News Forum - Vietnam’s Hanoi Metro faces boycott, lacks of passengers

Thaiger

The Cát Linh-Ha Dong line of the Hanoi Metro, Vietnam’s first mass transit train service, which was launched on November 6 this year, is reportedly facing a public boycott for cooperating with China despite its initial excellent service and high expectations. It came to attention as local media reported last month that the service is lacking passengers, at around 12,000 per day, or 60 people each journey, accounting for only 8% of the capacity, from the initial days of ticket sales during the service’s two-week free trial. The elevated 13-kilometre route with 12 stations from north-central Hanoi to Yen Nghia […]

The story Vietnam’s Hanoi Metro faces boycott, lacks of passengers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I personally know as have quite a few Vietnam friends that they do not like the Chinese CCP what so ever being not at all and will never cower to them under any circumstance. Proud and brave people. I love the Vietnamese people and Vietnam.

China's Road and Belt Program is designed to create large debt to China. Cambodian ports,  African ports and mineral rights, anything in Laos, etc. Malaysia as far as I know is the only country to say "NO". The US even sold Port Authority of 5 ports to China for x years. The list is extensive yet elusive.