News Forum - Thailand: 1st in Asia, 5th worldwide in Global Health Security Index

Thaiger

Out of 195 countries, Thailand was ranked fifth in the world – and first in Asia – on the Global Health Security Index this year. The list is compiled by John Hopkins Centre for Health Security at Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health and other health experts worldwide. The index evaluates the health security of countries by analysing 171 questions divided into 6 categories with 37 indicators and 96 sub-indicators. This year the US topped the health security list, followed by Australia, Finland, Canada, and then Thailand. The US had a ranking of 75.9 while Thailand earned a […]

The story Thailand: 1st in Asia, 5th worldwide in Global Health Security Index as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

It would be interesting to see how they arrive at a conclusion about North Korea, considering they have no stats on worldometer??

Since the USA heads the list, well above anyone else for their "ability to respond to pandemics and epidemics" despite having 800,000 dead, maybe they just pulled the names out of a hat 😂 ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha took the opportunity to express gratitude for frontline workers, medical personnel and all the public health volunteers that came together to identify and contain Covid-19 infections and outbreaks.

Very nice of Pnut to thank everyone. 

Particularly as he made life hell for them by failing in his duties and allowing the spreading of the  Delta variant throughout Thailand Songkron April 2021.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

It would be interesting to see how they arrive at a conclusion about North Korea, considering they have no stats on worldometer??

Not sure if it answers your question, but the stats are compiled by Johns Hopkins. However, they are also the source for Worldometers CV stats.

Health security.....?

Are we referencing health systems/infrastructure  or general health and well being? 

This beloved survey might shed different results if any such results or conclusions were based on what might pass as reality. 

And most still don't get it. Shouldn't surprise.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Since the USA heads the list, well above anyone else for their "ability to respond to pandemics and epidemics" despite having 800,000 dead, maybe they just pulled the names out of a hat 😂 ...

Agreed. I find a lot of these “global indexes” have some questionable rankings. Take out one criterion, add another, select the time period to suit  etc. All this tweaking can skew the rankings and render the outcome interesting but open to debate.

This reminds me of the (in)famous EIU World Cost of Living Index, which comes out twice a year. The most recent one had Osaka (where I live) in 10th, ahead of London, Sydney, Dubai and Chicago. Either the various criteria they use are flawed/incomplete or the person they send to do the shopping is a moron.

It could be a case of cherry-picked criteria skewing the rankings in this thread also.

Hi John, yes. That's exactly why I made that point. I follow worldometers closely and I have never seen stats for North Korea. I doubt Kim Jong Un wants it known. ..😋

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Out of 195 countries, Thailand was ranked fifth in the world – and first in Asia – on the Global Health Security Index this year. The list is compiled by John Hopkins Centre for Health Security at Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health and other health experts worldwide. The index evaluates the health security of countries by analysing 171 questions divided into 6 categories with 37 indicators and 96 sub-indicators. This year the US topped the health security list, followed by Australia, Finland, Canada, and then Thailand. The US had a ranking of 75.9 while Thailand earned a […]

The story Thailand: 1st in Asia, 5th worldwide in Global Health Security Index as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is BS.