News Forum - Customer says a fish was swimming in a sealed jug of drinking water

Thaiger

Thais are questioning the cleanliness of their drinking water after one person found a small fish swimming around their sealed jug of drinking water. The customer video of the little silver fish swimming in the jug before returning it to the shop. The customer posted the photo on Facebook, but did not mention where they purchased the water or what province. Some joked that if a fish can live, then the water is safe to drink. Some netizens said the customer was lucky the bottle was transparent as many times water is in a white jug, and if there were […]

The story Customer says a fish was swimming in a sealed jug of drinking water as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That seems very suspect.

In the left-hand photo, the bottle has the unbroken seal on the top.
In the right-hand photo, the water level looks to be very low in the bottle, so it must have been opened.

What do you call a fish with no eyes?
A fsh.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

That seems very suspect.

In the left-hand photo, the bottle has the unbroken seal on the top.
In the right-hand photo, the water level looks to be very low in the bottle, so it must have been opened.

What do you call a fish with no eyes?
A fsh.

I don't believe it for a minute.  Go to his facebook and there are the two photos on 18 December, but there's also a video of the fish swimming in the bottle with just a bit of water in the bottom but the seal's still intact.

So he picked up the bottle in the shop and didn't notice either the fish or that the bottle was nearly empty???

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

what nonsense. nobody here buys drinking water other than in factory-sealed plastic bottles.

They are factory sealed plastic bottles.

7 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

They are factory sealed plastic bottles.

now saw the picture. not a “jug” as in article.not a reputable factory brand either. but looks like some budget front room operation product ! never seen that before. not living out in the sticks I suppose.

not even the poorest thai should be buying drinking water,of all things, other than a decent known brand and certainly not in an opaque “ white” container as suggested as possible, in article.

suppose they could, to save a few coppers, but then boil it before drinking. holy cow……. !

Last week or so it was about mandatory group masturbation, now it's a fish in an equally fishy story (sourced from a self-identified Facebook content creator). Looking forward to next week when I'll be reading FB-backed stories about snakes that have heads where their tails should be or perhaps a hen that laid the same egg 3 days in a row.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

now saw the picture. not a “jug” as in article.not a reputable factory brand either. but looks like some budget front room operation product ! never seen that before. not living out in the sticks I suppose.

not even the poorest thai should be buying drinking water,of all things, other than a decent known brand and certainly not in an opaque “ white” container as suggested as possible, in article.

suppose they could, to save a few coppers, but then boil it before drinking. holy cow……. !

You are either living OS from Thailand or need to get out into the countryside of Thailand and see Thailand for what it is warts and all.  You are obviously very uninformed of the average Thais purchasing power with the pittance they make.  

I buy my water in a similar jug for 12 baht a bottle and use it for cooking, I also buy bottled water for drinking and all visitors to our house are given a bottle of drinking water when leaving and Thais are extremely grateful. Many in our village drink the JUG water also as that is all they can afford, have seen a few drink the bore water which is full of calcium and tastes terrible.

Oh and if you see a lot of Thais with bottled water they may have decanted it from the JUG.

• Like 1

Phuket- based. Maybe have that jug water in Super Cheap…..or family grocery shops…. even my thai lady would never shop there …..for quality & health reasons she says…..she will only buy Minere water in bulk ….for cooking & drinking….mains water for cleaning & washing ……15% thais around official poverty level 1900 baht month…. rooms in phuket town slums 1000 baht month….. so living on 30 baht day…….different world ……lady says we do have a factory here which produces & delivers this jug water ……regular govt. inspections she says……tastes terrible compared to Minere….she drank once when young.

Be honest I'm surprised it's alive with enough oxygen.. I bought some fish in kalasin they put in a bag and after 45 minutes drive home they had all but 1 died from no oxygen .. you can tell lack of oxygen in the water by the fish gulping air near the surface 

7 hours ago, atiger said:

Why can't Thailand provide clean tap water to drink and clean air to breathe like civilized developed countries? And will they ever?

Extremely unlikely. The whole water supply infrastructure would have to be replicated, they wouldn't have money to buy new submarines then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Be honest I'm surprised it's alive with enough oxygen.. I bought some fish in kalasin they put in a bag and after 45 minutes drive home they had all but 1 died from no oxygen .. you can tell lack of oxygen in the water by the fish gulping air near the surface 

The place we buy fish fills the bag with a burst of bottled oxygen, seems to keep the fish going for some hours.

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, palooka said:

The place we buy fish fills the bag with a burst of bottled oxygen, seems to keep the fish going for some hours.

Do you think they put oxygen in with the drinking water fish 🤣..

yes they did the same when I bought them but was surprised by the time we got home.. in an aircin car too so wasn't a temperature thing.. 

• Like 1