News Forum - UK records highest daily Covid cases of nearly 90,000

Thaiger

For the second day in a row, the UK has recorded a total of 88,376 new Covid-19 cases and 146 deaths, with the highest rates in London and the East of England since early January, thanks to the fast-spreading Omicron variety. PM Boris Johnson’s administration claimed that it was not pushing people to abandon their Christmas plans, despite the fact that the Queen had previously announced that her festive family celebration for next week would be cancelled, with the hotel industry also cancelling a lot of parties and events. England’s chief medical officer, Professor Chris Whitty, had previously warned the […]

The story UK records highest daily Covid cases of nearly 90,000 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

34 minutes ago, Rain said:

How many not ill, recovered or asymptomatic? 🤫

That's the number that they won't promote nor hear of any mention. 

The continuing dumbing down.

True - never seen any graphs showing the overwhelming rates of recovery and rates of asymptomatic infections.

Not much said about who it mostly affects and which pre-existing health conditions make it more complex to treat.

As you say, dumbing down the news to steer the dialogue one way - their way.

Edited by Raskolnikov
grammar
  • Like 2

GB is mostly vaccinated..more than 70 percent...result 90000 new cases per day... 

143 death...

conclude vaccine does not work as much as boris promised....

and in  the winner is:

big pharma cause they make billions with the fear of people

• Like 4

How can anyone trust a word from Boris a proven liar?

Strange that as of yesterday, there was only one death attributed to Omicron worldwide, according to the WHO from being first known in October.

Interesting how this has only become a problem after the Christmas Party shambles. 

Interesting how the UK Chief Medical Officer predicts sharp increase peaking in approximately two weeks and then a quick decrease in the spike.

Interesting that Parliament is now recessed just at the beginning of the steep climb, they will be in recess as it peaks.

My guess is Boris will put the country into lockdown without recalling Parliament citing exponential increase of numbers.

I further guess that there will be few deaths with Omicron, and as a result Boris will be able to say he averted tragedy by his swift actions, just in Time for the spike to decline as MP's return after the Christmas break.

Why would he do this I hear you ask?

In my view this Omicron variant is being used by him to save his political skin.

The Scientific community of South Africa are saying its mild, with no reported deaths. They discovered it, they have worked and lived  with it longer than most. This is a Boris  scam to save his kneck!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, riclag said:

75% vaccinated . The curve flattened!  Massive Lockdowns and herd immunity didn’t work ! Whats next Mr and Mrs  scientific community 

4 more boosters....🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

75% vaccinated . The curve flattened!  Massive Lockdowns and herd immunity didn’t work ! Whats next Mr and Mrs  scientific community 

It's a new variant requiring a booster shot - along with some other members posting nonsense is a forte.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, dingdong said:

GB is mostly vaccinated..more than 70 percent...result 90000 new cases per day... 

143 death...

conclude vaccine does not work as much as boris promised....

and in  the winner is:

big pharma cause they make billions with the fear of people

Much of this down to Bojo's own incompetence. He couldn't run an Eff-up in a brothel full of blind nymphomaniacs. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

How can anyone trust a word from Boris a proven liar?

Strange that as of yesterday, there was only one death attributed to Omicron worldwide, according to the WHO from being first known in October.

Interesting how this has only become a problem after the Christmas Party shambles. 

Interesting how the UK Chief Medical Officer predicts sharp increase peaking in approximately two weeks and then a quick decrease in the spike.

Interesting that Parliament is now recessed just at the beginning of the steep climb, they will be in recess as it peaks.

My guess is Boris will put the country into lockdown without recalling Parliament citing exponential increase of numbers.

I further guess that there will be few deaths with Omicron, and as a result Boris will be able to say he averted tragedy by his swift actions, just in Time for the spike to decline as MP's return after the Christmas break.

Why would he do this I hear you ask?

In my view this Omicron variant is being used by him to save his political skin.

The Scientific community of South Africa are saying its mild, with no reported deaths. They discovered it, they have worked and lived  with it longer than most. This is a Boris  scam to save his kneck!

I doubt very much that he will add to the restrictions already in place without the consent of Parliament. He is already in trouble with a large slice of his own MP's who finally worked out what I've been saying since before the referendum: That the man is an incompetent lying clown. The last thing he will want to do is to lose the dwindling support of both business and those who think their youth makes them immune from the consequences of Covid.

The only thing Bojo is interested in, is remaining PM. That was all he was ever interested in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PBS said:

It's a new variant requiring a booster shot - along with some other members posting nonsense is a forte.

That saved me making a reply to that nonsense. 

Here's a thought for the anti-vaxxers. The last time the UK infection figures were in the 50K+ range, was just about the time vaxxing was gaining momentum. Between the period Dec15th to Jan15th there were nearly 1 mill infections and 23k deaths. We have since gone from 23k deaths in one month, to 23k deaths in in over 9 months during which time, the prevalent strain was Delta, which is the deadliest of the strains so far. In that period, we've had 7 mill new infections. 

So when people at talking about what didn't work, they might wonder why the mortality rate declined by about 90% following the vax roll out?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Here's a thought for the anti-vaxxers. The last time the UK infection figures were in the 50K+ range, was just about the time vaxxing was gaining momentum. Between the period Dec15th to Jan15th there were nearly 1 mill infections and 23k deaths. We have since gone from 23k deaths in one month, to 23k deaths in in over 9 months during which time, the prevalent strain was Delta, which is the deadliest of the strains so far. In that period, we've had 7 mill new infections. 

So when people at talking about what didn't work, they might wonder why the mortality rate declined by about 90% following the vax roll out?

But its big pharma, Bill Gates, experimental vaccines, 5G transmitters, whole things a hoax, causes sterility, destroys your immune system, makes you vote democrat, they want to take our guns, New World Order, Lizard People, we know secrets, you are all sheeple and of course a massive plot by "them" to control the world.

Have you not been paying attention? The real experts (OK hes a cowboy and the other two are part time professors with no medical training) know whats going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Anyone can make up statistics.  The number is more like 30%.

15 minutes ago, kmc said:

Anyone can make up statistics.  The number is more like 30%.

First of all, even if it was only 30%, that is better than nothing.

However, I do agree with you about anyone can make up statistics. You've just proved that. My figures can be verified through a bit of detective work on Worldometers.com. I think that to verify yours, you would need to stick a speculum into your rectum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

First of all, even if it was only 30%, that is better than nothing.

However, I do agree with you about anyone can make up statistics. You've just proved that. My figures can be verified through a bit of detective work on Worldometers.com. I think that to verify yours, you would need to stick a speculum into your rectum.

Last line was a killer. I'm still laughing.

• Like 1