PayPal Thailand 'relaunching'

Bluesofa

I see PayPal Thailand are ‘relaunching’ their service. There appear to be numerous steps that need to be taken to continue using PayPal.

Verifying your account, as well as personal accounts being unable to hold a balance, but needing to be linked to a (Thai) bank account in order to make payments.

I have a web-hosting account in the US and have paid them by PayPal for more than ten years.
It’s not big money, but by transferring money to my PayPal account annually it was straightforward to pay the web-hosting company monthly. This will cease to be viable from the way I read it.

Also only registered business accounts will be able to withdraw money from PayPal to a Thai bank account.

I get the impression from elsewhere the Thai government are clamping down on payments in and out of the country, causing this to happen.

Does anyone have any more detailed information regarding this?

You can thread the details here (no need to login to PayPal):
https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/mpp/thailand-relaunch-faq?locale.x=en_TH

You will need a business account, which means you would need to register a business to get the necessary documentation. Does your web hosting service accept Payoneer?

12 minutes ago, cmsally said:

You will need a business account, which means you would need to register a business to get the necessary documentation. Does your web hosting service accept Payoneer?

I've never heard of them before, but I checked and they don't accept Payoneer.
Thanks anyway.