News Forum - Ryanair CEO says anyone who refuses vaccine is an “idiot”

Thaiger

39 minutes ago, HighSo said:

What a stupid analogy with the smoking 😂 I will not get even into it, I think deep inside you you know it’s hilarious.

Studies from several countries show now, that vaxxed people are at the same or even higher rate of getting CV and even more transmitting it, because they usually do not get tested.

Furthermore for most people CV is like a flu, so even the above mentioned fact should be irrelevant.

I don’t want to be around until you can proof your Hepatitis, Tuberculosis and Flu 2015-2021 jab. Where does this end? Why just COVID?

I would have no problems to be separated from vaxxed people, as I got sick three times already being close to vaccinated people. With unvaccinated people I do not have these symptoms.

But therefore unvaxxed people need to be allowed to manage supermarkets, banks, petrol stations and so on. So we can be truly a divided society. I don’t want to be around people like you as well. But sadly this is not possible, as owners of the above mentioned stores were all forced to get vaccinated and implement entry restrictions, even if they oppose all this madness.

So why the heck we are not allowed to open up a parallel society? Correct, because they want EVERYONE to get vaccinated.

I see obfuscation is the order of the day. As regards the "smoking analogy", I've mentioned it numerous times, and nobody to date has been able to show why the two are not comparable. And you won't either hence your refusal to even discuss it.

I can  see how you are getting cyber-kicking from me and trying to divert attention away from your own vacuity. Regarding Hepatitis, it's transmission is by exchange of bodily fluids, so being in close proximity to someone is not a risk. But your comment about those three illnesses is a very feeble attempt to put words into my mouth. I have said no such thing, and your efforts to characterise my comments as such shows the paucity of your own arguments. But your point becomes more vacuous because those illnesses are not at pandemic level. If they were, then it would make sense to take measures to fight this.

As for "most people", you anti-vaxxers are always eager to down play the harm to others, while exaggerating your own issues. So far, there have been 275 mill cases world wide. A third of these will suffer long covid, and 2% have died so far. In the UK, in the past 12 months, 80k have died of covid. That makes you 40 times more likely to die in a road accident, than from Covid. That figure would have been nearer to double that were it not for vaxxing.

Just out of interest, though I don't believe you, how can you be certain that your three infections were caused by vaxxed people. It seems just as plausible to me that you caught from your fellow travellers. And if they were caused by the vaxxed, can you say with any certainty that they were not infected by the unvaxxed?

And it is typically dishonest to claim that people are being forced into vaccination at least as far as the UK is concerned. Even healthcare workers are being given a choice: vax or you cannot work in healthcare. They have a choice, and if it's about wages, and that trumps principles, then those principles could not be that important to be begin with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

As for "most people", you anti-vaxxers are always eager to down play the harm to others, while exaggerating your own issues. So far, there have been 275 mill cases world wide. A third of these will suffer long covid, and 2% have died so far. In the UK, in the past 12 months, 80k have died of covid. That makes you 40 times more likely to die in a road accident, than from Covid. That figure would have been nearer to double that were it not for vaxxing.

90 percent of those 80K were over 70 and 90 percent had other co-mordibities already. Very very few people under 50 died of Covid. This is just scaremongering.

Where is this BS coming from about "long covid"? Labeling pretty much everything relating to Covid, months after, without any further study or plausible theories, is just total pseudo-science. That way you could justify pretty much anything.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

We dont care if you get a vaccine or not. Just put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences of your choice if you dont want one.

If your job requires you to be vaccinated and you dont want one then quit.

If your country requires you to be vaccinated and you dont want one then move.

If your local disco or concert hall requires you to be vaccinated and you dont want one then you cant go.

The vast majority of people who had access to a free covid vaccine took it. The majority should not have to accommodate you. Either conform to society or GTFO.

We have no more time or inclination to coddle your pet covid conspiracy theories.

I am beginning to reach that level of anger too.

There are times when it feel likes queueing to get into a football match, while listening to anti-vaxxers telling us that we should not to the game in solidarity with them because they can't get in.

I have sympathy with the "wait and see" brigade, but Billions of doses have been administered so far, and this vax, is probably the most observed vax in of all times. Adverse effects have been detected, and appropriate contra-indications have resolved many of these issues. As far as I know, there is no vax that has ever been linked to adverse side effects years later. My knowledge of adverse reactions to vaxxing, is that all known cases of such have become known in close proximity to the time of vaxxing.

So if it genuinely is a case of "wait and see", how long do those people need? Especially when there is no evidence of vaxxing having undiscovered side effects that materialise years later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

90 percent of those 80K were over 70 and 90 percent had other co-mordibities already. Very very few people under 50 died of Covid. This is just scaremongering.

Where is this BS coming from about "long covid"? Labeling pretty much everything relating to Covid, months after, without any further study or plausible theories, is just total pseudo-science. That way you could justify pretty much anything.

I'd suggest as far as Long Covid is concerned you look at the literature on it. Clearly as it is relatively new, there is no precise definition as to what length defines it, but there is no doubt of it's existence.

As for your stats on who died, presuming they are accurate, so what? Did they deserve to die because they were already old and sick? That sill leaves 8000 that were under that age group if your figures are correct. 

I don't know where you are coming from but I am talking about the efficacy of vaxxing. In the first big peak, from mid-Dec to mid Jan, there were 23k deaths for 1 mill cases. The last 23k deaths were from 6 mill infections. So without the Vax, probably 6 times as many people would have died. Suddenly the 8k under 70's are nearer to 48k. 

But as I said in the comment you are replying to, "anti-vaxxers are always eager to down play the harm to others, and that is exactly what your post has just proved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Thats basically you saying "Yeah you got me there and I cant think of a counter argument so I'm gonna dismiss it".

Yes because they all got vaccinated. The vast majority of cases now needing hospital care for covid in the west are unvaccinated morons who believe in conspiracy theories.

Because they got vaccinated. See above for details.

Its just covid vaccine primarily because we like to annoy you anti vaxxers. Its becoming a sport for us. May well be in the next Olympics. Which you can only attend if you are fully vaccinated BTW.

You know the vaccination status of the people around you? Are you asking them for evidence?

Being around vaccinated people is making you ill?

Then I think we have finally reached an agreement here. Why dont you just sit in your basement and never come out. Its for the best regarding your health after all.

Unvaxxed people do not need to be allowed anything. Its a personal choice. Deal with the consequences of that choice.

We dont care if you dont want to get vaccinated. You are simply overestimating your own importance to society. Dont get a vaccine. Live with the consequences. End of. 

Society will carry on without a hiccup due to your self imposed exile.

I thought you "aced" it with the first para, but it just kept getting better as you went on.

I see we are both getting "sad" and "angry" votes from @Ynwapsand @HighSo. I am sure like me, you will consider those as badges of honour under the circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

all that time and effort to explain there no proven conspiracy theories then to be summarily dismissed without evidence.

typical pseudo science / conspiracy theory fan boy tactic ….. which can legitimately be …..dismissed without evidence ! 

As the say, You couldn't make it up! Unless of course you are a CT (hahaha).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

We dont care if you get a vaccine or not. Just put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences of your choice if you dont want one.

If your local disco or concert hall requires you to be vaccinated and you dont want one then you cant go.

The vast majority of people who had access to a free covid vaccine took it. The majority should not have to accommodate you. Either conform to society or GTFO.

We have no more time or inclination to coddle your pet covid conspiracy theories.

Conspiracy theories? Really, that’s it, the ultimate argument not to be  argued. You know what, most people do not care about Covid anymore, you would not know old man in your cave cause you get to the end of your life. I am fully vaccinated, I had all the vaccines available from my generation when I was kid to the ones needed when I started to travel in “exotic “ countries and never I questioned any of them, data available out there. Now although double vaccinated for Covid but questioning what’s happening suddenly I am a antivax. Very fashionable but no meaning. I am not involved to your world described in your comment, but if you were not old and somehow stuck in this like it is ok to live the last years of your life in a cave, you would probably realise that it is what people do right now out there. Everyone!!!. Including right here in Thailand when with my Thai and farang brothers and sisters are enjoying life like you would not know. Enjoy your cave, sure you won’t die from Covid while I might (well Surely not I sm fully vaccinated!!??) but something else that you could have prevented but never thought about cause…cause of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I'd suggest as far as Long Covid is concerned you look at the literature on it. Clearly as it is relatively new, there is no precise definition as to what length defines it, but there is no doubt of it's existence.

As for your stats on who died, presuming they are accurate, so what? Did they deserve to die because they were already old and sick? That sill leaves 8000 that were under that age group if your figures are correct. 

I don't know where you are coming from but I am talking about the efficacy of vaxxing. In the first big peak, from mid-Dec to mid Jan, there were 23k deaths for 1 mill cases. The last 23k deaths were from 6 mill infections. So without the Vax, probably 6 times as many people would have died. Suddenly the 8k under 70's are nearer to 48k. 

But as I said in the comment you are replying to, "anti-vaxxers are always eager to down play the harm to others, and that is exactly what your post has just proved.

Why the antivaxxer, whatever that means, is used like the ultimate weapon? 

4 hours ago, PBS said:

I assume you live in Thailand, how do you express your disobedience to the injustice of Freedom of Speech restrictions? Bet you're just all talk...

I would’ve attended the demonstration in BKK two weeks ago, but we live 400km away and have a toddler and didn’t knew how to handle this.

Otherwise I talk about this topic almost everyday since two years with everyone I meet and made many people think deeper already. In total until today six Thai people thanked me for preventing them from getting the shots after they saw what it did. to other people.

But you are right, it’s more difficult in Thailand than in European countries, especially as a foreigner. But I see it as a challenge and not doing bad until now. I am happy and proud of myself and do not need validation of old grumpy people from an Internet Forum 🙃

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Manu said:

Why the antivaxxer, whatever that means, is used like the ultimate weapon? 

Apologies, but I don't understand the question.

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

My apologies. I forgot to respond to your mis-understanding of my comments about using a computer. My point, is that anti-vaxxers will always come up with some ludicrous idea why the alternative arrangements that can be put in place for them, cannot be complied with. 

So (eg) if they are banned from entering shops, we can arrange online shopping for them. Suddenly, cyber-space will be buzzing with reasons that they cannot use a computer and have been condemned to starve to death.

I don’t want to shop food online for several reasons:

1. Freedom of choice to use digital devices

2. Most likely it will come with digital payments, I just pay cash everywhere and I heavily oppose digital money

3. I buy just fresh food, like veggies, fruits, fish, meat, seafood and sometimes bread. I actually want to choose and see the product that I buy, otherwise I will just get outdated stuff

If you fascist people really want to divide the society, let’s go for it. But then just allow us unvaccinated to have our own shops. I would open supermarkets and banks just for unvaccinated and would ban any vaccinated people 🙃, but unfortunately I am not even allowed to do that due to government abuse.

Edited by HighSo

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

This is hate speech bullying a minority and actually asking to exclude this minority from society.

Why a minority-discriminating hate speech is allowed on this forum?!

Because the majority thinks it’s reasonable to discriminate and exclude a minority from society?

„Be like us or GTFO“ like WTF man, since when did this become an accepted opinion?!

Edited by HighSo

6 minutes ago, HighSo said:

In total until today six Thai people thanked me for preventing them from getting the shots after they saw what it did. to other people.

That is the problem. You are a menace to society. "Preventing"? If anything happens to those people I sincerely hope that they or their relatives know where you live. You are the sort of person that gives zealotry a very bad name.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

7 minutes ago, HighSo said:

I don’t want to shop food online for several reasons:

1. Freedom of choice to use digital devices

2. Most likely it will come with digital payments, I just pay cash everywhere and I heavily oppose digital money

3. I buy just fresh food, like veggies, fruits, fish, meat, seafood and sometimes bread. I actually want to choose and see the product that I buy, otherwise I will just get outdated stuff

If you fascist people really want to divide the society, let’s go for it. But then just allow us unvaccinated to have our own shops. I would open supermarkets and banks just for unvaccinated and would ban any vaccinated people 🙃, but unfortunately I am not even allowed to do that due to government abuse.

Don't you dare call me a fascist.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

47 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I thought you "aced" it with the first para, but it just kept getting better as you went on.

I see we are both getting "sad" and "angry" votes from @Ynwapsand @HighSo. I am sure like me, you will consider those as badges of honour under the circumstances.

When old people on an Internet Forum give congrats to each other because they destroy the future of young people due to their media-induced brainwash and paranoia 😂😂

Damn, the only reason why I still argue with grumps like you is because I know some undecided people will read this and will think about what I wrote and it may help them make the right decisions.

But you sirs, you officially won the sheeple-award of THE THAIGER 2021 🙃

He's so Politically Correct...

"Political Correctness" obtained through ideological subversion explained... 

" ... you cannot get rid of them, they are contaminated, they are programmed to think and react to certain stimuli, in a certain pattern. You cannot change their mind, even if you expose them to authentic information. Even if you prove that white is white and black is black you still cannot change the basic perception and the logical behavior. In other words, these people; the process of demoralization is completely irreversible. To get rid, society of these people you need another 20 or 15 years to educate a new generation of patriotically minded and common sense people who would be acting in favor and in the interests of the United States society." -- Yuri Bezmenov USSR KGB Defector to the United States

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HighSo said:

I would’ve attended the demonstration in BKK two weeks ago, but we live 400km away and have a toddler and didn’t knew how to handle this.

Otherwise I talk about this topic almost everyday since two years with everyone I meet and made many people think deeper already. In total until today six Thai people thanked me for preventing them from getting the shots after they saw what it did. to other people.

But you are right, it’s more difficult in Thailand than in European countries, especially as a foreigner. But I see it as a challenge and not doing bad until now. I am happy and proud of myself and do not need validation of old grumpy people from an Internet Forum 🙃

I don't suppose it's occurred to you that with 80% of the adult population vaccinated in so many jurisdictions, that anyone that is opening up business and has to decide to whether they want to get rich, will not be falling over themselves to cater for the 20% that are unvaxxed.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

That is the problem. You are a menace to society. "Preventing"? If anything happens to those people I sincerely hope that they or their relatives know where you live. You are the sort of person that gives zealotry a very bad name.

You are a menace to society. I am protecting them from people like you. We have 0 COVID deaths or serious illness in our place, but already 2 vaccine deaths and several serious side effects. So by your own logic the relatives of the two dead people should know where you live, because you were and are part of the propaganda that made them die.

We all live together in one place and they and their whole families are very thankful for my activism. At first many were sceptical and looked at me with angry and fearful eyes behind their masks, but now I have kind of a high reputation in this place and they smile at me without their masks :) Because we are a small place it made the round very fast that two healthy people died exactly after the vaccine, while no one had any issues with the disease before.

That is the main reason why the phu yai ban decided no booster shots here. Again, I gained a lot of respect in this place because I spoke up even if everyone was against me. Now they saw that I was right, while people like you would have a bad time here now. Ahh, how tides can change :)

8 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I don't suppose it's occurred to you that with 80% of the adult population vaccinated in so many jurisdictions, that anyone that is opening up business and has to decide to whether they want to get rich, will not be falling over themselves to cater for the 20% that are unvaxxed.

IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO CATER FOR THE UNVAXXED.

I know several business owners in different countries, from hotel owners to restaurant owners to small shop owners, that would love to open for the unvaxxed, because they care more about principles of humanity than about „getting rich“ you ugly soul. BUT THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO!

I would open businesses in Thailand and would not care about making money or not, just to give jobs to unvaccinated workers and cater unvaccinated people. I have enough money. But I am not allowed to. 

So stop lying and pretending it would be their own choices, it is not!! It is tyrannical government mandates against their own wish!!

And many people in these 80% vaxxed nations just got vaccinated because of these government mandates as well anyway, to get their stolen freedoms back, not because they were scared of CV.

Edited by HighSo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighSo said:

When old people on an Internet Forum give congrats to each other because they destroy the future of young people due to their media-induced brainwash and paranoia 😂😂

Damn, the only reason why I still argue with grumps like you is because I know some undecided people will read this and will think about what I wrote and it may help them make the right decisions.

But you sirs, you officially won the sheeple-award of THE THAIGER 2021 🙃

You are overstepping the mark with your gratuitous insults. 

Like @RookiescotI agree with him, that you could not undermine my argument about smoking restrictions, so you just lied about pretending you had an answer.

But at every additional point he made, he trashed your inane ramblings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Moderators Note

Hi everyone, just remember that under our Forum Guidelines different opinions are welcome as long as you avoid disparaging comments. Please make sure your posts meet the following:

Respect that each member is entitled to make personal decisions for themselves, and to have them respected, even if you think they are “driving the train to Loonyville”!

Be spirited in what we all know is an emotional and divided debate but also be civil and respectful to avoid the need for us to further intervene to edit or remove posts.

Please see the quote above that was posted by Smithydog 6 hours ago.

Many of the latest posts are off topic and show very little politeness to other members.