News Forum - British Airways cancels over 2,000 flights including Bangkok

Thaiger

In the face of the spread of Covid-19 as infections surge in the UK, British Airways have suspended all their flights travelling to Bangkok until October of next year. Rumours began circulating about the possible cancellation earlier this week with popular travel sites speculating about the major airline suspending the route. Many passengers told stories of receiving cancellation notices from British Airways and the rumours were confirmed by a spokesperson for the airline who talked about refunds. “We apologise to customers whose travel plans are disrupted. Where a customer’s flight is cancelled, we always contact them to offer options including […]

The story British Airways cancels over 2,000 flights including Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Most UK residents prefer to travel with airlines from other countries when travelling to thailand as they tend to offer better service and lower prices.

The service will not be missed by anybody.

• Like 7

>British Airways have suspended all their flights travelling to Bangkok until October of next year

Wow, just wow.  That sounds like hysteria more than science.  Wouldn't a scientific approach put a much shorter hold in place while the new variant was evaluated?  Banning flights for 10 months in the face of such limited knowledge sounds more like terror.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dingdong said:

to shut down flights because of the covid BS....what a weak fear driven company

Not fear. Profit. If they could make money doing it, they'd fly. (Note: what they did do is start selling connecting flights through the Gulf States. They'll make more money on the codeshare than they would flying their own planes.)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dingdong said:

to shut down flights because of the covid BS....what a weak fear driven company

How many lockdowns has it been for the UK now? 

They do appear to be a rabid paranoid lot. 

9 hours ago, Cabra said:

...and someones tell me that air travel and tourism is rebounding... 🙄

Definitely, but only in the fantasies of Pnut and TAT whole believe that if you say things often, truth or otherwise, it will be reality.

• Like 2

Well that shows they have no confidence in the SE Asia market as BKK was a bit of a gateway (avoiding the use of 'hub'). Perhaps their days are numbered and its a cost cutting exercise?

I have had a BA voucher since April 2020 which has been unredeemable due to no flights (to anywhere) by BA. I cancelled my flight a week before they did (!) so now they won't refund me, and now I have no chance for 10 more months to fly, not that I am in a hurry now, but its now 4 years since I went home.

Tried my credit card company but no luck due to the booking beyond a certain number of days before I claimed, more nonsense. I have complained again and asked for a refund again. Its just wrong to keep a customers money for so long when they cant fullfil their obligations.

10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Well that shows they have no confidence in the SE Asia market as BKK was a bit of a gateway (avoiding the use of 'hub'). Perhaps their days are numbered and its a cost cutting exercise?

I have had a BA voucher since April 2020 which has been unredeemable due to no flights (to anywhere) by BA. I cancelled my flight a week before they did (!) so now they won't refund me, and now I have no chance for 10 more months to fly, not that I am in a hurry now, but its now 4 years since I went home.

Tried my credit card company but no luck due to the booking beyond a certain number of days before I claimed, more nonsense. I have complained again and asked for a refund again. Its just wrong to keep a customers money for so long when they cant fullfil their obligations.

Think yourself lucky , I have a return flight with Air China through Beijing 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rain said:

The UK is not in lockdown. Perhaps you are confusing the UK with the Netherlands, they start a strict lockdown as of today (Sunday).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rain said:

Are you confusing Britain with British Airways? BA is Spanish owned, they just happen to have the word 'British' in their name.

9 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Until October next year is a long way. It must have huge impact financially to BA

It could have been worse for BA. They off loaded 8000 staff last year through voluntary redundancies, early retirement and 'redeployment'.

• Like 1