New 'Test and Go' +7 day RT-PCR testing requirement

So how does one take care of this new +7 day RT-PCR testing requirement for 'Test and Go' entry program if no testing locations are near your destination?

We will be taking off in just a few days and I am very worried about this.  We will be staying in Koh Lipe around this +5-7 day timeframe...

According to this: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/test-go-registration-suspended-heres-what-we-know-about-entry-to-thailand

The location of the approved government locations to get the newly required +7 day RT-PCR test can be found here: https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php#thai 

I do not see any testing locations on the linked site on Lipe.  What does this mean for people in a similar situation as us?

Any info, suggestions, or insight would be greatly appreciated!  I've asked our hotel on this but it seems a stretch that they would be able to help.

Edited by AnoMoss
typo

Funnily enough I am going to Koh Lipe then too, but for a couple of months - I know the place well - My contacts there tell me that 7 day PCR test can only be carried out on the mainland, so I've decided to stay in BKK for the first 7 days, I'm lucky because time is my friend on this trip  - that way if I happen to go positive I will have better quarantine choices in BKK than in Haat Yai or wherever I would have to go for tests down South.  I wouldn't want to leave Koh Lipe not knowing if I'll be able to return after PCR test.  One thing seems for sure - whatever you plan, I suggest you stay and get your PCR test done somewhere nice and easily accessible, wait for the result then make travel plans from there 

I hope that helps       

• Like 2

Sounds like it's going to be a crowded place! 

I was planning to go there too. 

I've just completed the airport mayhem. Totally unorganized shambles. Can't believe I expected any less. It was crazy.

Anyway, if you leave the island and take a test do you wait for the result? Do you have to spend a night? 24 hours again? No one at the airport wanted to tell me. 

Thanks! 

Try and pump your first day quarantine hotel for info. That is my plan as they used to send you on your way with the rapid test and should know something. I too want to know what happens if no one can give guidance and and you just can’t possibly do the +7 day PCR? Can I still do a rapid?  I can find a rapid or pack one….

7 minutes ago, Shouldhavewaited said:

What happens if you don't do it? 

There's a Israeli man who has experience with this now; 45k a person I expect and up-to 2 years of jail time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are you referring to the guy that was in Samui? 

The one that had a negative result then "escaped" and on his own accord had two further tests... Because he was bored I guess?? 

Can you show the link to where you read about the 45k or jail time? 

I'll try the hotel. They took my swab and handed me one single rapid test. Didn't say a word until I asked what it was. I'll add it to the dozen I brought with me! 

7 hours ago, Shark said:

There's a Israeli man who has experience with this now; 45k a person I expect and up-to 2 years of jail time.

That was totally different. He skipped out on his first day quarantine and PCR test on arrival. We are talking about the +7 day test that used to be a rapid and was just changed to a PCR. How do we take care of this if no approved testing location is near your destination? I’m not a local. Telling me to go from Lipe to Satun or Hat Yai is easy to say but not in practice for a tourist that wants to do right. 

7 hours ago, Shouldhavewaited said:

The one that had a negative result then "escaped" and on his own accord had two further tests... Because he was bored I guess?? 

I'll try the hotel. They took my swab and handed me one single rapid test. Didn't say a word until I asked what it was. I'll add it to the dozen I brought with me! 

Wait…. No one told you what to do for your +7 day test? Did they say to do the rapid they gave you? Surely they gave some instruction as I understand they are responsible for setting you up with the tracing app and instructions for the +7 day test. 

19 minutes ago, Shouldhavewaited said:

I think they give it to you for your own peace of mind. It's not the official test that had to be done at an approved centre. 

And no one mentioned what to do for the follow-up +7 day test?  Are you still in your first day quarantine hotel or already out? What date did you arrive?  Seems to rules are different depending on when you arrive:
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go&fbclid=IwAR2m_67NIBwVzZTFHGYvWJZUgZwVXOVO6WnnF_nCsvkd4vnG5eV6KupM_jI

image.png.7aeaa2e953332351d14d85cdb8112cfe.png

I'm getting pretty concerned about this and the more I look into it the more I find that I am far from alone.  Lots of posts with people that had plans for a destination that does not have reasonable access to do the newly required RT-PCR test.  I really don't know where to go for help on this and kind of feel like we have no choice but to cancel or just wing it.

9 hours ago, Shouldhavewaited said:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/escaped-israeli-officially-cleared-of-covid-19-now-faces-prosecution

12 minutes ago, AnoMoss said:

And no one mentioned what to do for the follow-up +7 day test?  Are you still in your first day quarantine hotel or already out? What date did you arrive? 

image.png.7aeaa2e953332351d14d85cdb8112cfe.png

I'm getting pretty concerned about this and the more I look into it the more I find that I am far from alone.  Lots of posts with people that had plans for a destination that does not have reasonable access to do the newly required RT-PCR test.  I really don't know where to go for help on this and kind of feel like we have no choice but to cancel or just wing it.

I’m in the same boat, leaving tomorrow off to an island with no access near a pcr testing centre.  Also is it day 7 for the test, day 5 or day 6? Clear as mud. 

Also wondering if we are forced to wait for the results of 2nd pcr test on-site, or if we can roam again. The results could take 6-12 hours 😂. Looks like I’ll have to cancel a load of accomodations…

11 minutes ago, Pacamara said:

I’m in the same boat, leaving tomorrow off to an island with no access near a pcr testing centre.  Also is it day 7 for the test, day 5 or day 6? Clear as mud. 

Also wondering if we are forced to wait for the results of 2nd pcr test on-site, or if we can roam again. The results could take 6-12 hours 😂. Looks like I’ll have to cancel a load of accomodations…

Goodness the worry deepens 😟

I didn't even thing about that.... PCR tests take several hours to process.  Do we have to wait at the test site for results? That would make it impossible to ferry transit to and from a mainland PCR testing site in the same day.... you would lose at least 2 days for transit and testing depending on ferry schedules. 

• Like 1

I got here today. 

Airport was chaos. You disembark from the plane to be met with "officials". They have rows of chairs that is a free for all. They didn't make anything clear.

You need to fill out another form that gives detail of your accommodation. When you've done that they then say you've got to write your seat number and flight at the top of the page. They will also check through your documents. 

You then queue again to have your documents checked again. 

Then onto someone (again, looked like 18 year olds) who takes a copy of the newly filled out form. They tell you to take a photo of the QR code on theie stand. I asked where the centre is... I'm going to koh lipe. Blank faces. 

Onto immigration. I'd booked one night at the approved hotel at the airport. They asked for my other hotel confirmation. Told them I didn't read I needed that at it's not on their site so I had none booked until I know I have a negative result. Nope. Needed to book something right there and then to show them.

These guys have immigration uniform. Asked him where I can go and I'm going to an island. Usual stopped understanding English.... Great. Thanks.

Booked using the free airport WiFi. Went through immigration and cancelled it waiting for the van. 

Got to the hotel. Did a pcr test with a nurse before being allowed to go to my room. 

Has a few hours catch up sleep. Had my test result emailed to me. Test at 1030 am. Results by 330pm.

Will ask at reception when I'm down next about the 5...7...make it up as you go along test. 

Expected this kind of mess for the first week... But surely they should have had practice and a smooth operation by now. Dread to think what it was like the first weeks. 

1640310967990.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shouldhavewaited said:

I got here today. 

Airport was chaos. You disembark from the plane to be met with "officials". They have rows of chairs that is a free for all. They didn't make anything clear.

You need to fill out another form that gives detail of your accommodation. When you've done that they then say you've got to write your seat number and flight at the top of the page. They will also check through your documents. 

You then queue again to have your documents checked again. 

Then onto someone (again, looked like 18 year olds) who takes a copy of the newly filled out form. They tell you to take a photo of the QR code on theie stand. I asked where the centre is... I'm going to koh lipe. Blank faces. 

Onto immigration. I'd booked one night at the approved hotel at the airport. They asked for my other hotel confirmation. Told them I didn't read I needed that at it's not on their site so I had none booked until I know I have a negative result. Nope. Needed to book something right there and then to show them.

These guys have immigration uniform. Asked him where I can go and I'm going to an island. Usual stopped understanding English.... Great. Thanks.

Booked using the free airport WiFi. Went through immigration and cancelled it waiting for the van. 

Got to the hotel. Did a pcr test with a nurse before being allowed to go to my room. 

Has a few hours catch up sleep. Had my test result emailed to me. Test at 1030 am. Results by 330pm.

Will ask at reception when I'm down next about the 5...7...make it up as you go along test. 

Expected this kind of mess for the first week... But surely they should have had practice and a smooth operation by now. Dread to think what it was like the first weeks. 

1640310967990.jpg

Wow thank you for the reply! Very insightful. 

I would be very interested to see what info you can get out of the hotel for your +5-7 or whatever day PCR test. Also curious if they will give you a rapid test to take along. 

I came from the UK and brought a dozen antigen tests with me. 

After a day of this and worried about testing positive so I can't fly back... Starting to think if it's worth it! It's been a long flight and day. Hopefully better tomorrow. 

18 hours ago, AnoMoss said:

That was totally different. He skipped out on his first day quarantine and PCR test on arrival. We are talking about the +7 day test that used to be a rapid and was just changed to a PCR. How do we take care of this if no approved testing location is near your destination? I’m not a local. Telling me to go from Lipe to Satun or Hat Yai is easy to say but not in practice for a tourist that wants to do right. 

You think it's different but it's not as the 5-7 days test is as of now just as mandatory.
They don't care how you get to a approved testing location, that's "up to you".

On 12/24/2021 at 10:41 PM, AnoMoss said:

Wow thank you for the reply! Very insightful. 

I would be very interested to see what info you can get out of the hotel for your +5-7 or whatever day PCR test. Also curious if they will give you a rapid test to take along. 

I’m now here.  
Was fast getting through the airport as was lucky (only one plane at the airport) so probably only took 20mins total! This could be a few hours if you are unlucky with other planes arriving at the same time…

Make sure you have printed evidence of accommodation, not just the quarantine hotel, will make your life easier as immigration check.

Wasn’t asked to download any app.

As for the pcr test: Day 1 is counted as “0”, day 2,  “1”. You can have the second pcr test on day “5”, “6” or “7” from the list of hospitals given to you via qr code. There aren’t any testing centres near me, so have changed plans to be near one on day “7”. I called the hospital (incorrect number on the qr code list of course, so check that too) and I have to get the test before 4pm. They said no need to wait for the result. Obviously each hospital may have their own time schedule for this, so this is only true in my case. Hope it all works out.

• Like 1

We arrived just a bit ago and cleared the airport. Wasn’t bad really, but no info on the +5-7 day test or any sort of app. Have to assume at this point it’s on the day 1 quarantine/test hotel to set us off with this info. 

The nurse from the day 1 PCR testing clinic and our quarantine hotel both confirmed that no +5-7 day test would be required. They are giving us each a antigen test for if we feel Ill and want to self test. That is all. 

Hotel in Lipe also has no knowledge of an additional test being required. 

everyone that we talked to about this looked at us like we were talking nonsense…. “It’s ‘Test and Go’…. You test and you go” lol. So nothing for it! Enjoying our holiday and will update if we learn anything more. 

Edited by AnoMoss

5-7 day test is most definitely required, don't know how authorities control now though.

I came in when it was a self-administered rapid test - took a pic of the result and sent it to the hotel, as required. Bit of a joke, could have used a drop of water to show a negative result. lulz

1 hour ago, AnoMoss said:

The nurse from the day 1 PCR testing clinic and our quarantine hotel both confirmed that no +5-7 day test would be required. They are giving us each a antigen test for if we feel Ill and want to self test. That is all. 

Hotel in Lipe also has no knowledge of an additional test being required. 

everyone that we talked to about this looked at us like we were talking nonsense…. “It’s ‘Test and Go’…. You test and you go” lol. So nothing for it! Enjoying our holiday and will update if we learn anything more. 

Did you not get the pink piece of paper at immigration? This is needed for the 2nd rt-pcr test. (Recommended that you take a photo of it, just in case).

Unfortunately your hotels have given you completely incorrect information. Although tbh it’s not their responsibility, it yours (and you sign that it is on the pink paper).

I arrived Dec. 23 on Ko Samui. At this time, there was no discussion about a 2nd test. No immigration form, no pink form, no test kit. They can not expect us to check every day for changed rules. I tried to do a second test today, but not possible at the airport, not for free in Bangkok hospital and when I finally got to Samui Hospital in Nathong, it was too late. 

8 minutes ago, Alex1313 said:

I arrived Dec. 23 on Ko Samui. At this time, there was no discussion about a 2nd test. No immigration form, no pink form, no test kit. They can not expect us to check every day for changed rules. I tried to do a second test today, but not possible at the airport, not for free in Bangkok hospital and when I finally got to Samui Hospital in Nathong, it was too late. 

Looks like you just got in before they started the double pcr requirement - nice!