News Forum - Indonesia bars travellers from Denmark, Norway and the UK amidst fear of Omicron

Thaiger

Amidst fear of the Omicron outbreak, Indonesia has barred travellers from Denmark, Norway, and the UK aside from ten African countries and extended the quarantine period for all arrivals to 14 days, according to the Jakarta Post. The Indonesian government decided to add Denmark, Norway, and the UK to the no-entry list because “Omicron has been spreading very fast in all three of them,” the Coordinating Maritime Affairs and Investment Minister Luhut Pandjaitan told the press on Monday. According to media reports, Denmark and Norway expect Omicron to account for most new infections in the coming weeks, with the UK […]

The story Indonesia bars travellers from Denmark, Norway and the UK amidst fear of Omicron as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don't think wiser. It will come and be very contagious as it has proven to be already. But watch what happens in the U.K. it's an example of what might happen.....

• Like 2

If everyone goes into lockdown again over a virus that is just like the cold, I'm seriously going to figure out how to sign up as an astronaut for Elon Musk and fly to Mars. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think wiser. It will come and be very contagious as it has proven to be already. But watch what happens in the U.K. it's an example of what might happen.....

It's very contagious yes, but who actually cares if it's a very very mild flu. It's not deadly, only in extreme cases, just like the normal flu. Why don't people see this? Bring it on, after that I will be stronger because my immune system will be able to recognize another virus. 

We put stress on VERY CONTAGIOUS, but that doesn't say anything. So is a common cold, and were we afraid of that in the past? I don't think so. 

People only look for the buzz words and see and hear words from 'doctors' and 'scientists' which sound scary and often don't even understand them. If only they look a bit further than the news, or just turn on their brain, you can see what a big load of bs this all is. 

• Like 1

The people in charge worldwide have gained considerable new powers over their citizens in the last few years.they are now drunk on power and will be loathed to give it up.they personally are not suffering financially, quite the opposite.this is not a thai or indonesian issue,it's a global one and something will have to change dramatically at some point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cathat said:

... something will have to change dramatically at some point

Agreed - the selfish and the ignorant will have to start to consider others.

Whether they do so voluntarily or they're forced to do so will be up to them.

• Like 2