News Forum - What makes Siam Paragon the top shopping destination

Thaiger

Sponsored Article Siam Paragon, one of Bangkok’s most prominent shopping centres, celebrates its 16th anniversary in December 2021. Despite the fact that Siam Paragon has been in operation for 16 years, it is still regarded as Bangkok’s best shopping centre. This is because it focuses on offering ‘extraordinary experiences’ that visitors can discover new experiences every day from world-class brands, special offers and year-round events. Siam Paragon also has so much to offer! Entering Siam Paragon is like entering a universe filled with everything you could ever desire. From brand labels to local handicrafts and goods, Siam Paragon offers a […]

The story What makes Siam Paragon the top shopping destination as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I never understood what is so interesting about Siam Paragon, certainly not after having been to Icon Siam. OK, I am not into malls and certainly I have no desire to go shopping for expensive things I do not need in a place where they are sold even more expensively than back home in Europe. So I am kind of biased. But if I do want to hang out in a beautiful place, have a snack or cup of Thai ice tea and enjoy fancy hi-so architecture and interior design, maybe a nice river view and the light and water show in the evening, I would always to go Icon. Paragon is just boring to me.

I understand and accept that some people like it, maybe because it is conveniently located at BTS Siam if you stay near there anyway, but Icon is easy enough to reach and for my personal taste one order of magnitude more interesting. (No, I am not affiliated with them in any way, do not get any money for my comment and have no Instagram or YouTube channel either.)

Oh, by the way: As for fancy interior design (especially on the top floor with the wooden tilings) and hi-so brands, how about Central Embassy? I never understood why all people are talking about Siam Paragon. To me it is just a mall like many others and does not really stand out in any way. But that is just me and my private opinion.

Edited by kriegaex

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, kriegaex said:

I never understood why all people are talking about Siam Paragon. To me it is just a mall like many others and does not really stand out in any way.

Probably because it's a 'sponsored' article, so it's just an advertisement they've paid for.

I'm constantly surprised at the shear volume of retail space (high end retail space at that) in Bangkok... I think there are literally 5 Prada stores in Bangkok alone. Rent and labor must be so cheap that the shops can remain open even when sales are down.