News Forum - Bangkok Protests, Pattaya bar shut down, Meteor shower incoming | Thailand Top Stories

Thaiger

During last night’s rally, the protest leaders showed a petition of 230,000 signatures which had already been gathered to revoke the controversial Section 112. In the latest display of force from the Covid fun police, another restaurant operating as a bar on South Pattaya Road has been shut down last night for violating the current local restrictions in Chon Buri province. The Department of Health is issuing a reminder for restaurants the follow Covid-19 prevention regulations, especially with a hoped increase of tourists for the holiday period. The NIDA poll showed that most people think that online gambling and video games […]

The story Bangkok Protests, Pattaya bar shut down, Meteor shower incoming | Thailand Top Stories as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

55 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Unfortunately debt is pretty much a way of life in Thailand for many,  encouraging gambling will only make matter worse as people chase their loses.

gambling is pretty much " the " number one lifestyle in thailand...

I never met a thai who was not into gambling never ever...its completly impossible...they even have an almost institutionalized second lottery ...

same is for alcohol and wild driving... 

wild driving = no license and no idea but fast...

And the winner is the debt system...

if u lucky u might find a thai who does not speed driving with 2 promilles or filled up with yaba ...u also might find one who does not gamble regularly ( all tough i think this is pretty impossible ) you never will find a thai who is not indebted at least two times his worth....

but in LOS the rule is ma ben rai

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingdong said:

gambling is pretty much " the " number one lifestyle in thailand...

I never met a thai who was not into gambling never ever...its completly impossible...they even have an almost institutionalized second lottery ...

same is for alcohol and wild driving... 

wild driving = no license and no idea but fast...

And the winner is the debt system...

if u lucky u might find a thai who does not speed driving with 2 promilles or filled up with yaba ...u also might find one who does not gamble regularly ( all tough i think this is pretty impossible ) you never will find a thai who is not indebted at least two times his worth....

but in LOS the rule is ma ben rai

You must associate with completely different Thais than I. The biggest vice I see is the underground lottery. I'm aware that there are some serious card games, but not in my extended family. 

On 12/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, LoongFred said:

You must associate with completely different Thais than I. The biggest vice I see is the underground lottery. I'm aware that there are some serious card games, but not in my extended family. 

second lottery via line etc. is a thai past time like italians drink coffee...but i dont blame em i just comment on the facts...ps..i play lottery myself...a lot of fun when everybody gathers in front of tv and compare results