News Forum - Cabinet approves 82.5 billion baht project plan to clean up Bangkok’s polluted canal

Thaiger

Bangkok’s Khlong Saen Saep is in for a major cleanup. Garbage litters the waterway and wastewater flows into the canal, which is a major water transit with an express boat service running through the capital. To tackle the problem, the Thai Cabinet approved an 82.5 billion baht, 11-year rehabilitation project. The waste from the canal, which connects with the Chao Phraya River and runs to Prachinburi and Chachoengsao, has contaminated the Bang Pakong River in Chachoengsao. Sub-projects under the plan are set to manage treat wastewater before it is emptied into the river. The cabinet also assigned eight government agencies, including […]

The story Cabinet approves 82.5 billion baht project plan to clean up Bangkok’s polluted canal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You can clean all you want it will not help if you not change the attitude of the most selfish and short sighted people in the world i get rit of my garbage today i not care about who clean tomorrow     

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

You can clean all you want it will not help if you not change the attitude of the most selfish and short sighted people in the world i get rit of my garbage today i not care about who clean tomorrow     

Maybe they've thought of that and its an ongoing project?

1 hour ago, Prosaap said:

pro sap, you have made the definitive statement of truth on this issue. I have seen what has happened....it cannot continue! Anymore than the practices if the last century can continue!

82.5 billion baht and some years later. "we need another 100 billion baht to finish it" (most of the previous money went into kick backs etc).

Sad really as if they did it properly it could be another tourist attraction (trap). Tourists love boat rides with a difference and Klong long boats are definitely different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

82.5 billion baht and some years later. "we need another 100 billion baht to finish it"

Sorry but the 100 billion baht has gone to Chiang Mai for them to clean up their air pollution!

• Like 1

As a daily visitor to the Saen Saep area, although very rarely on a ferry, I hope the first investment is sending up a group of engineers to Seoul, to find out how they did, cleaning up the waterways around the Korean capital. Which might also help Bkk with its traffic pollution 

Edited by Ted

10 minutes ago, Ted said:

As a daily visitor to the Saen Saep area, although very rarely on a ferry, I hope the first investment is sending up a group of engineers to Seoul, to find out how they did, cleaning up the waterways around the Korean capital. Which might also help Bkk with its traffic pollution 

Thailand, taking advice from a foreign country that is not China? Hardly likely. Actually, any 'advice' from China is of course a thinly veiled instruction. 

• Like 1

There simple, much cheaper way to clean up the canal, outlaw street food. The vendors are pouring their food waste, grease, cleaners into storm drain system. That why the water is black and smells; bacteria! And all pours into the bay and spread into ocean.