News Forum - Bangkok restaurant raided, several foreigners caught without entry stamps

Thaiger

In yet another party bust, police raided a restaurant in Bangkok at around 1:45am yesterday, past the 11pm cutoff set by the government, and arrested more than 45 people for violating disease control measures. Several foreigners were also charged for not having entry stamps in their passports. Immigration police officers say 30 people at the Nakhon Bar Bangkok were foreigners from Nigeria, Congo, and Cameroon… calling it a “coloured” party on their poster announcing the arrests. Half of them did not have passports on hand or did not have official entry stamps from immigration. Some face charges for illegal entry. […]

The story Bangkok restaurant raided, several foreigners caught without entry stamps as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Several foreigners were also charged for not having entry stamps in their passports. Immigration police officers say 30 people at the Nakhon Bar Bangkok were foreigners from Nigeria, Congo, and Cameroon… calling it a “coloured” party on their poster announcing the arrests.

Hm... i know this place... usual spot for shady individuals. i guess, police doing better job than smart BMW catching overstayers. not sure what "no entry stamps" means, how on the earth they can walk from Congo? maybe through newly opened Malaysian border?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Hm... i know this place... usual spot for shady individuals. i guess, police doing better job than smart BMW catching overstayers. not sure what "no entry stamps" means, how on the earth they can walk from Congo? maybe through newly opened Malaysian border?

will I suspect have walked or swam across unguarded sections of border from Laos or Cambodia……

1 hour ago, TukTuk said:

"A Colored Party" and Thai's are not racist?

Thais might be aghast to realize that in the west Thais themselves are considered, and classified/labeled, POC (People of Colour).

Best for now,

A

Edited by AMc

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Several foreigners were also charged for not having entry stamps in their passports. Immigration police officers say 30 people at the Nakhon Bar Bangkok were foreigners from Nigeria, Congo, and Cameroon… calling it a “coloured” party on their poster announcing the arrests. Half of them did not have passports on hand or did not have official entry stamps from immigration

Congratulations to The RTP and Immigration services for rounding up these unsavory individuals no political correctness there they just call a spade a spade.

Thanks to the fine Police work many Thai Girls can rest easy tonight knowing that these Nigerian Princes have no Facebook access in The Immigration Detention Centre.

• Like 3

We once had two individuals visit our facility from the UK. They were black. The girls referred to them as the "chocolate men". They were not being racist at all. They referred to them as Mr Chocolate Man in person. I was taken back at first but understood their innocence. That was 25 years ago before everyone became thin skinned. I'm still here and one of the girls is still with me. We often laugh about the "old days".

Anyone know a good Jewish joke,  perhaps a Polish one.         

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AMc said:

Thais might be aghast to realize that in the west Thais themselves are considered, and classified/labeled, POC (People of Colour).

Best for now,

A

Which west are you referring to?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In yet another party bust, police raided a restaurant in Bangkok at around 1:45am yesterday, past the 11pm cutoff set by the government, and arrested more than 45 people for violating disease control measures. Several foreigners were also charged for not having entry stamps in their passports. Immigration police officers say 30 people at the Nakhon Bar Bangkok were foreigners from Nigeria, Congo, and Cameroon… calling it a “coloured” party on their poster announcing the arrests. Half of them did not have passports on hand or did not have official entry stamps from immigration. Some face charges for illegal entry. […]

The story Bangkok restaurant raided, several foreigners caught without entry stamps as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

deport these idiots

As a side note, how bad does a place have to be before even the Thais  describe it as  " selling food and drink in unsanitary circumstances " ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Rain said:

Those damn sneaky coloured foreigners.

They're everywhere.

I don't often see coloured people in Thailand ,  quite infrequently 

• Like 1

It's big brain time again with these people. 

If you decide to have no entry stamps, maybe, just maybe it'll be a good idea to do your best not to do anything where the police could catch you. 

• Like 3

The bigger question is how did they gain entry without a stamp (I know it happens, but)... where they smuggled, and where did they enter from (presumably over a land boarder crossing).

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

The bigger question is how did they gain entry without a stamp (I know it happens, but)... where they smuggled, and where did they enter from (presumably over a land boarder crossing).

yep, land crossings then hide in plain sight. Entry on the Isaan borders was very easy until C19 restrictions started