News Forum - Anti-Corruption Commission ranked Phuket least corrupt province

Thaiger

The National Anti-Corruption Commission has ranked Phuket as the least corrupt of the 77 provinces in Thailand after evaluating government agencies. Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong was presented with a plaque at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday to commemorate the achievement on International Anti-Corruption Day. Phuket made an impressive climb to the number one spot, having ranked 25th in last years list. This year the island province beat out Nakhon Sawan which placed second and Lopburi which took the third-place spot. Phuket scored 94.06 points in their assessment. After evaluating the transparency and integrity of government agencies, Phuket earned the top […]

The story Anti-Corruption Commission ranked Phuket least corrupt province as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Laughable…….Congrats in being the least corrupt Province in Thailand, will you all get another medal ribbon to accompany the ones awarded for the return of library books. It must have been difficult to choose a winner this year as nearly everywhere in Thailand has been closed for the majority of the last 12 months, so not too many tourists or people out and about to defraud if their hard earned money.

• Like 3

I don’t think I need to finish this sentence, but it does come to mind about what the clowns are really saying: Do as I say and not like .....

But really they might just be saying: Just don’t get caught if you don’t have immunity. 

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

ranked Phuket as the least corrupt of the 77 provinces in Thailand after evaluating government agencies.

and the most corrupt is?

• Like 3

CHIANGMAI by far is the most corrupt.. Matter of fact I saw an article ranking the 20 worst countries to vist. Thailand fell somewhere between Chad and North Koera.. It cited corruption, rising crime and traffic fatalities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomazz59 said:

CHIANGMAI by far is the most corrupt.. Matter of fact I saw an article ranking the 20 worst countries to vist. Thailand fell somewhere between Chad and North Koera.. It cited corruption, rising crime and traffic fatalities.

Interesting that a corrupt corruption commission is setup to investigate corruption in a society which would not be unable to survive in the way it has without corruption.

"...ranked Phuket as the least corrupt of the 77 provinces in Thailand..."

I guess it would have too bold of the National Anti-Corruption Commission to have given the plaque to...

'The Most Ethical, Honest, Principled, Trustworthy Province in the Kingdom of Thailand'.

Nawww, "the least corrupt" makes it sound as though they are making headway.