News Forum - Thai Omicron cases surpass 100, world tightens restrictions

Thaiger

The Omicron variant of Covid-19 has now been detected in 95 countries and Thailand has not escaped unscathed. 104 Omicron variant infections have now been uncovered in Thailand according to the CCSA with the first local transmission recently discovered. Most of the cases of the new variant are currently receiving treatment though some have recovered already, according to the Department of Disease Control. According to data quoted by the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the Omicron variant is far more transmissible than other variants of Covid-19 and has already been found in 47 of the 50 United States. […]

The story Thai Omicron cases surpass 100, world tightens restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Here we go again, more ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense. 

The stupidity of the world's so called leaders and government officials is staggering. 

Thailand had no alternative but to suspend test and go seeing reaction and drastic steps being taken by other countries. First indications are that Comicron is generally very infectous but usually mild with cold like symptoms but many health workers and other important workers are sick and not reporting for work putting a big strain on these important services. If this proves correct then maybe will be able to reinstate test and go early next year but only for fully vaccinated and negative PCR test before travelling to Thailand. Optimistically Comicron could prove to be the beginning of the end of the Pandemic.

• Like 4

There you have it at over 100 publicly announced. Going to be way higher than that in reality as has been here for several weeks already and it touchy spreads like a wild fire. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Ban the Brits, Yanks and Saudi's. Chuck the Africans in for good measure. That should sort it. 😃

If only you filthy farangs, would shower before and after every single activity, Thailand would be disease and drug and sex and crime and corruption free! 

Now shut up and salute the flag! 🙏🏻😎

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

hat about the Cloggie's the Frogs and the krauts Poolie and the rest of Europe ?? Wait till the shit real'y hits the Blanket in Thailand and watch the excuses to come flying out. How many have had there Booster in Thailand  Zorba ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vlad said:

hat about the Cloggie's the Frogs and the krauts Poolie and the rest of Europe ?? Wait till the shit real'y hits the Blanket in Thailand and watch the excuses to come flying out. How many have had there Booster in Thailand  Zorba ??

I had my Moderna (the best) booster on the 13th. Now in absolute fairness to me, I paid shitloads for that dose months ago in pure desperation as Anutin FUBAR the first AZ roll out in a disastrous and now failed and buried  attempt to kiss arse upstairs. As luck would have it, their BS ensured my very expensive private Moderna arrived in perfect timing for the next (Omi) disaster. So on NYE I will be at peak immunity, and I am outta Dodge hours later!

Hey I didn't make the rules, I got good karma because I care, I tip the locals well, unlike the billionaire gangstas wilfully raping, pillaging, and destroying this beautiful place by the hour as they sickeningly hug the flag and blame everyone but themselves for the discontent.

• Like 4

Time to close Thailand again, Omicron is about to explode soon, or stay open but ban all countries from entering at least businesses can still open that way it might slow down the spread, letting people enter now, full vaccinated, quarantined or sandbox won't work Omicron will spread like wildfire. Covid will be around for a long time mutation after mutation all around the world we are going to have to live with it unless they find a drug that can wipe it out.

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Wake up people, studies show that Omni has 2/3 risk of hospitalization than Delta. When South African doctors said that they were laughed at and locked down. How did that work? 

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/22/health/omicron-delta-covid-hospitalization-risk/index.html

Stop posting articles showing rational and scientific positive news, you know most people don't like these "rare" mainstream media articles here unless it is about panic, fear, lockdowns, curfews, full hospitals,... a huge tragedy that requires at least another booster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

Stop posting articles showing rational and scientific positive news, you know most people don't like these "rare" mainstream media articles here unless it is about panic, fear, lockdowns, curfews, full hospitals,... a huge tragedy that requires at least another booster.

Fauchi confirmed that yesterday. I don't belive this jocker too much but would like you to elaborate with any contradictory data please 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

I had my Moderna (the best) booster on the 13th. Now in absolute fairness to me, I paid shitloads for that dose months ago in pure desperation as Anutin FUBAR the first AZ roll out in a disastrous and now failed and buried  attempt to kiss arse upstairs. As luck would have it, their BS ensured my very expensive private Moderna arrived in perfect timing for the next (Omi) disaster. So on NYE I will be at peak immunity, and I am outta Dodge hours later!

Hey I didn't make the rules, I got good karma because I care, I tip the locals well, unlike the billionaire gangstas wilfully raping, pillaging, and destroying this beautiful place by the hour as they sickeningly hug the flag and blame everyone but themselves for the discontent.

Wow, that is some serious self praise and virtue signaling blather. 

11 hours ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

CM has gotten the major Moderna shaft hard for the ones payed for it. Literally non existent.

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Fauchi confirmed that yesterday. I don't belive this jocker too much but would like you to elaborate with any contradictory data please 

My comment meant to be sacarstic, the article you posted was a great source, I posted a similar one myself yesterday from an australian newspaper saying pretty much the same, more data of that sort are already out there. Well no worries AlexPTY, not everyone is good with understanding sarcasm ✌️

As for Fauci, I still have in mind when he was hugely promoting Remdesevir from Gilead last year, which resulted the US using it widely and the EU buying 1 billion euros of that crap... 3 days before WHO in October 2020 recommended to stop using it as it was useless as well as very toxic. But "conflict of interests" mean nothing anymore during this "new nromal" world of the Covid era. But Fauci or else, when the evidences are impossible to contredict, wether it is their wish or not, have nothing left to do then to agree. Which is a good thing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stuhan said:

Time to close Thailand again, Omicron is about to explode soon, or stay open but ban all countries from entering at least businesses can still open that way it might slow down the spread, letting people enter now, full vaccinated, quarantined or sandbox won't work Omicron will spread like wildfire. Covid will be around for a long time mutation after mutation all around the world we are going to have to live with it unless they find a drug that can wipe it out.

"Explode" 🤣

I'd lock myself in the cupboard a while longer mate, it's terrifying out there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/22/2021 at 8:13 PM, Thaiger said:

The Omicron variant of Covid-19 has now been detected in 95 countries and Thailand has not escaped unscathed. 104 Omicron variant infections have now been uncovered in Thailand according to the CCSA with the first local transmission recently discovered. Most of the cases of the new variant are currently receiving treatment though some have recovered already, according to the Department of Disease Control. According to data quoted by the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the Omicron variant is far more transmissible than other variants of Covid-19 and has already been found in 47 of the 50 United States. […]

The story Thai Omicron cases surpass 100, world tightens restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well that escalated quickly.

Didn't Prayuth "vow" to keep it out last week?

Asking for a penniless sex worker.

18 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Wow, that is some serious self praise and virtue signaling blather. 

It sure is! I'm very proud of it. Take your put down commentary someplace they give a shit. Maybe your local beer bar; if it ever opens again. 😎

Edited by Zorba_the_Geek

On 12/22/2021 at 8:13 PM, Thaiger said:

Yes just as you think things could not become more ludicrous, elephants in Thailand are having surgical masks placed on them.  What isn't known is if they will be required to have a vaccine passport in order to participate in the Christmas festivities. 

image.thumb.png.23abd76c65f2ee8f3a890bb8eeb7f52d.png

On 12/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, stuhan said:

Can't prevent it from spreading by closing the borders - it's here already!

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, Nivram said:

Variant - booster, variant - booster, variant - booster.

Covid testing, covid testing, covid testing

This is tiring.

And yet, only a handful are able to recognize the pattern - all of which is clearly not necessary.