News Forum - Royal Thai Navy sinks three old battleships during “goodbye” ceremony

Thaiger

Royal Thai Navy sank three old battleships during a ceremony to say goodbye to the retired vessels. Phuket’s PR department says aiming it to be a marine ecosystem learning park, habitat for fish population and coral reef as well as a destination for divers visiting Phuket in the future. The suitable ways of disposing of old ships is still up for debate. While some agree that the ship will become a habitat for marine life, others say some materials are toxic and will harm the environment.

The story Royal Thai Navy sinks three old battleships during “goodbye” ceremony as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Presumably inline with yesterdays big announcement of GOING GREEN  😂😂😂 

You couldn’t make this stuff up 

Talk about the goon show 

I was with a guy yesterday married to a thai and he was telling me about in 5 years he was selling up everything in the uk to build a big house in Rayong and retire there 

All I said was ,, really 😂😂

22 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Huum, is it me or have Battleships got smaller over the years.  🤔

I think Patrol boat might have been more apt a description 

Whatever else it is, it's not a 'battleship'!

image.png

• Haha 2

It usually takes 10 years for marine life to thrive on a wreck. About 5 years for the fauna to establish itself.

As this is a PT boat it may be quicker.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Whatever else it is, it's not a 'battleship'!

What ever …. The Thaiger is now putting out click bait and false headings ….

‘From the Facebook page … google Translate … (no mention of the word Battleship) …

3 warships laying ceremony to be a learning center according to the Thai Undersea Learning Park Project  Krabi
 On December 15, 2021, Vice Admiral Sompong Nakthong, Commander-in-Chief of the 3rd Naval Area, assigned Rear Admiral Panlop Kemnnan, Deputy Commander of the 3rd Naval Area Command, to attend the laying ceremony of three warships, including HTMS Prab.  Opponent Boat Tor 15 and Boat Tor 16, which are retired ships of the Royal Thai Navy.  To be a learning center according to the Undersea Learning Park Project  with Mr. Chaiyot Jiramethakorn, Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister for Political Affairs  presided over the ceremony  and with Mr. Somchai  Harnpak Patima Deputy  Krabi Governor  Captain Chirachat Saengwut, Commander-in-Chief of HTMS Kraburi and Mr. Chuan Phukaoluen, President of the Krabi Provincial Education Council.  with government officials  Government agencies, the private sector and local media attended the ceremony at Koh Ma.  Krabi  In this regard, the 3rd Naval Region has organized the HTMS Kraburi.  It is a boat for ceremonies and maritime security units, the Navy, Koh Lanta Noi.  (Security Police. Koh Lanta Noi) Security at sea.
 Today's ceremonies consist of an offering ceremony, an opening remarks and a history reading of serving the nation and protecting the nation's interests by sea.  For a long time, of the three ships, the homage with the great guard and the sound of the trumpet.  After that, the president was invited to attend the ceremony.  and important people attending the ceremony to lay fresh flower wreaths  and scattered flower petals to pay tribute to HMS warships
 Objectives of the Krabi Underwater Learning Park Project  is the creation of the Marine Corps Marine Corps Park  to be a learning center for the importance of marine ecosystems  with coral causing a food chain or food chain at the same time  It is also the creation of a fish house to be a habitat for many species of fish and young aquatic animals.  At the same time, it is also creating a dive site.  Add charm to the marine tourism of Krabi as well.

• Cool 1

Great News ! Now let's hope that the World catches up and sinks all of the larger one's aswell. That would be great for peace and helps bring down the Military/Navy budget. Yes, give Peace a Chance !

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes....I think the general consensus of opinion is that the vessel pictured is a patrol boat. It sure as hell isn't the Bismarck!!!,

But now the “Battleship” has been sunk, will the Thaiger call it Thailands new Submarine?

• 3 months later...

Not exactly a battleship, is it?

The King Cruiser was a good wreck dive when it first went down, sometime in the late nineties. Strange how the skipper, miles off course (quite difficult to achieve on the Phuket - Phi Phi route), managed to find a  submerged lump of rock to sail it into, the day before the insurance expired.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jason said:

Yes....I think the general consensus of opinion is that the vessel pictured is a patrol boat. It sure as hell isn't the Bismarck!!!,

I guess its as much of a Battleship to the Thais as their aircraft carrier with no aircraft. 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, Thaiger said:

Royal Thai Navy sank three old battleships during a ceremony to say goodbye to the retired vessels

I would have thought they would wait until they got submarines and they could target practice the old battleships with torpedoes.