News Forum - Thailand launches new tourism portal to make visiting the Land of Smiles easier

Thaiger

On 12/16/2021 at 9:01 PM, Faz said:

What do they do in Australia Bob if you test positive, allow you to roam and mix with the general population.

Have you seen Australia's quarantine and test requirements.

For air travel they must be fully vaccinated. Provinces have their own requirements.

Is Australia xenophobic then Bob.
https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/preparing-to-travel-to-australia-from-overseas
https://www.australia.gov.au/states
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel-restrictions/international-travel-rules

Faz - the problems in the ever-changing tourism rules of Thailand are obvious.  People like myself write posts on forums to provide the information to people so that they can make an informed decision as to whether they should travel to Thailand or not - because most of the media do not or cannot.

Australia is not marketing itself as open to tourism and quarantine free - there is no marketing campaigns there is no new portals and other rubbish. The rules are clear and obvious and they are fairly and consistently applied to all arrivals.  Aust did not have the PM waiting for the first plane of people arriving.  The Aust economy has not crashed and people are not starving because of no tourism.  Australia is not falsely telling people that they can come on holiday quarantine free. 

Latest update in Thailand?  It has been announced that close contacts (family friends) of anyone testing positive must stay in a quarantine hotel for 14 days. People sitting near a person testing positive must stay in a quarantine hotel for 10 days.  If Omicron increases cases (like in USA UK etc) then Thailand will very likely introduce even harsher rules. As I have said - IMO dont travel to Thailand now for a short holiday.

If people are so unhappy why do they want to visit anyway? So people make it work but others drown in their negativity. 

I'm sorry for those who live live with a half empty glass rather than count their blessings. 

Some posters have for months stated that when they return ***, but are still stuck at go and don't proceed. Others, I know have travelled back and forth (with some hassle) but made it work. If you want to come, get with it, if not stop your excuses.

• Like 4