News Forum - Sinovac is testing its effectiveness against Omicron variant

Thaiger

Just now, Marc26 said:

But wouldn't the efficacy figures prove it's effectiveness?

Those are actual numbers

I am by no means an expert in any of this, but is has gone through numerous trials and studies, even outside WHO, that shows it's effectiveness in preventing serious illness

These #'s are lower then 100%, in the high 80%

But I would consider that still pretty good efficacy, no?

According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showing results from Chile, Sinovac has an efficacy rate of 65.9% against Covid-19, is 87.5% effective at preventing hospitalisation and 86.3% effective at preventing death.

No.

Those are only from Ph 1 - 3 studies, and mainly for the original strain not Delta; no other full figures have ever been published for Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik V.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No.

Those are only from Ph 1 - 3 studies, and mainly for the original strain not Delta; no other full figures have ever been published for Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik V.

Well we waited it out for my stepson to get Moderna on 13th, so we were trying to avoid all of those.

My MIL got Sinovac, but that was when Thailand was at it's peak, so we were just relieved she got something. 

She will get boosted when she can with Moderna/Pfizer

But important for us, they are now all accepted for entry into Canada

We have our niece coming to live with us for school next year and my wife wants her Mom here for 6 months

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well we waited it out for my stepson to get Moderna on 13th, so we were trying to avoid all of those.

My MIL got Sinovac, but that was when Thailand was at it's peak, so we were just relieved she got something. 

She will get boosted when she can with Moderna/Pfizer

But important for us, they are now all accepted for entry into Canada

We have our niece coming to live with us for school next year and my wife wants her Mom here for 6 months

Happy for you, but the other billion plus given Sinovac may not be so fortunate.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Happy for you, but the other billion plus given Sinovac may not be so fortunate.

Many doctors say that the best vaccine is the one that is available.

Those figures, in the high 80's are still good efficacy against severity.

But hopefully, as we are seeing in Thailand, these vaccines are being replaced with Pfizer/Moderna as the supply gets bigger.

But I can say I am happy my loved ones got any vaccine over no vaccine..................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Many doctors say that the best vaccine is the one that is available.

Those figures, in the high 80's are still good efficacy against severity.

But hopefully, as we are seeing in Thailand, these vaccines are being replaced with Pfizer/Moderna as the supply gets bigger.

But I can say I am happy my loved ones got any vaccine over no vaccine..................

Except "those figures, in the high 80 " are Ph1 -3 trials only, age and health conditions unknown, and not including Delta.

I'm not against Chinese products at all, but the idea that Sinovac has "good efficacy" is just baseless. Even the supposed '51%' is dubious.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Except "those figures, in the high 80 " are Ph1 -3 trials only, age and health conditions unknown, and not including Delta.

I'm not against Chinese products at all, but the idea that Sinovac has "good efficacy" is just baseless. Even the supposed '51%' is dubious.

Well of course you know much more than all those studies, as you seem to do in most things, it seems

• Like 2

Well i am against chineese stuff first they give you the virus for free (not chineese like) but found out thats it is a great business plan to sell the vaccin it will not be the last time something come from there its was not the first time also 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Well i am against chineese stuff first they give you the virus for free (not chineese like) but found out thats it is a great business plan to sell the vaccin it will not be the last time something come from there its was not the first time also 

Most of it has been donated 'FOC.'

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Most of it has been donated 'FOC.'

Only the virus came free from China the rest of it had a cost if not in money in political gain. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Well of course you know much more than all those studies, as you seem to do in most things, it seems

No, that's what "all those studies" say.

That doesn't mean I "know much more" than them, just that I've read them 😂!

If you read them as well, including the details of the tests, you'd also know what they say which you don't appear to even though you linked to them.

• Like 1