News Forum - TAC explains what happens if a tourist or child gets Covid-19

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

The questions you say are discussed on forums, etc, answered here by the PTAC have all been given answered before.

I detailed them here, again, maybe a week ago.

There are no ifs, buts, maybes, etc.

There's room for varience because, for example and as I've explained a number of times, not all SHA+ hotels (particularly the cheaper / smaller ones) are also SQ / ASQ so not everyone can be quarantined at the hotel they book into if necessary.

If all hotels had to be both SQ and SHA registered then the costs would be higher and instead of complaints about clarity there'd be complaints about cost.

The problem isn't a lack of clarity or answers, it's an over abundance if wannabe experts who for reasons only they know are determined to muddy the waters.

So everyone should only listen to 'wanna be experts' like yourself then. Sorry mate but your rants against people who are asking difficult questions and who are telling people there are serious issues that are not being advertised - are patently wrong. Just because you know something - does not mean everyone else does.   Try this exercise - open the Thailand Pass website with a blank mind as if you are a newbie wanting to visit Thailand - read exactly what is stated. There is nothing about what happens if you test positive.

Sure, experienced people like us know better and would seek a wider input. But a few people are arriving for 6-10 day holidays with no idea they could be 'locked up' for 10-14 days - none whatsoever. It is only because of 'activists' like myself and others - both in this forum and elsewhere - that messages like "there are downsides" and "it is not really quarantine free" and "double check insurance coverage" are being said. We are not muddying the waters - we are exposing TAT's marketing to tourists as not the complete and whole story. 

If you want to come to Thailand - you should be fully informed and then make the decision. People are not being fully informed by TAT. And I will say it again - just because you and I know about the downsides and risks, does not mean that everyone else does too. They dont.  Go read some Facebook replies to regular travel bloggers who are publishing the details about being 'locked up' - many of them are shocked. Then go to Reddit and Tripadviser - you will see the same.  I did that.  It all started when I spoke to some locals here who were thinking of going on a holiday - they had no idea about what happens if they tested positive or sat next to someone that did.  That is why I became an activist about this matter.  Mate - there are many people who have no idea about the potential to be locked up and that the costs could be very high and that insurance may and may not cover it all in all situations. Those people see 'quarantine free' and think - yippee lets go mate/darling/kids. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Podgey said:

"local health officials would evaluate that situation should it arise and make a determination on a case by case basis" that i think is s joke. Do you trust a local health official? To determine IF you should stay in quarantine. You must be insane😁

There is nothing we can do about that. It’s not our country. We are guests and would do well to respect the law of the land.

• Like 1

If healthy and vaccinated the virus is nothing more than a common cold.

If healthy and unvaccinated the virus is nothing more than a common cold.

See the pattern?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Podgey said:

you shouldnt be rude just because  people got another opinion.

I hate to say "you started it" but maybe if you don't want others to be "rude" about you it's probably not a good idea to tell someone they "must be insane" to trust medical officials and doctors just because they're Thai 😂.

32 minutes ago, kmc said:

If healthy and vaccinated the virus is nothing more than a common cold.

If healthy and unvaccinated the virus is nothing more than a common cold.

See the pattern?

Yes - rather like a pattern of black and white, one is true and the other is the opposite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AussieBob said:

So everyone should only listen to 'wanna be experts' like yourself then. Sorry mate but your rants against people who are asking difficult questions and who are telling people there are serious issues that are not being advertised - are patently wrong. Just because you know something - does not mean everyone else does.   Try this exercise - open the Thailand Pass website with a blank mind as if you are a newbie wanting to visit Thailand - read exactly what is stated. There is nothing about what happens if you test positive.

Sure, experienced people like us know better and would seek a wider input. But a few people are arriving for 6-10 day holidays with no idea they could be 'locked up' for 10-14 days - none whatsoever. It is only because of 'activists' like myself and others - both in this forum and elsewhere - that messages like "there are downsides" and "it is not really quarantine free" and "double check insurance coverage" are being said. We are not muddying the waters - we are exposing TAT's marketing to tourists as not the complete and whole story. 

If you want to come to Thailand - you should be fully informed and then make the decision. People are not being fully informed by TAT. And I will say it again - just because you and I know about the downsides and risks, does not mean that everyone else does too. They dont.  Go read some Facebook replies to regular travel bloggers who are publishing the details about being 'locked up' - many of them are shocked. Then go to Reddit and Tripadviser - you will see the same.  I did that.  It all started when I spoke to some locals here who were thinking of going on a holiday - they had no idea about what happens if they tested positive or sat next to someone that did.  That is why I became an activist about this matter.  Mate - there are many people who have no idea about the potential to be locked up and that the costs could be very high and that insurance may and may not cover it all in all situations. Those people see 'quarantine free' and think - yippee lets go mate/darling/kids. 

It's not incumbent on any tourist organisation to explain every pro or con about going to the country they're promoting - none do, since it's not their job and Thailand's TAT isn't the exception on this, as you're painting it, but the norm.

If someone's stupid enough to go anywhere under the present circumstances without doing due diligence first and checking reliable and informed sources, such as government websites and announcements to the media, widely reported in the media, then I have little sympathy.

If they take advice from others who disingenuously and misleadingly talk about  "if you want to come to Thailand" when they're not actually in Thailand and they evidently have a massive chip on their shoulder about not having been able to live in Thailand as they were unable to adjust to it and they think Thailand should adjust to them, I have even less sympathy.

Good to have this clarified a bit. I don't have kids, but my concern is for my partner who is coming from Europe. No one wants to contract Covid. But like many others, it's good to know what will happen if we do.

I don't care about the procedure of hospitalisation or quarantaine when Covid 19 is detected. I do care however about the insurance requirements of $ 50.000 to enter Thailand. Being fully insured for all the medical costs abroad they want an additional local insurance to get the chance to rip off the insurance of $ 50.000 no matter what the real costs are for treatment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Good to have this clarified a bit. I don't have kids, but my concern is for my partner who is coming from Europe. No one wants to contract Covid. But like many others, it's good to know what will happen if we do.

Just be aware that it's NOT about what happens if you "contract Covid" here - only what happens if you arrive with Covid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bike said:

I don't care about the procedure of hospitalisation or quarantaine when Covid 19 is detected. I do care however about the insurance requirements of $ 50.000 to enter Thailand. Being fully insured for all the medical costs abroad they want an additional local insurance to get the chance to rip off the insurance of $ 50.000 no matter what the real costs are for treatment. 

Not correct in any way, on any level.

Great to see reporting on this! I would love to see some reporting on what happens to the people who test negative upon arrival, but still get thrown into quarantine for sitting next to someone on a plane or in the taxi who tested positive. I hear this is still happening. I’m curious about how many people are victims of this policy.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:42 AM, Podgey said:

And what is the real reason why People dont Travel to Thailand. They determine on site what they deem necesseary . Thats a joke. Good that THE thaiger adress this. Havnt seen Any info about this before.

What you just wrote is a joke, actually 

How are they stopped to give a 100% concrete answer to what will happen when every situation is different?

They have to access every situation presented to them 

They have no way to say beforehand 

On 12/19/2021 at 6:52 PM, Stonker said:

It's not incumbent on any tourist organisation to explain every pro or con about going to the country they're promoting - none do, since it's not their job and Thailand's TAT isn't the exception on this, as you're painting it, but the norm.

If someone's stupid enough to go anywhere under the present circumstances without doing due diligence first and checking reliable and informed sources, such as government websites and announcements to the media, widely reported in the media, then I have little sympathy.

If they take advice from others who disingenuously and misleadingly talk about  "if you want to come to Thailand" when they're not actually in Thailand and they evidently have a massive chip on their shoulder about not having been able to live in Thailand as they were unable to adjust to it and they think Thailand should adjust to them, I have even less sympathy.

Too many feelings and not enough logic to answer all that.

Omicron and the probable closure of the test/go program has made all this mute. 

On 12/19/2021 at 6:52 PM, Stonker said:

Such a nice statement - who are you referring to mate? 

11 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Such a nice statement - who are you referring to mate? 

A number here - you included, since you ask.

It's not necessarily a criticism, but it's certainly an observation.

This the only thing you are seeing Stonker - as observed by myself and many other posters here:

<image removed>

Offensive statements that you have made about me and others - deserve such a response. 

Mods will remove it-  but the point has been made. 

Tone the insults down mate - lets keep the debate civil.