News Forum - Thailand sees tourism dropping due to Omicron worries

Thaiger

15 hours ago, js89 said:

Don't make the mistake of assuming you represent the majority view. A country where mask wearing is universal is a desirable feature for me. I'd rather go somewhere people wear masks than to a place where they don't. Most of my family and social circle are the same. 

A sneeze in public will never be the same  reaction anymore 

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

You must live in a very rural area and none of your people have anyone living in a large metropolitan area.

yeah its called Florida. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

European countries are closing their borders again...to each other. I've always found it fascinating that which country you come seems to be so important. In reality, it's whether or not you have Covid (in whatever strain) or not. A PCR test 72 hours prior to departure...another one on arrival. Maybe another one at day 5. That's a pretty strong shield of defence. Europe is in the middle of winter. Everyone staying inside and close together. The exact opposite of countries with summer now. Thailand may have to pivot to countries in Oceania and make it super easy to get in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HighSo said:

No one is scared of Omicron. Most people in my region forgot about COVID already, do not listen to the fear-mongering anymore and certainly will not accept any booster shots. They are finally realizing they were being played, while THE THAIGER still does what they are being paid for.

Like all of the people that came to Thailand are people with family or business connections or people that wanna stay long-term.

No real tourists come, they choose other places with less restrictions. Not just talking about entry restrictions, but who in his right mind want to make holiday in a place where masks are universal, when you can just go to Mexico or other free places? 

Thailand - The Land of the Free - a long time ago 

Hey bud, we graduated together at Trump University, remember. Good to see you keep you spirits up and IQ low. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Yes some people are waking up.  What happened to the pro vaccine turbo cheerleader BOB20?  He has disasppeared from posting.  

A 'bloke down the pub' told me BOB20 is currently on a Global Tour lecturing, starting with WHO on Covid-19.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Guevara said:

A 'bloke down the pub' told me BOB20 is currently on a Global Tour lecturing, starting with WHO on Covid-19.

Science. More like cut'n'paste science.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max-Howl said:

Hey bud, we graduated together at Trump University, remember. Good to see you keep you spirits up and IQ low. 

I don’t understand what Trump has to do with my comment? To me Trump is part of the elite and is playing the „devide et impera“ game, so take care who you accuse of anything.

It will take at least a year after the crisis is declared to be over to restore anysort of confidence in the global long haul leisure market.the outlook for international mass tourism for thailand remains grim at this point in time.anything else is wishful thinking.

• Like 1