News Forum - Thai government to consider cancelling Test & Go entry scheme – Health Minister

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, js89 said:

I'm supposed to be flying on the 22nd, arriving on 23rd. I booked direct on Thai Airways for an insane price and I doubt they'll refund. 

I could be mistaken though I sincerely hope the Govt. will honour all existing approved Passes and therefore all booking arrangements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are all heading to Phuket tomorrow under the test and go scheme. The uncertainty isn't good.

I'll never understand the hysterical approach surrounding omicron, don't know a single person with any symptoms here and all the positive news from SA seems to get ignored now too. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chloe said:

When do we know more about the decision and the date to be put in place? I am freaking out right now...

So Am I, I am due to fly out on The 23rd for 60 days to Bangkok. I have rented out my home. I am triple vaccinated and have been taking lateral flow tests every day. I have quarantined myself in London for the last week. I don’t mind if I have to change my plans for a week or even 10 days that is reasonable but we need clear rules

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bazza1 said:

Surely the Thai government should consider the amount of people who already have their Thailand Pass and have already paid out for pcr test in their country and also large amounts for SHA 1 day pcr packages in Thailand let alone flights and accommodation. These people should be considered and still allowed to travel because they've done everything that Thailand has required them to do

The Thai government don't give a rat's arse about that.

• Like 7

The Thai government must hold their nerve all the current rules will catch 98% of any cases (nothing is 100% the pilot coming in was from Nigeria I thought that was on red list why was he traveling around so early) and there is still no proof this is any more dangerous than other variants

People flying in the next few days who have got their Thailand Pass have spent money on flights SHA Hotels insurance etc etc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chloe said:

When do we know more about the decision and the date to be put in place? I am freaking out right now...

Same here. Flying tomorrow and can't even get remotely excited 🙄 going to be checking here all day now 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Move your booking forward ad grab a Thai Pass asap?

The alternate may simply be a reversion to 10/14 days ASQ or Sandbox ... the latter would suit you I think.

Will Canada close the US border?

That's what I was thinking, Rob. 

More than likely, if they're considering changing or modifying the entry programs, it'll be a return to the original COE/14-day quarantine. They'll follow the lead of Asian currents......if this false panic of Omicron comes to fruition. I'm betting that little will come of it and some things will be modified here and there.

10 hours ago, Chloe said:

A day before Christmas, the next CCSA meeting with MPOH, TAT & PM

13 hours ago, ace035 said:

Panic mode from Mr. Anutin again, there it is, back to square 1

I'm not very happy. I have a trip booked arriving Jan 2nd.

But there are two ways this can be dealt with.  You can follow the Boris Johnson style where you do nothing and watch cases dwindle from 60k down to 2k, on the back of a vax roll out, and then back up to 90k when you scrap virtually all restrictions. 

Or you can do it the way many Asian countries have, with a slow easing of restrictions together with a vax roll out where yesterday, there were 70k cases listed for the whole of Asia. You are about 100X more likely to get infected in the UK, than in Asia.

I think the gains made by both Anutin and Asia, are far too valuable to be squandered because some of our holiday plans, including mine, might be ruined.

Back to square 1 will be if he makes the wrong decision, which only time will tell.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Nearly two months after Thailand opened its doors to international tourism, the country may tighten restrictions and cancel the quarantine exemption scheme, Test & Go. In an interview on Channel 9, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the Thai government will discuss whether to cancel the entry scheme due to the uptick in Omicron cases. So far, there have been 63 confirmed Omicron cases in Thailand. All of the cases have been imported from overseas, but health officials say a possible local transmission is still under review. Test & Go was launched on November 1, allowing vaccinated travellers from […]

The story Thai government to consider cancelling Test & Go entry scheme – Health Minister as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Same amount of positive cases and deaths as a month ago when it was stated that Omicron would not change reopening plans. What changed?

• Like 2

Sorry to say it yet again - but IMO dont travel to Thailand now for a short holiday.  2-3 months is worth it, but not for 2-3 weeks - not worth the risk IMO IMO IMO IMO.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Sorry to say it yet again - but IMO dont travel to Thailand now for a short holiday.  2-3 months is worth it, but not for 2-3 weeks - not worth the risk IMO IMO IMO IMO.

I agree. Nothing in the fundamentals has changed. There is still a global pandemic and travel is for the extremely motivated and those accepting of plans turning to dust overnight.

Over the last 18 months, people have been stranded all over the world. Rules change with no notice.

So does the pandemic. Nobody has a crystal ball, but I think the majority would think it's common sense omicron isn't the last challenge.

Thailand is a great place to spend a medium or long term stay now. Perhaps that's the new normal of travel for the next couple of years, but short term you need to accept risks. Like it or not, they are there.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

the latest peer review studies (largest ever) on the use of ivermectin proves that it is more effective that the jabs that have been known to cause heart attacks and blood clotting

How long will it be before this cheap and affordable treatment is available to the people - the time is now! as people are unnecessarily dying

The only thing stopping this being freely available is the now discredited pharmaceutical companies and their cronies