News Forum - How to bring your pet into Thailand

Thaiger

Those who travel to Thailand with pets, may have a few questions about the legalities surrounding the importation of your 4-legged friends. But, all worries aside, as long as you follow the rules and regulations set forth by the Thai consulate in your home country, it should be a fairly smooth process. Here, we have the current rules and procedures to follow when importing your furry loved ones. This guide is based on USA importation procedures, but we have included the main procedures needed for those coming from any country worldwide. Keep in mind, however, that you should also do […]

The story How to bring your pet into Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Those who travel to Thailand with pets, may have a few questions about the legalities surrounding the importation of your 4-legged friends.

Thailand Pass? Or do pets have less hoops to jump through than tourists?

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

practice of treating dumb animals like humans makes as much sense as flying corpses back home.

Do you need a hug? I think you need a hug. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

practice of treating dumb animals like humans makes as much sense as flying corpses back home.

Lovely bloke, just 'kin lovely...

Et fac me infirmum

*Apologies Khun Mods, for not posting in Engrish.*

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Et fac me infirmum

Never mind Faraday, all of us understand Latin 😅

”you make me sick”

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

”you make me sick”

Remember this?

"Latin is a language, as dead as dead can be,

it killed all the Romans, & now it's killing me"

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BigHewer said:
10 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Et fac me infirmum

”you make me sick”

Initially I thought fac was spoken with a cockney accent and was expecting the following word to be 'off'.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Who's this AL bloke..?

Ok, back on topic..

Looks like a lengthy process:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-information/bringing-pets-into-thailand/

I did a very long time ago

But it wasn't that bad

Well the process. Cathay Pacific allowed me to get scammed at customs in Don Mueang and my dog held hostage for hours 

But my wife used a customs broker when we sent him from Thailand to Canada and it was a piece of cake and not much more expensive than when I did it myself to send him to Thailand 

Good article. The coordination with the vets and flight here is a lot. It’s not easy but doable.  I did it with 2 dogs.  And yes, it’s stringent for a reason.  Not sure why some think it’s like transporting clothes.  But, I wouldn’t transport pets here again.  The culture here doesn’t understand a leash, or spaying/neutering.  And the vets here are far less knowledgeable than back home.  Live and learn.  

• Like 1

The process is pretty much as described. 

The only hiccups we had had were with the US govt vet agency in Atlants mainly due to change in forms. It took 3 trips before they would accept the information from our local vet. First 2 hour trip, out of date form, second 10 day expiration date on correct form, third to complete process.

All paperwork was emailed to Thai authorities who issued import certificate without any problems.

Check in with Korean Air was easy and quick and the cats flew 24 hours without any problems or sedatives.

Best of all both the cats and an official were waiting for us outside of immigration in Chiang Mai at 11pm who quickly cleared the cats and sent us on our way.

The whole process is simple and the Thai end was very quick and efficient.

It's fairly straightforward. I did it last March with my 2-year old Pomeranian. I needed to arrange for a 2-week pet stay at Pet Hotel Bangkok that coincided with my ASQ since I didn't have any family or friends here to take her from the airport. The picked her up and kept her for 14 days, sending me videos twice daily. They gave her soothing massages and truly did a wonderful job.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, oldschooler said:

I understand that this is the way you feel but I don't agree with you.  How do you determine that animals are dumb?  Perhaps you are not able to intellectually deal with them.

Edited by kjun12
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The easiest way is to register your dog as an emotional support. I understand you very well, I adore my little girl myself and never get along without her. In such cases it is better to ask for help online service https://myserviceanimal.org/products/therapy-animal-id-card-online-registration/ Fast and not for all the money in the world. We were able to get everything done. We are now vacationing in Bali.

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes wonder if the same people who advocate for animals would feel the same about unborn children?  just throwing in a spanner.😉