News Forum - Sex workers mail high heels to government, continue to call for financial support

Thaiger

Earlier this year, sex workers and others in Thailand’s nightlife industry lined high heels up in front of the parliament building in Bangkok. Each pair of heels had a note calling for the government to compensate redlight district workers who are out of work due to the pandemic. Six months later, with bars and nightclubs still ordered to remain closed, sex workers say they have not been financially supported like others in the nightlife industry as prostitution, while it’s widely and openly practised, is illegal under Thai law. To put pressure on the government, many of the workers, who call […]

The story Sex workers mail high heels to government, continue to call for financial support as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Now I think a condom full of goo or saliva or some sort of animal blood would have had more of a reply or action than pretty little high heels. Could have also had efficacy pictures of the clowns in them if that wouldn't get them in trouble that is.

You got to be kidding me!

Hookers don’t pay taxes for their services, most of them they make very good money. Tell me another job to make that kind of money and they pay zero taxes, zero responsibilities and, in the case of Thailand, as safe as other job.

Here in Thailand what they really need is to get a real job at 7/11 to get real and appreciate how easy life they have

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

sex workers say they have not been financially supported

So going online has not been financially viable for them? 

1 hour ago, Pattaya.Warrior said:

Tell me another job to make that kind of money and they pay zero taxes, zero responsibilities and, in the case of Thailand, as safe as other job.

In other news, the FDA today approved the first injectable treatment for HIV pre- exposure prevention… 

Sorry to interrupt, you were saying something about safety? 

sauce - https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-injectable-treatment-hiv-pre-exposure-prevention 

48 minutes ago, Fanta said:

In other news, the FDA today approved the first injectable treatment for HIV pre- exposure

It's a hoax by the state to control whore mongers... It has a microchip designed by Bill Gates. How many anti-vaccine sexpats are protesting 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If by law it's illegal, sorry for them, but there's nothing that the government must do for them. They can't demand financial support just because of this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Each pair of heels had a note calling for the government to compensate redlight district workers who are out of work due to the pandemic.

But how do you work out the compo' .? A spit roast must be worth more than a hand shandy , no ? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya.Warrior said:

You got to be kidding me!

Hookers don’t pay taxes for their services, most of them they make very good money. Tell me another job to make that kind of money and they pay zero taxes, zero responsibilities and, in the case of Thailand, as safe as other job.

Here in Thailand what they really need is to get a real job at 7/11 to get real and appreciate how easy life they have

Never let a crisis go to waste, has been the rally cry for one thing or another in many countries thanks to the ccp virus pandemic 

29 minutes ago, riclag said:

Never let a crisis go to waste, has been the rally cry for one thing or another in many countries thanks to the ccp virus pandemic 

I think that the majority of sex workers in Pattaya were living the party life of drinking,  drugs and indulgence.  Few probably saved, sent money home are invested in the future. It was an easy fun life that has crushed down. Now they want a hand out. Most have returned home and authorities would be happy if they stay there. Thais are very forgiving but now they need to change their ways. 

• Like 1

Hideous whores and the pathetic losers that sponsor them ,, good riddance to the lot of em

Maybe they will have to try an honest 12 hour work shift like the majority of hard working Thais 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Thai Ladies.... You have my full support ! I know what you have to go through now after already experiencing a difficult life servicing alcohol poisoned, stinking and rude barang. They don't deserve you. I wish you a better life for yourself and not only for the support of your family in Isarn or wherever they may live. Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, LoongFred said:

I think that the majority of sex workers in Pattaya were living the party life of drinking,  drugs and indulgence.  Few probably saved, sent money home are invested in the future. It was an easy fun life that has crushed down. Now they want a hand out. Most have returned home and authorities would be happy if they stay there. Thais are very forgiving but now they need to change their ways. 

Those who are living the HiSo life of drugs, booze, sex, gambling, party daily, Karma on them. Those who saved, good for them. The nightlife workers don't deserve any support. There are better struggling beings in Thailand that deserve financial assistance. 

Haven't seen sex workers wearing high heels for a few years, mostly sandals and flip-flops. I guess they sent all good shoes to the government, so MPs could wear it