News Forum - New Year’s events under “Covid Free” measures, attendees must be vaccinated

Thaiger

Get vaccinated if you want to party on New Year’s.  The Thai government is loosening restrictions on alcohol and events, but just for New Year’s… and for those who have been vaccinated. In all provinces, New Year’s countdown events will be allowed to offer alcohol drinks until 1am on January 1, but venues need to abide by “Covid Free Setting” measures which require customers attending events to show proof of vaccination at the door and those attending large events to also show a negative result from an antigen test. “Covid Free Setting” measures for New Year’s events Covid Free Staff […]

The story New Year’s events under “Covid Free” measures, attendees must be vaccinated as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

this must come as surprise for some in Thailand leadership, but two vaccine doses won’t protect from Omicron infection, Oxford study finds... few other research show the same. so please define "vaccinated"

31 minutes ago, Shark said:

headlines after NYE: "Major covid19 omicron outbreak after Thai new year celebrations, country back on lock-down"

headlines after NYE: "same as before".

Yes it's true that the vaccines don't prevent Omicron. Any more than they prevent Delta. But at this stage (and things might change with more time and more research), vaccines still prevent serious illness and death.To date there has only been one death recorded. that will change, of course, but hopefully things will hold.So NewYears with restrictions? I'm all for it!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes it's true that the vaccines don't prevent Omicron. Any more than they prevent Delta. But at this stage (and things might change with more time and more research), vaccines still prevent serious illness and death.To date there has only been one death recorded. that will change, of course, but hopefully things will hold.So NewYears with restrictions? I'm all for it!

Good news for the vaccinated.

For the conspiracy theorists........not so much.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Manu said:

headlines after NYE: "same as before".

Headlines after NYE: Dirty farangs not wearing face masks cause widespread outbreak of omicron 

18 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Headlines after NYE: Dirty farangs not wearing face masks cause widespread outbreak of omicron 

Headlines after NYE: fully vaccinated farangs  cause widespread outbreak of omicron.

All previous replies (and in a sense: this one too) are focused around Omicron even though it hasn't even been found to being transmitted domestically. That will happen inevitably but right now Delta is still the prevalent variant and a reminder to get vaccinated in order to weaken the upsurge in January makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Good news for the vaccinated.

Yes and no .....

..... not so good if you got a dose of Sinovac, which along with some Sinopharm were over 50 million of the just under 100 million doses administered so far ... 😢

2 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

All previous replies (and in a sense: this one too) are focused around Omicron even though it hasn't even been found to being transmitted domestically. That will happen inevitably but right now Delta is still the prevalent variant and a reminder to get vaccinated in order to weaken the upsurge in January makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me too ... 

... the problem is there's just zero trust left ... 😢

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not sure about that. In my immediate environment everyone (100%!) has made a conscious decision to get vaccinated and generally we all adhere to guidelines. National polls suggest that this is not a fluke, i.e. a majority is more concerned about safety than (an acceptable) loss of income & personal freedoms. You may be right but I hope you're wrong.

having been tripled vaxxed here , a maximum effort, and not left Phuket since March 2020, I am not getting any frackin antigen test here….. unless travelling for new work….will stay away from those “big events” ….

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

please stonker just go back to rationally. Talking is good . All that time on here without ever questioning anything. Surely even you will eventually start to realise that there is something not right here… you for a start, who I believe to be a fine human being.

Somewhere in all of this, there is a middle road. Between vaccinated and unvaccinated. Between absolute freedom of movement and restricted movement. Between partying and sobriety. And in that middle road, there is balance...that is the road to take.