News Forum - Decomposing headless body found along the beach in Songkhla

Thaiger

A man out for a morning stroll this morning along the beach in the Muang district of Songkhla happened upon a grizzly discovery: a decomposing dead body on the beach, minus its head. The 72 year old man who discovered the headless body, which had decomposed to the point of being mostly bones, promptly notified the police of the morbid find. The man said he came across the corpse near the shore on the beach at Moo 3 village in tambon Khao Rup Chang and reported it to the police in Muang. An investigator at the police station dispatched police […]

The story Decomposing headless body found along the beach in Songkhla as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Obvious suicide and definitely not the corpse of a migrant worker on a fishing boat. 

Case closed.

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Obvious suicide and definitely not the corpse of a migrant worker on a fishing boat. 

Case closed.

Ummm...I wasn't sure...but was the body headless?  I usually need from 10 to 12 references to "headless" before I get it

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The man said he came across the corpse near the shore on the beach at Moo 3 village in tambon Khao Rup Chang and reported it to the police in Muang.

That area of coastline is pretty far from any built up areas and there are few to zero recreational beach visitors. None at all when I was there in 2019. It’s just a long stretch of undeveloped coast strewn with debris and not much going on. I could imagine that a body could go undiscovered for a while there.