News Forum - Is Thailand going back into quarantine? | GMT

Thaiger

GMT Ep.157 Test and go scheme that allows no quarantine for tourists to Thailand from a list of countries may be changed or even scrapped. We take a look at the impact this will have on the Thailand tourism industry. Maya bay to reopen with no swimming and possibly a fee. An earthquake in Laos cracks a 425 yers old buddha statue in Thailand. All of this coming up on todays good morning Thailand with Jay and Natty.

The story Is Thailand going back into quarantine? | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Would anyone be surprised if they did? I suspect that they will temporarily reintroduce quarantine for certain "high risk" countries after Friday's CCSA meeting

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Would anyone be surprised if they did? I suspect that they will temporarily reintroduce quarantine for certain "high risk" countries after Friday's CCSA meeting

Agree, temporary to appear to be fighting the good fight, but that's it. 

He is still dependant on tourism coming good to stoke the economy, the thousands of millionaires didn't come to take up his crappy visa offer and another serious lockdown will kill the Thai economy.

• Like 2

Maya bay to reopen with no swimming and possibly a fee 

OH, now I see the problem: they need to figure out the money flow. So that everyone gets some.

• Like 1

if by quarantine you mean restrict public gathering and all parties, count me it, cause what's going on already is pretty insane, but wait for the "countdown"...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, palooka said:

He is still dependant on tourism coming good to stoke the economy, the thousands of millionaires didn't come to take up his crappy visa offer and another serious lockdown will kill the Thai economy.

It's already a dad horse, drive around Phuket/Samui to just count for rent sign on businesses - the horse is dead and beaten.

• Like 1

Tourism from Europe will be curtailed as it is now clear most Country's are locking down with high numbers infected in most City's so its unlikely any will be arriving over the Christmas period or into the new year. Have the TAT recorded the 400,000 numbers they expected leading upto the festive period or will they fudge the numbers to make it look good.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cabra said:

Temporarily? Surely, you jest. 

Must not truly know how things work here and the authoritarian mindset. 

Once the old COE/quarantine programs are reengaged, this will be the working scheme for quite some time.

Have a flight to Bangkok arriving 2nd Jan, already have Thailand pass. As I’m staying for a few months a shorter, sandbox type quarantine wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me but Bangkok didn’t have this scheme and onward domestic travel isn’t allowed. If it 14 day quarantine I would cancel, but surely the majority of booked future arrivals to Thailand are through Bangkok. Hopefully this is something to take into consideration 

Arriving in phuket tomorrow on test and go, can anyone confirm does anything change for me? Do I have to quarantine or is it still just one night till my pcr result comes through?

5 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

It is all good, Thais will just spend double on top of projected tripling of their spending, according to TAT. Easy! 🤣

Why would the Tourist Authority of  Thailand offer comments on domestic spending? Even if it was domestic tourism it's a minor income.