News Forum - OPINION: Test and Go, up and gone, where to from here Thailand?

Thaiger

About the other crises with Russia and China, the Nato is ready and gave their fast response units the order to be ready but Europe and the Nato has big doubts about Australia and Aukus. It seems Australia made only noise but is far away to be ready!

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

About the other crises with Russia and China, the Nato is ready and gave their fast response units the order to be ready but Europe and the Nato has big doubts about Australia and Aukus. It seems Australia made only noise but is far away to be ready!

And where is the Australian Navy? Hiding in Australia?

The last two years have taught the governments of the world nothing. They still play with the lockdowns, making people's lives difficult. What is the reason for restricting tourist arrivals if the virus is everywhere? Why don't they impose restrictions when you travel between cities, but restrict when you travel abroad? The virus is the same everywhere. What had the idiotic lockdowns helped over the past two years?

I will not say yet again what I have been saying - as one member said - for 6 effin months.

The worldwide perspective Tim has provided is an excellent summation of the broader issues going on at the moment. The Covid pandemic and the associated economic problems worldwide, has directly caused massive changes in the geopolitical realities of many countries.  There is a lot going on right now.

Hopefully, this will be the third and last wave of the Covid pandemic.  Spanish Flu did the same 3 waves across the world, but took 3 years to do. It looks like Covid is only going to take 2 years - I hope.

Until there is a global slowdown in cases to an 'acceptable' number, Govts that have been pushing vaccinations and social distancing as the control measure, are not going to change their strategies. The pandemic is what it is, and it will be here for a while longer - and so will the Govt control measures to deal with it. The chances they throw their arms in the air and give up, is non-existent. I am hoping mid/late 2022 things will finally abate, but that of course depends upon no 4th wave of infections occurring globally.

The issue of 'have the vaccines worked' will be discussed in detail, once the situation clears up.  IMO they have worked (so far) in that there has been (so far) a huge drop in the number of ICUs and Deaths in those that have contracted Covid - based on the numbers being released by WHO (link below).  But will that remain the case going forward?  We will not know until March/April 2022 - hopefully that is when things will start to slow down (I hope).  Until then IMO it is not a wise idea to travel internationally for a short 2-3 week holiday (Thailand included) - not only because of the issues and changes possible in the country you travel to (like Thailand) - you could have problems getting home if the surge continues over the post XMas/New Year period and Govts impose more and more control measures. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 2