Jump to content

News Forum - Is Omicron less or more dangerous than earlier Covid variants?


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Manu said:

Hang on now...Attributed to high rates of vaccination? Not because the actual lethality of the variant? Why implying this?

The variant has been first discovered on Nov. 9 in South Africa

So in South Africa Nov. 9 - 116 new cases - 24 deaths

A month later Dec. 7 - 6 381 new cases - 1 death

Dec. 15 - 23 857 new cases - 11 deaths.

Fully vaccinated people in South Africa (Dec. 15) - 26,2%

Now how is that surely "attributed to high rate vaccination" and surely NOT "the actual lethality of the variant".

Now surely if this variant was very lethal, or even just more than the previois ones, it should be an hecatombe already in SA with this low rate of vaccination?

Of course, the usual suspectswill argue with me by saying that most of them were young and healthy...well never than before this should show that we shall leave these young people alone (and let them getting immune naturally - and please LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE!!!) and protect (and treat) and vaccinate the vulnerable ones that are in trouble when infected (and we all know who they are surely by now). 0 death will not happen and while the vaccines (and hopefully better and safer ones soon) will save some lives, some will die anyway vaccinated or not.

Is the world going to go back to rationality any time soon? I can see according to the comments on here and all the people I talk to generally that more and more people are realising that and simply had enough and want their freedom back.

You are so right, but the "sheeple" here prefer to be blind deaf and dumb. Best prove is the feedback you will get by daring to say a true observation. Read OBSERVATION and not opinion. I try to get as much information as possible from different channels and yesterday I listened to a comment on Omikron on Sky news. A dramatic increase in deaths was the topic. I thought for a split second we where talking about Hundreds of casualties. As it was the figure was seven. Up from 1 death the other week. I suppose that was for the whole of the UK with a population of around 70 Million. No need to work out the percentage. But just for good measure it is 0.00001 % of the UK population. Of course you can also say it was an increase of 600% which of course will sound much more dramatic. The reporting on Covid 19 has been deliberately hysterical and biased by both governments and main stream media. Everything that dares to question the narrative is deemed fake news and it's authors are defamed, isolated, censored and even criminalized.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Donald said:

You are so right, but the "sheeple" here prefer to be blind deaf and dumb. Best prove is the feedback you will get by daring to say a true observation. Read OBSERVATION and not opinion. I try to get as much information as possible from different channels and yesterday I listened to a comment on Omikron on Sky news. A dramatic increase in deaths was the topic. I thought for a split second we where talking about Hundreds of casualties. As it was the figure was seven. Up from 1 death the other week. I suppose that was for the whole of the UK with a population of around 70 Million. No need to work out the percentage. But just for good measure it is 0.00001 % of the UK population. Of course you can also say it was an increase of 600% which of course will sound much more dramatic. The reporting on Covid 19 has been deliberately hysterical and biased by both governments and main stream media. Everything that dares to question the narrative is deemed fake news and it's authors are defamed, isolated, censored and even criminalized.

Wouldn't that make the vaccine dangerous for healthy individuals in comparison? How many death are there from vaccine/ boosters? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

Wouldn't that make the vaccine dangerous for healthy individuals in comparison? How many death are there from vaccine/ boosters? 

Of course it is. But that is another topic which is of limits. No reporting on vaccine related deaths or injuries is allowed. Twitter and Facebook will remove anything that even slightly points to vaccine related side effects and deaths. And main stream media will only parrot the government narrative. No independent reporting is allowed and those that dare to question the narrative are vilified and their livelihoods destroyed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

What absolute, utter rubbish.

At least 40% of the population are categorised as 'vulnerable' by age or medical condition or both, and a number who aren't will also be hospitalised and die - far, far more than the very, very "few young ones for whom it went wrong with the jab".

If you don't want to be vaccinated for whatever reason, fine, I don't believe you should have to be, but your ignorance, obduracy and deliberate scare-mongering is contributing far more to prolonging and extending restrictions than anything anyone else is doing. ("your" as in you and those like you).

Complete rubbish. Very disappointing…

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A specialist said you could not compare omicron results in South Africa with Europe.
The average age in South Africa is 24 years, while in Europe it is close to 60.
Makes sense to me, young people will have less problems than older ones.
I guess we will have to wait more study.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Donald said:

You are so right, but the "sheeple" here prefer to be blind deaf and dumb. Best prove is the feedback you will get by daring to say a true observation. Read OBSERVATION and not opinion. I try to get as much information as possible from different channels and yesterday I listened to a comment on Omikron on Sky news. A dramatic increase in deaths was the topic. I thought for a split second we where talking about Hundreds of casualties. As it was the figure was seven. Up from 1 death the other week. I suppose that was for the whole of the UK with a population of around 70 Million. No need to work out the percentage. But just for good measure it is 0.00001 % of the UK population. Of course you can also say it was an increase of 600% which of course will sound much more dramatic. The reporting on Covid 19 has been deliberately hysterical and biased by both governments and main stream media. Everything that dares to question the narrative is deemed fake news and it's authors are defamed, isolated, censored and even criminalized.

Again it's not only about the deaths,the most important number is the number of hospital admissions.Keep in mind that nurses,doctors,porters,cleaners all get sick and can't work,along with fireman and garbage men.The whole health system is close to collapse there are now more than 6 million people on waiting lists.6 million and counting is a number you really need to get your head around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't need such a long article for that. Here, I'll help. 

Is Omicron less or more dangerous than earlier covid variants? 

Less. 

Is there so less news that the only news we've got is a very very very very mild flu? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

You don't need such a long article for that. Here, I'll help. 

Is Omicron less or more dangerous than earlier covid variants? 

Less. 

Is there so less news that the only news we've got is a very very very very mild flu? 

It makes no difference whether it is more or less deadly. As long as current testing regimen is in place, any sign of a + infectjon will give you a lot of problems, administratively speaking.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Manu said:

Complete rubbish. Very disappointing…

Maybe you'd care to elaborate on that, and explain why:

1. "At least 40% of the population are categorised as 'vulnerable' by age or medical condition or both", when that's very easily verifiable by looking at national stats for the obese, diabetic, or many other medical conditions including pregnancy?

... and why...

2. "... a number who aren't will also be hospitalised and die - far, far more than the very, very "few young ones for whom it went wrong with the jab"." when that's also very easily verifiable?

... or maybe not ... 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Is Omicron less or more dangerous than earlier covid variants? 

Less. 

The rest isn't worth replying to, but it all depends on what's meant by "dangerous".

If you mean the chances of you dying from it if you catch it - almost certainly less.

If you mean the chances of you catching it - almost certainly more.

If 100 people jump off a 5 metre wall and 1,000 people jump off a three metre wall you'll probably get a similar number of injuries, so which is more dangerous?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The rest isn't worth replying to, but it all depends on what's meant by "dangerous".

If you mean the chances of you dying from it if you catch it - almost certainly less.

If you mean the chances of you catching it - almost certainly more.

If 100 people jump off a 5 metre wall and 1,000 people jump off a three metre wall you'll probably get a similar number of injuries, so which is more dangerous?

Dangerous means that you can die from it. 

No matter if more people could get it, as long as it's less deadly, we shouldn't care about it anymore in the way they still do on tv. 

The last part makes no sense. Omicron is as if you jump off the doorstep. But unfortunately the news will say that you will certainly break your ankles jumping off the doorstep, followed by hitting your head on the ground, which causes your head to crack and your brains will be all over the floor. 

You mentioned that more people might get it, but also that it's less deadly. That's exactly how most viruses end up. So we don't need to be afraid. Never actually had to. So now it's time for people to get from under their beds, put their helmet and baseball bat away, and go on with daily life. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Alavan said:

A specialist said you could not compare omicron results in South Africa with Europe.
The average age in South Africa is 24 years, while in Europe it is close to 60.
Makes sense to me, young people will have less problems than older ones.
I guess we will have to wait more study.

Do you actually believe any government is gonna down play any variant of the China virus....I think not myself

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, Donald said:

Of course it is. But that is another topic which is of limits. No reporting on vaccine related deaths or injuries is allowed. Twitter and Facebook will remove anything that even slightly points to vaccine related side effects and deaths. And main stream media will only parrot the government narrative. No independent reporting is allowed and those that dare to question the narrative are vilified and their livelihoods destroyed.

 

Just need to watch the unvaccinated to know what's next for the unboosted 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2021 at 8:55 PM, Cabra said:

Early days I would say, but seemingly significantly more transmissible... making more people sick, particularly in the West (and more hospitalizations, particularly among the unvaccinated as reported by hospitals). Seems the jury is still out as to just how deadly Omicron will be. Still would rather be jabbed than not.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

A year into the biggest vaccination drive in human history hasn't stopped the mutation and spread of covid.  Just let it spread and get herd immunity.

What I find strange is that the people who are so pro big covid, are neo Malthusians who think the population should be cut down to size anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, socal said:

A year into the biggest vaccination drive in human history hasn't stopped the mutation and spread of covid.  Just let it spread and get herd immunity.

What I find strange is that the people who are so pro big covid, are neo Malthusians who think the population should be cut down to size anyway.

Nature will have a plan as to the particular selection of extermination.

Derives from various forms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, Stonker said:

The rest isn't worth replying to, but it all depends on what's meant by "dangerous".

If you mean the chances of you dying from it if you catch it - almost certainly less.

If you mean the chances of you catching it - almost certainly more.

If 100 people jump off a 5 metre wall and 1,000 people jump off a three metre wall you'll probably get a similar number of injuries, so which is more dangerous?

Just saw that. Lost for words… 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2021 at 11:14 AM, Manu said:

Hang on now...Attributed to high rates of vaccination? Not because the actual lethality of the variant? Why implying this?

The variant has been first discovered on Nov. 9 in South Africa

So in South Africa Nov. 9 - 116 new cases - 24 deaths

A month later Dec. 7 - 6 381 new cases - 1 death

Dec. 15 - 23 857 new cases - 11 deaths.

Fully vaccinated people in South Africa (Dec. 15) - 26,2%

Now how is that surely "attributed to high rate vaccination" and surely NOT "the actual lethality of the variant".

Now surely if this variant was very lethal, or even just more than the previois ones, it should be an hecatombe already in SA with this low rate of vaccination?

Of course, the usual suspectswill argue with me by saying that most of them were young and healthy...well never than before this should show that we shall leave these young people alone (and let them getting immune naturally - and please LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE!!!) and protect (and treat) and vaccinate the vulnerable ones that are in trouble when infected (and we all know who they are surely by now). 0 death will not happen and while the vaccines (and hopefully better and safer ones soon) will save some lives, some will die anyway vaccinated or not.

Is the world going to go back to rationality any time soon? I can see according to the comments on here and all the people I talk to generally that more and more people are realising that and simply had enough and want their freedom back.

The death in south africa were from the old variants not omicron. But the datas show clearly in south africa mostly no hospitalisation and no death with omicron even with their low vaccination rate.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, nobusinessofurs said:

Do you actually believe any government is gonna down play any variant of the China virus....I think not myself

Average age 60??? Where in Europe?? Such a country doesn't exist in Europe!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use