News Forum - German authorities uncover plot by “anti-vaxxers” to murder state politician

Thaiger

22 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

You clearly know nothing about addiction. The fact you don't believe in it does not mean it doesn't exist. 

I suppose that an addiction is keeping on doing something and being unable to stop.....................like keep posting off topic when been asked to stop , could be classed as an addiction 

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

34 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I suppose that an addiction is keeping on doing something and being unable to stop.....................like keep posting off topic when been asked to stop , could be classed as an addiction 

You mean like what you've just done? 

Not your finest contribution to the debate IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

You mean like what you've just done? 

Not your finest contribution to the debate IMO.

No, I have kept on topic and stopped talking about smoking 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, I have kept on topic and stopped talking about smoking 

So you stopped talking about smoking, but carried on talking about addiction. Please remind me where that was mentioned in the original topic?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

So you stopped talking about smoking, but carried on talking about addiction. Please remind me where that was mentioned in the original topic?

I was just giving you a reminder that we have been asked to keep on topic , as you seemed to have been ignoring that request and I made the suggestion it could be because of another addiction that you cannot keep on topic 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

complete disinformation. of course vaccines STOP covid infection ! thats the freakin’ main purpose…. holy mog ….is there no end to this dangerous ignorance…. at least check “ Vaccines” on Wiki for basic learning before posting nonsense…. and stop “ liking” disinformation !

Sorry, but 'no', none of the Covid vaccines "STOP Covid infection".

They really don't.

I'm not siding with anyone here, but however well intentioned you may be you really are completely wrong at the most basic level on this, and that doesn't help your argument much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

I was just giving you a reminder that we have been asked to keep on topic , as you seemed to have been ignoring that request and I made the suggestion it could be because of another addiction that you cannot keep on topic 

Well there is indeed a dilemma. YOU start the problem by going off topic. In spite of the warnings, other continue with the problem YOU created, myself included. The problem seems to be dealt with. Then @bokehbrings it up again and again I respond because I don't like  ignorance. So what do YOU do? You indulge in some petty childish point scoring, not against the person who has relit the flame, because he agrees with YOU, but against me because I disagree with YOU. And you do that by pretending that your post is about my being off topic.

Very immature. Are YOU finished?

23 minutes ago, Stonker said:

They really don't.

I'm not siding with anyone here, but however well intentioned you may be you really are completely wrong at the most basic level on this, and that doesn't help your argument much.

Some people really believe that if you get a Covid vaccination , then its like a magic shield and you wont contract or spread the virus and that the world will vet back to normal as soon as everyone's vaccinated  . 

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Ah right, so they are a far right group because they live in Saxony and Saxony has some far right people living there , so, put two and two together and hey presto, they are a far right group .

Everyone who lives in Saxony is a far right neo Nazi, glad that's been cleared up 

No all, just those antivaxxers plotting to kill politicians... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. 

4 minutes ago, Cabra said:

No all, just those antivaxxers plotting to kill politicians... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. 

Anti vaxxers come from across the Political spectrum , rather like Brexit really , support comes from both sides and not just one side and cannot be divided between the left and right .

They are an anti vaxxer group, they arent a right wing group

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

understand ….please…. that the word STOP is not an absolute 100% term. If AZ “ stops” 95% covid infection, it still stops infection…. if Sinovac stops 1% covid, it still stops it !! this is age ten level stuff…. I’m done here.

Sorry (again) but you're really not doing your argument any favours at all.

The word "STOP" is an "absolute 100% term."

It's binary, like being pregnant - either you are or you're not and there's no middle ground, no 1% or 95%.

... and no Covid vaccine " "stops" 95% Covid infection" - at best, and the experts don't agree at all, no vaccines reduce infection by more than 40%.

What they do is reduce the symptoms, hospitalisation and deaths - some by as much as 98%, some by a great deal less.

This really is "age ten level stuff" for both English and for vaccines, and you're wrong on all counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Anti vaxxers come from across the Political spectrum , rather like Brexit really , support comes from both sides and not just one side and cannot be divided between the left and right .

Very true - no political group has a monopoly on ignorance.

40 minutes ago, Fluke said:

They are an anti vaxxer group, they arent a right wing group

Well, according to many reports those in this particular group and those arrested are both a known extreme "right wing group" and "anti-vaxxers".

30 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry (again) but you're really not doing your argument any favours at all.

The word "STOP" is an "absolute 100% term."

It's binary, like being pregnant - either you are or you're not and there's no middle ground, no 1% or 95%.

... and no Covid vaccine " "stops" 95% Covid infection" - at best, and the experts don't agree at all, no vaccines reduce infection by more than 40%.

What they do is reduce the symptoms, hospitalisation and deaths - some by as much as 98%, some by a great deal less.

This really is "age ten level stuff" for both English and for vaccines, and you're wrong on all counts.

suppose but dont care that you are confusing individual with group. not a native english speaker perhaps?

there is no “case” only fact & truth.

of course an individual is either infected or not but this discussion is on covid pandemic so about groups.

unless then by your daft logic, when a person is stopped by police they are not stopped because all ten million motorists on the road are not also stopped. or not stopped at border crossing because everybody crossing that day was not also stopped. yes you are right after all ! goodbye…..

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

They really don't.

there is no “argument” just fact & truth. vax will stop infection in most people just not all. that is still stopping. of course basic english language skills required…..

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

Rant much 😂 try to stay calm it seems the Germany authorities are addressing the murderous plot by anti vaxers to kill politicians. Thats a good thing. 

consider only the action ( murder plot = crime)….any “political” excuse secondary / irrelevant …… one lunatic does not equal a political plot ….. although the lunatic wannabe killer will want to justify it that way….. dont engage.

3 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Viral load needs to be taken into consideration.

dont part quote me ….. individual infected or not…..viral load irrelevant here……vaxxed group may be partially infected 1/10 say…..so 9/10 were STOPPED by vax from infection…..

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

Check wiki 🤣 another "I'm smart because I know how to google" ... You are 🤡 and overreacting. I'm not anti vax. Growup and go whine someplace else.

challenging disinformation, schoolboy politics, idiocy and unreason not always popular here.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

They really don't.

not understanding STOP means nobody can assist…..

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

Fully vaccinated people can still contract and spread the Covid virus . A Vaccination just lessens the possibility of catching Covid and it doesn't entirely prevent an infection 

yes, vax does “ prevent “ infection… thats its job ! in a % of people not all…..its not an immortality drug… 

31 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

suppose but dont care that you are confusing individual with group. not a native english speaker perhaps?

there is no “case” only fact & truth.

of course an individual is either infected or not but this discussion is on covid pandemic so about groups.

unless then by your daft logic, when a person is stopped by police they are not stopped because all ten million motorists on the road are not also stopped. or not stopped at border crossing because everybody crossing that day was not also stopped. yes you are right after all ! goodbye…..

'Yes', a native speaker and reasonably well educated in it by most standards.

You're simply talking absolute, uninformed rubbish on all counts, linguistic and medical - it's as simple as that.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

yes, vax does “ prevent “ infection… thats its job ! in a % of people not all…..its not an immortality drug… 

No, that's not "its job" which was never to "prevent infection" but has always been to give protection - a minimum of 51% was required by the WHO for approval.

They're not synonymous in any way.

If that's beyond you, as it appears to be, ask anyone who has a basic grasp of English and who's sober - you appear increasingly to be neither.

• Haha 1