News Forum - Typhoon Rai rips through the Philippines – at least 89 people dead

Thaiger

Super Typhoon Rai has now been responsible for the deaths of at least 89 people in the Philippines as is ripped through the centre of the island archipelago nation. The typhoon, the strongest to hit the Philippines this year, almost immediately knocked out communications and power in the areas directly in the path of the west-moving storm, ripped off roofs, flush concrete power poles around like toothpicks and caused massive flooding. Typhoon Rai (aka Odette) smashed into the Philippines on Thursday evening as the world’s worst super typhoon this year (it’s the 15th storm to hit the country this year) […]

The story Typhoon Rai rips through the Philippines – at least 89 people dead as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

She certainly can be violent if she chooses.

I have had the displeasure of going through 4 cyclones over my life and the devastation they can cause is bad, but thankfully not so deadly as what the Philippines have experienced with the Typhoon nor the USA with the Tornados.

Sympathies to all who are suffering as a result.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

She certainly can be violent if she chooses.

I have had the displeasure of going through 4 cyclones over my life and the devastation they can cause is bad, but thankfully not so deadly as what the Philippines have experienced with the Typhoon nor the USA with the Tornados.

Sympathies to all who are suffering as a result.

Cheers Smithydog. For me its been 2 bush fires, my house flooded and one earthquake. If there is a positive its that people can put their differences away as we all suffer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Cheers Smithydog. For me its been 2 bush fires, my house flooded and one earthquake. If there is a positive its that people can put their differences away as we all suffer.

So right. I also went through 2 big floods and after every event the way people just help out is amazing. I have life long friends I have made during such events. Once cooked burgers on a grill all day for a week to feed all the people cleaning up. The amount of food donated was simply overwhelming and all you heard was "how can I help?"

It shows the good side of Humanity for a change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1