look like?

Apparently, we did the first PCR test at the Test & Go hotel, then an antigen self-test on the 26th (the 7th day after arrival). Both are negative.  I think that was the official procedure we were supposed to follow.

When we heard about the 2nd PCR test, it had already way passed our 7th day...

Thanks!

Just completed my 2nd PCR test in central BKK. 8:30AM already 20 people waiting!

According to the manager at the hospital:

- it is mandatory to do this 2nd test

- if the 1st PCR test actual swap was done before 6PM, that day counts as day 1. If after 6PM it counts as day 0. I have not seen myself this rule written anywhere so far...

Just call your hospital to reconfirm.

19 minutes ago, HappyHere said:

Just completed my 2nd PCR test in central BKK. 8:30AM already 20 people waiting!

- if the 1st PCR test actual swap was done before 6PM, that day counts as day 1. If after 6PM it counts as day 0. I have not seen myself this rule written anywhere so far...

Hi everybody! 

We entered in Thailand via BKK on December 26th with test&go. 

We got the new form - white&pink paper. Theoretically the pink paper is to show at a designated government for the second PCR test.

But, no information about: when/where to take the second test, no info about the app  Morchana. 

We went to make the first pcr at a hospital drive thru center. There they said no second pcr is needed and they gave us a self-test to take, i quote, “whenever you want”. 

On January 1st we flew to Phuket. At the hotel they said no second d PCR is needed. 

We have a dilema if we should go and get this second test. Where we have to report the results? The hotel insists that they dont have to report the test as we flew to Phuket domestically. 

We dont want to break the laws and to have any problems at departure. 

Please advise… thank youuuuu!!!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cristian83 said:

the pink paper is to show at a designated government for the second PCR test.

We went to make the first pcr at a hospital drive thru center. There they said no second pcr is needed and they gave us a self-test to take, i quote, “whenever you want”. 

On January 1st we flew to Phuket. At the hotel they said no second d PCR is needed. 

We have a dilema if we should go and get this second test. Where we have to report the results? The hotel insists that they dont have to report the test as we flew to Phuket domestically. 

Edited by Pacamara
Double post

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Cristian83 said:

Hi everybody! 

We got the new form - white&pink paper. Theoretically the pink paper is to show at a designated government for the second PCR test.

But, no information about: when/where to take the second test, no info about the app  Morchana. 

You arrived dec 26th into bkk, and you signed your name for the 2nd test (pink paper) - so yes you have to do it. Check the qr code you were given at the same time getting the pink paper, this has a list of swab centres/hospitals that will do it.

Or you can find the google drive list on this forum, as it’s been shared a few times.

Edited by Pacamara

7 hours ago, HappyHere said:

Update: since it is a government subsidized 2nd PCR test, which is really great, it falls under the "normal" speed. Expect the result in 24 hours, not 4~5 hours.

You may pay a supplement to get a fast track test. Please consult with your hospital.

I travelled to samui via bangkok where i took an rt pcr test. It was negative and was able to proceed with my flight to samui. On arrival everything was fine.. no problems. Until i found out i have to have a second rt pcr test! I quizzed a staff member who made a phone call and came back with the idea i dont need a second rt pcr test as i am staying at the one resort for the rest of my time on samui. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I just flew back to US from Bangkok after staying in Thailand for 10 days. I booked a 7-day PCR test through a hotel I was staying in Bangkok when I arrived to the hotel on my 5th day in Thailand. The hotel front desk staff told me I had to test, and sent me a link to the website where I book the PCR appointment. You need to bring your passport and the pink slip you signed. Testing was at Piyavate Hospital and it was free, provided you brought the required documents. Showed up at 9AM and the line was short. I got tested, was given a link to the page where I would receive the result within 12 hours. Mind you I was testing about 24 hours before I had to board my flight. 

I never was able to retrieve the result of the PCR test (link kept saying that the data wasn't available or something to that effect). The airport also did not ask for a proof of the 7 day test before the departure. I took a rapid antigen test before boarding the flight (550 baht) got my result within 15 minutes, and began the check in process. 

Now, I don't know if my 7-day PCR testing status shows up on their computer when they scan my passport, but I got the impression that they did not check, but I would still recommend doing it for the comfort of mind. Hope this helps.

I took the 7-day test before flying back home and expected immigration to ask to see the results.  Nothing of the sort happened.   Only the airline was interested in the result of my COVID test. 

3 hours ago, TedG said:

I took the 7-day test before flying back home and expected immigration to ask to see the results.  Nothing of the sort happened.   Only the airline was interested in the result of my COVID test. 

In the 3 countries I have flown into during the pandemic 

All 3 immigration were not involved in any covid policing 

It is all done by the airlines , as you mentioned 

It does always seem odd to me, but I'm not complaining!

On 1/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, Cristian83 said:

Hi everybody! 

If you check the pink slip, there should be a blue stamp from the Thailand immigration/passport control, which states that you need to go for testing on Day 5-7 after arrival in Thailand.

I’ve attached a list of approved testing centres in Phuket.

You will receive a notification on your Morchana App (which you MUST INSTALL on arrival in Thailand) after Day 7, requiring you to upload your 2nd RT PCR test results and a scan or image of the lab results certificate.

E29D02D9-02BF-4968-A173-6A539B4CA6C2.jpeg

Hello everybody.

Just got back from Bangkok to Barcelona yesterday. I miss the 7th day PCR free test and I was willing to pay to have the PCR. But all the clinics I asked nobody really knew how it works. So in the end (after read here) I decide to don't test and see what happened.

NOTHING... no one asked me about it in the airline, in the passport control or anywhere.

Not encouraging people to follow me and waive the test, but sharing my experience.

To those still in Thailand... enjoy it and WEAR THE MASK BUT RESPECT FOR THE LOCALS, nobody like to wear it, but in a country so "strict" we and depending on the tourism, we should respect them to avoid another lockdown. :)

On 12/23/2021 at 8:45 PM, AnoMoss said:

So how does one take care of this new +7 day RT-PCR testing requirement for 'Test and Go' entry program if no testing locations are near your destination?

We will be taking off in just a few days and I am very worried about this.  We will be staying in Koh Lipe around this +5-7 day timeframe...

According to this: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/test-go-registration-suspended-heres-what-we-know-about-entry-to-thailand

The location of the approved government locations to get the newly required +7 day RT-PCR test can be found here: https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php#thai 

I do not see any testing locations on the linked site on Lipe.  What does this mean for people in a similar situation as us?

Any info, suggestions, or insight would be greatly appreciated!  I've asked our hotel on this but it seems a stretch that they would be able to help.

Actually under Test and Go requirement is for a second PCR test on Day 5-6. When you arrive you fill out a Quarantine Form which includes details of your arrival flight, Test and Go Hotel and passport details. The form states your obligation to remain under observation for a period of 14 days after arrival which is achieved by installing the Morchana contact tracing app on the phone which the hotel should help you install. You are given a pink carbon copy of the form after cleaning immigration. The form also states that you must undergo a Day 5-6 PCR test at a designated Lab a list of which can be obtained by scanning the QR code on the form and includes both government and private hospitals located across the country. On the required date you go to the approved lab of your choice take the test and away you go. The test is paid for by the government. You just hand over the pink form and you get the test done for free. Results are uploaded into the Morchana App by the lab. Your status in Morchana is shown as Medium Risk until a negative test result is obtained when it changes to Low Risk.

I found that the process at the airport went like clockwork with trained staff on hand to assist with form filling and document collation. However I did go through the documentation requirements in fine detail before I travelled and made sure that I had printed copies in hand organized in a file so they are easy to locate when requested.Good  Preparation is key  to success I would say. The testing process on arrival also went smoothly and I was released when negative results came in about 10 hours after being swabbed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Actually under Test and Go requirement is for a second PCR test on Day 5-6. When you arrive you fill out a Quarantine Form which includes details of your arrival flight, Test and Go Hotel and passport details. The form states your obligation to remain under observation for a period of 14 days after arrival which is achieved by installing the Morchana contact tracing app on the phone which the hotel should help you install. You are given a pink carbon copy of the form after cleaning immigration. The form also states that you must undergo a Day 5-6 PCR test at a designated Lab a list of which can be obtained by scanning the QR code on the form and includes both government and private hospitals located across the country. On the required date you go to the approved lab of your choice take the test and away you go. The test is paid for by the government. You just hand over the pink form and you get the test done for free. Results are uploaded into the Morchana App by the lab. Your status in Morchana is shown as Medium Risk until a negative test result is obtained when it changes to Low Risk.

I found that the process at the airport went like clockwork with trained staff on hand to assist with form filling and document collation. However I did go through the documentation requirements in fine detail before I travelled and made sure that I had printed copies in hand organized in a file so they are easy to locate when requested.Good  Preparation is key  to success I would say. The testing process on arrival also went smoothly and I was released when negative results came in about 10 hours after being swabbed.

Correction. The day 5-6 results may need to be uploaded by yourself after receiving them. The Day 1 results are uploaded by the hospital

On 1/11/2022 at 12:55 AM, Stevejm said:

Correction. The day 5-6 results may need to be uploaded by yourself after receiving them. The Day 1 results are uploaded by the hospital

My family got the 2nd PCR test yesterday (Day 5). The results arrived after a few hours. The hospital we got the test at said they would report the results. The hotel we were at for the first night told me to email them the results and they would report it.

We were never asked to install MorChana (but I did it). The app wasn't mentioned at all by anyone, or advertised anywhere. No signs at the airport, nothing at the hotel. My QR code is also still orange - Medium Risk.

Today is Day 6. Will wait and see if the app gives me a notification to upload results.

BTW, the PCR tests seem quite horrible here. The nurses were great but the actual swab collection was horrible. They dig in all the way and swirl around so much. Has made us sneeze and eyes water, and gag when they swab the throat. They even insisted on sticking it up the nose for the children causing them to cry (4, and 1) despite some of the Gov guidelines saying children 6 and under could do a saliva test (which the Test & Go nurse did). Totally different to what we're used to in Sydney.

9 minutes ago, DonL said:

My family got the 2nd PCR test yesterday (Day 5). The results arrived after a few hours. The hospital we got the test at said they would report the results. The hotel we were at for the first night told me to email them the results and they would report it.

We were never asked to install MorChana (but I did it). The app wasn't mentioned at all by anyone, or advertised anywhere. No signs at the airport, nothing at the hotel. My QR code is also still orange - Medium Risk.

Today is Day 6. Will wait and see if the app gives me a notification to upload results.

BTW, the PCR tests seem quite horrible here. The nurses were great but the actual swab collection was horrible. They dig in all the way and swirl around so much. Has made us sneeze and eyes water, and gag when they swab the throat. They even insisted on sticking it up the nose for the children causing them to cry (4, and 1) despite some of the Gov guidelines saying children 6 and under could do a saliva test (which the Test & Go nurse did). Totally different to what we're used to in Sydney.

My Thai wife has said the same regarding the test procedure

She has taken multiple tests in Canada, US  and Mexico.

She said Thailand was only place that rammed the swab up her nose and throat

25 minutes ago, DonL said:

I just did my day 5-6 PCR at Bangkok Hospital Bangkok and it was super professional both the process and swab taking. The hospital will upload my results to Morchana and email a copy to me. Swab taking was no more uncomfortable than having it done in UK. I suppose that the comfort intaking of swabs depends on the practitioners skill more than anything.

Edited by Stevejm
Update

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

My Thai wife has said the same regarding the test procedure

She has taken multiple tests in Canada, US  and Mexico.

She said Thailand was only place that rammed the swab up her nose and throat

My swabs were taken from both nasal and throat areas in both Thailand and UK! I think they are called nasopharyngeal swabs. In fact UK government issued home tests specify that both throat and nose be swabbed 

Edited by Stevejm
Update

According to experts nasopharyngeal swabs give the highest yield sample so nose only or throat only samples might be used for quick tests 

28BEC5C3-38A9-4F7E-89CC-104A53B20938.png