News Forum - Lab tests show 3 doses of Pfizer vaccine can neutralise Omicron variant

Thaiger

In a sign that boosters could be an essential line of defence against Omicron, lab tests show that 3 doses of the Pfizer vaccine can neutralise the variant. According to a Reuters report, vaccine makers BioNTech and Pfizer say 3 doses appear to be key in protecting against Omicron. Ozlem Tuereci, Chief Medical Officer at BioNTech, says researchers found that 2 doses of the vaccine produced much lower antibodies against the Omicron variant and that 3 doses were essential in restoring immunity. “The first line of defence, with 2 doses of vaccination, might be compromised and 3 doses of vaccination […]

The story Lab tests show 3 doses of Pfizer vaccine can neutralise Omicron variant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Two doses won't do it let's try a third follow that with a booster and a fifth one for the next mutation. My god this stuff is so easy to sell just create the need using your own research scientist's and the skies the limit...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So it appears the first two shots are already ineffective and now they want you to take a third and after that it will be a fourth and so on.  The real question is has your immune system waned along with the first two shots... 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Two doses won't do it let's try a third follow that with a booster and a fifth one for the next mutation. My god this stuff is so easy to sell just create the need using your own research scientist's and the skies the limit...

They will keep pushing the narrative as long as there are buyers and there seems to be plenty.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, palooka said:

Could have been 3 doses of Sinovac.

How about recommending a beer with a Pfizer shooter.  The narrative gets crazier by the day.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

So it appears the first two shots are already ineffective and now they want you to take a third and after that it will be a fourth and so on.  The real question is has your immune system waned along with the first two shots... 

yep, and the same people who demean people for not getting vaxxed, or wearing a mask will latch on to every single booster and expect all others to cower in fear until their irrational fears are quelled by zero covid

7 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

yep, and the same people who demean people for not getting vaxxed, or wearing a mask will latch on to every single booster and expect all others to cower in fear until their irrational fears are quelled by zero covid

It's much like trying to contain a virus like influenza which shares many qualities but they don't understand this and they have not even spent the time and the effort to research mRNA vaccines.

• Like 2

Right... How many of these experimental vaccines can one take within such a short period of time? Since this virus keeps on mutating, and the batteries in my TV remote outlast the current vaccine effectiveness, we just keep shooting up till there's something better on the market next year? What if by the time that they complete modifying the vaccine, but a new variant has shown up again, and the old and of course the new vaccine Aren't effective enough anymore..

This is a joke and never ending cycle. No wonder they need 55+ years to release the complete vaccine data, because pretty much everyone will death by that time that is old enough to remember this craziness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PiMSKiMiMSKi said:

Right... How many of these experimental vaccines can one take within such a short period of time? Since this virus keeps on mutating, and the batteries in my TV remote outlast the current vaccine effectiveness, we just keep shooting up till there's something better on the market next year? What if by the time that they complete modifying the vaccine, but a new variant has shown up again, and the old and of course the new vaccine Aren't effective enough anymore..

This is a joke and never ending cycle. No wonder they need 55+ years to release the complete vaccine data, because pretty much everyone will death by that time that is old enough to remember this craziness. 

Could also be that you will need a vaccine every six months to be able to exist in society and without one , you can just sit at home without going out anywhere 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Could also be that you will need a vaccine every six months to be able to exist in society and without one , you can just sit at home without going out anywhere 

This is a remarkably sad display of unfounded irrational fear and a unhinged embrace of totalitarian rule. 

Just how much longer are you going to embrace this ridiculous fantasy? 

Do you think that you will be able to exist in the world or do you require a zero covid existence? 

The research involved taking samples of blood around a month after the third dose of the vaccine, which showed the Omicron variant was neutralised as effectively as 2 doses had previously done with the original variant.

Hang on now... I thought omicron was discovered on the 9th November? That's exactly a month ago... today!! (https://www.who.int/news/item/26-11-2021-classification-of-omicron-(b.1.1.529)-sars-cov-2-variant-of-concern

Ugur Sahin, CEO of BioNTech, says countries may want to shorten the time between the dose 2 and 3 in order to protect against Omicron.

I am starting to feel some kind of rush now to sell as much as possible before we all realise that, at the best the vaccine is useless, at the worse omicron becomes the main variant and well, might not kill anybody anymore... a little cold/flu. Does Pfizer know something we do not about that? (or in fact many sientists already know and are saying that the symptoms are very mild, but not quite accepted by the main narrative...yet).

US President Joe Biden has welcomed the development.

“The new data from Pfizer on vaccine effectiveness against Omicron is encouraging. Anyone who is eligible and has not been boosted should go get a booster today.”

What data? Where is it? Are we going to wait 55 years for this too (https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/ )?

Now if you are not starting to smell the coffee by now, when will you?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

This is a remarkably sad display of unfounded irrational fear and a unhinged embrace of totalitarian rule. 

Do you think that you will be able to exist in the world or do you require a zero covid existence? 

Its not a fantasy at all . 

Many establishments , like hotels , restaurants , sports events are now only letting vaccinated people to attend and if this escalates to public transport and  supermarkets and everywhere else , unvaccinated people will not be able to go anywhere or do anything and they may require a vaccination every six months or so , as a booster .

Its a future possibility , rather than a "ridiculous fantasy" 

10 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Well said. Saves me a few minutes to say it myself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Many establishments , like hotels , restaurants , sports events are now only letting vaccinated people to attend and if this escalates to public transport and  supermarkets and everywhere else , unvaccinated people will not be able to go anywhere or do anything and they may require a vaccination every six months or so , as a booster .

Just because certain businesses are buying into the fantasy, does not mean that it is a justified policy. It is conforming to an unfounded government policy based on fear. 

See how that works? 

This armed CCP virus (until proven otherwise not true) is leading the world into a chaotic turmoil of insanity on all levels. If this was the intended purpose then it is surely right on target and is going to divide and tear humanity apart on too many levels. I have had the vaccine but have no intent on taking it for the rest of my life. Vitamins everyday are hard enough and they are good for you.

• Like 3

Do these people live in another dimension?  I recenlty spoke with a friend who lives in Thailand and has been enjoying himself and has had no trouble entering any establishments.  He is masked but has not vaccinated because he had Covid in the past.  Australia, Germany and Austria now share more in common with North Korea than ever before.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, billywillyjones said:

Do these people live in another dimension?  I recenlty spoke with a friend who lives in Thailand and has been enjoying himself and has had no trouble entering any establishments.  He is masked but has not vaccinated because he had Covid in the past.  Australia, Germany and Austria now share more in common with North Korea than ever before.

Do not forget my own country France where you cannot even have a coffee on a terrace without a vaccine pass, and where nurses (the same ones the whole country were applauding religiously every day at 8pm last year), firemen, etc... are loosing their jobs with no salary without that same pass, etc...

• Like 2

yes,its got totaly crazy!! open up and start living!this b/s can go on for years and many are now seeing it as scare tactics and control by govt. time to move on and stop all these crazy hoops to jump thru.open up and get on with life!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I get your point and yes, we all see that coming. More and more people realised that now and me personally for example, double vaccinated as well, hope that we all realise that as soon as possible, now really, it has nothing to do with being anti or pro vaxx bla bla bla, it is about now to stop this permanent control and get back our basic freedom cause once it is gone, it might well be an irreversible process. Not vaccinated vs unvaccinated but all humans getting back somehow a more human world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

I am in Thailand and I have been refused entry into a hotel because I am unvaccinated , they wouldn't ley me stay the night .

I've got vaccinated twice, and it wasn't a problem for my immune system. 

But I won't get scammed into a third one. I'll be on the side of my unvaccinated friends who lost most of their rights back home. 

• Like 1