News Forum - Bangkok Covid-19 vaccination centre to close for 7 days during New Year holiday

Thaiger

One of Bangkok’s vaccination centres will be closed for a week during the New Year holiday from December 29 to January 4. Thais and foreign residents can still get vaccinated during those days at one of the six health clinics or 11 recognised hospitals, according to Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Health Department’s director. The Thai-Japanese Youth Centre will reopen on January 5. To book a vaccine appointment at one of the 17 locations, people will need to download the QueQ application, according to the provincial health department’s director, Panrudee Manomaipiboon. First, second, and booster shots will be available at these locations. […]

The story Bangkok Covid-19 vaccination centre to close for 7 days during New Year holiday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Considering to stop test&go and closing a vaccination center at the same time is something, that could come from the government of a Western country.

• Like 1

The logic is beyond me.

There is so much concern about Omicron in the Kingdom, that you will look at closing “test and go” adjusting the list of countries that can enter without full quarantine etc etc etc. which will once again impact those that have spent money on hotel bookings, insurance and flights.

Then a vaccination centre is closing for 7 days.

Omicron is for sure already in the Kingdom and it is a certainty that a wave of this variant will happen across the Country, It is also proven that three jabs offer the best protection against it. Surly vaccinations should be ramping up, not having a holiday. 

• Like 2

It's not just "one of Bangkok’s vaccination centres" but the main public one (under direct control of the municipal government). Closing it gives a dubious message, i.e. that during holidays there's no reason to rush closing the vaccination gap.

Yet at the same time, borders are being tightened somewhat ("somewhat" in the sense that benefits can be expected to be marginal). For what purpose? If I were to hazard a guess, it's not to make use of the delay to boost vaccinations, but rather to take care of short-term objectives like having a great year-ending with all the positive publicity surrounding that.

7 hours ago, BBY said:

The logic is beyond me.

There is so much concern about Omicron in the Kingdom, that you will look at closing “test and go” adjusting the list of countries that can enter without full quarantine etc etc etc. which will once again impact those that have spent money on hotel bookings, insurance and flights.

Then a vaccination centre is closing for 7 days.

Omicron is for sure already in the Kingdom and it is a certainty that a wave of this variant will happen across the Country, It is also proven that three jabs offer the best protection against it. Surly vaccinations should be ramping up, not having a holiday. 

To be fair, there are only so many mRNA vaccines available and only so many people that can have them given a three month gap after their second dose.

The vaccine acquisition programme and rollout was appalling - there's no other way of describing it.

Recently, though, things have changed dramatically but you still can't speed up things like mandatory periods between doses and vaccine availability.

After a walk-in for Pfizer and Moderna at the beginning of the month at my local hospital in Loei they had another one today, but there were comparatively few takers as there are few left eligible locally, even though they'll give 2nd or 3rd doses to those who've had 1st or 2nd elsewhere (we were there for weekly physio, not jabs).

At the same time I had a phonecall from the Provincial hospital in Loei to tell me that my 'vaccine passport' (the yellow book) was ready to be picked up when I was next there.

You really can't fault the distribution now, but there's only so much they can do to speed things up.

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

One of Bangkok’s vaccination centres will be closed for a week during the New Year holiday from December 29 to January 4. Thais and foreign residents can still get vaccinated during those days at one of the six health clinics or 11 recognised hospitals, according to Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Health Department’s director. The Thai-Japanese Youth Centre will reopen on January 5. To book a vaccine appointment at one of the 17 locations, people will need to download the QueQ application, according to the provincial health department’s director, Panrudee Manomaipiboon. First, second, and booster shots will be available at these locations. […]

The story Bangkok Covid-19 vaccination centre to close for 7 days during New Year holiday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7-11 do a better job than the vac centers. "Close but never Closed"