News Forum - “Gay Toilet”: Thai temple aims to be more welcoming, misses mark on gender neutral

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

It's not about "genders", but sexual preference.

Different concepts and issues.

'Q' is 'questioning', for those who are 'questioning' their preference and haven't been put / put themselves in any particular compartment yet.

wheres  the horse  goat and pig  porkers  toilet?

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Agree, but these alternate sexual preferences apply to less than 1% of the worlds population .....

"less than 1 %" ?

Most informed / studied estimates put it at around 7%, but that's really only those noticeably at the end of the Kinsey scale.

... these lifestyle choices. 

Whatever else being gay or LGBT is, it isn't a "choice".

It's simply how you're born, like being left or right-handed, black or white, tall or short.

The only "choice", I suppose, is if you pretend to be something you're not - as some do.

It's also seldom a "lifestyle", any more (or less) than being left or right-handed, black or white, tall or short, etc is - some people make that their "lifestyle" and focus, but for most it's just another facet.

Glad I'm not a 'Q' though

Apparently the vast majority of people are for a while, particularly when young, and particularly if you include preference and not just identity.

For some I know it's all about enjoying the journey, for others it's the destination.

37 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It's simply how you're born, like being left or right-handed, black or white, tall or short.

Sorry, agree, my poor choice of words.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

How are you so sure you're the only one? Maybe I identify myself like that too. 

Ok then we are going to need a bigger toilet.

• Haha 1