After the Biden-Putin summit, Russia expects urgent talks with the US regarding Ukraine.

Andrew Reeve

Kremlin leaves door open for further talks but estimated 100,000 Russian troops remain within striking distance.

The Kremlin spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov, told reporters on Wednesday that the two leaders had agreed to appoint representatives “who will rapidly begin a discussion of this complex, confrontational situation”.

Biden and Putin would speak again once lower-level talks had been held, but it was “impossible to say” when that would be

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/08/russia-talks-of-rapid-ukraine-discussions-after-biden-putin-summit

Too cold for fighting IMO, but I guess the Generals stay warm and cosy if war breaks out 

Photo source WashingtonPost

EDNWLUSYH4I6ZKAIGGL2EKYZ7I.jpg&w=916

US imposed sanctions against Russia could cripple Europe if I'm not mistaken, so Biden's threat may not hold much value:    [source https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-ukraine-biden-putin-talks/2021/12/08/37f9aeca-5823-11ec-8396-5552bef55c3c_story.html]

“I made very clear if in fact he invades Ukraine, there will be severe consequences, severe consequences, economic consequences like ones he’s never seen,” Biden told reporters as he left the White House en route to Kansas City. “His immediate response was he understood that.”

Joe needs to set the next meeting for a place he feels at home and belongs like a nursing home for people with dementia.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Joe needs to set the next meeting for a place he feels at home and belongs like a nursing home for people with dementia.

What else would one expect from trump world other than childish commentary.

• Like 2
  • Angry 3

4 minutes ago, PBS said:

well well if it isn't PBS now can we ask are you working for the Public Broadcasting Network and throwing paid insults or is it a hobby of yours? 

You really lack a sense of humour.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Too cold for fighting IMO, but I guess the Generals stay warm and cosy if war breaks out 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/EDNWLUSYH4I6ZKAIGGL2EKYZ7I.jpg&w=916

US imposed sanctions against Russia could cripple Europe if I'm not mistaken, so Biden's threat may not hold much value:    [source https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-ukraine-biden-putin-talks/2021/12/08/37f9aeca-5823-11ec-8396-5552bef55c3c_story.html]

“I made very clear if in fact he invades Ukraine, there will be severe consequences, severe consequences, economic consequences like ones he’s never seen,” Biden told reporters as he left the White House en route to Kansas City. “His immediate response was he understood that.”

Hey, it is cold in the USA too. here is a picture of Kansas city and Washinghton DC for December.

image.png.4f500ef3a764ffc5c10c5991b8d69024.png Kansas city

image.png.2a1438219e491bfe89cf4df1c59a9323.png Washington DC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

well well if it isn't PBS now can we ask are you working for the Public Broadcasting Network and throwing paid insults or is it a hobby of yours? 

You really lack a sense of humour.

You're not humorous, just pathetic copy cat commentary from trump world

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:15 AM, KaptainRob said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/EDNWLUSYH4I6ZKAIGGL2EKYZ7I.jpg&w=916

Agree. It's doubtful that Biden would remoteley aware of the consequences of his "consequences". 

Approval rates sinking. Let's go Brandon.

• Like 3

The bigger question to this headline is how did Vladimir Putin keep a straight face while talking to Joe Biden I bet he was sticking drawing pins himself to resist the urge to burst out laughing at Sleepy Joe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, billywillyjones said:

He is In the basement of the Whitehouse where his minders are watching over him, yet he believes he is in the outside world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, 23RD said:

The bigger question to this headline is how did Vladimir Putin keep a straight face while talking to Joe Biden I bet he was sticking drawing pins himself to resist the urge to burst out laughing at Sleepy Joe.

He was thinking about what he will do with a 31 Flavors franchise from Baskin and Robins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:34 PM, 23RD said:

Even a bigger query comes to mind.

The stones and glass houses variety.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:54 AM, PBS said:

Your name says it all PBS....lmfao.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Biden will attend to this matter as soon as he covers the assistance necessary in Kentucky and Tennessee from the 'HURRICANES"   

Biden teaches me something new almost every day.  I didn't realize hurricanes could travel that far inland. 

8 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Biden will attend to this matter as soon as he covers the assistance necessary in Kentucky and Tennessee from the 'HURRICANES"   

Biden teaches me something new almost every day.  I didn't realize hurricanes could travel that far inland. 

Hmmm......a minor error compared to most of his others, I suppose.

Just now, Fester said:

Hmmm......a minor error compared to most of his others, I suppose.

True,

I loved one Australian TV announcer who was chronicling the gaffes including Biden repeatedly confusing which state he was physically in constantly getting them wrong.  He said the only state Biden knows for sure he is in is the constant state of confusion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, longwood50 said:

True,

I loved one Australian TV announcer who was chronicling the gaffes including Biden repeatedly confusing which state he was physically in constantly getting them wrong.  He said the only state Biden knows for sure he is in is the constant state of confusion. 

I think I can guess who you mean. I'm not sure if Joe can be sure of anything these days.

The hypocrisy of the war mongering Yankees never stops.  Who  could blame Russia for not wanting Ukraine  right on its border bristling with even more US missiles if it was allowed to join NATO. 

How convenient for some not to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 when Russia attempted to install missiles aimed at the USA in Cuba.  The Yankees cried and screamed like little schoolgirls seeing a bunch of cocks for the first time.  In fact  It almost started a nuclear war until the Russians sensibly quit the idea.

But oh no. Another example of the Yankees wonderful foreign policy of "do what we say ... not as we do" No wonder the US military have their butts whipped wherever the go in the world. Karma always prevails.691667992.jpg.crdownload

PS:  An apology to the Americans on this Forum.  My comment about the US Military having their butts kicked was not entirely accurate.  The US Marine Corp did successfully invade Grenada, a small Carribean island.  An despite massive resistance from local farmers threatening them with sticks and pitchforks, fought with courage and valour to provide the inhabitants with American Democracy.  Coca Cola and Macdonalds remain eternally grateful to the might of the US Military. (as will the Ukrainians)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MARCO said:

PS:  An apology to the Americans on this Forum.  My comment about the US Military having their butts kicked was not entirely accurate.  The US Marine Corp did successfully invade Grenada, a small Carribean island.  An despite massive resistance from local farmers threatening them with sticks and pitchforks, fought with courage and valour to provide the inhabitants with American Democracy.  Coca Cola and Macdonalds remain eternally grateful to the might of the US Military. (as will the Ukrainians)

Do You Feel Better? And now that you got that off your chest .pray tell what part of the world are you from? God knows the USA had something to do with its survival or good fortune !  

• Like 2

Hello Ric.  Thanks for your reply ...... quick but entirely predictable.   Oh yes .... of course!  Every country must thank the USA (or God) for it's survival and good fortune.  What redneck arrogance. Exactly proves my point.  "Pray tell me" ...... (how quaint)  what country I come from has any relevance for calling out the Americans foreign policy hypocrisy on the current situation with Ukraine?

Well for what's it worth .... New Zealand.  Do  you even know where it is? (after all a significant number of Yanks don't even know where Europe is on a map).  Now "pray tell me" Ric(diculous) even one fact has the USA has improved the lives of 5 million New Zealanders?  Apart of course from the  "God" given opportunity to view Kim Kardashian's enormous Big Mac fuelled butt  on Youtube LOL!!

PS.... dont take these comments too seriously.  I'm hoping most of you trailer park residents have a sense of humour.

• Like 1

If the U.S. crosses Russia's red lines, there will not be a war. Russia will take what they want in days. The Ukrainian military forces have been deployed since 2014 and have recently been further extenuated at the so called "contact line" in trench warfare within the Donbass since April, they are exhausted and are in no shape for a war. Tensions were increased when Ukrainian forces surged back in April... they've miscalculated and are now over extended. 

The West has been content to drag the current situation out for years now, there patience is waning. If it had ANY commitment to either the Minsk Accords or to peace in Ukraine, it would have long ago forced Kiev to enter into direct negotiations with the authorities in Donbas and to implement all the aspects of the Minsk Accords. It hasn't done so because it knows that a federated Ukrainian state, as envisaged by the Minsk agreement, would never join NATO as this would be vetoed by the Donbass. A federal (united) Ukraine would also never join the EU, which demanded back in 2013, as a condition of doing business with Ukraibe, that Ukraine not participate in the Eurasian trading block. With that demand, the EU deliberately violated the Budapest Memorandum (its Article 3, prohibiting the use of economic blackmail for geopolitical ends), the only international legal document that guaranteed Ukraine's territorial integrity. It was for his refusal to sign on to that EU bit of geopolitical extortion that Yanukovich had to be removed from power in the coup of 2014.

From Russia's point of view, a federated Ukraine would provide the best buffer available from further NATO expansion to its borders. In other words, while the West is having wet dreams about Russia attacking Ukraine and absorbing Donbass back into itself, Russia itself has absolutely no interest in doing so -- which is why it hasn't made any moves in that direction in the last 7 years. Only if Kiev, at the behest of the NeoCons in Washington, are mad enough to launch a serious offensive on Donbass will Russia intervene to protect the ethnic Russian population of the Eastern and Southern Ukraine, i.e. of those parts of the country Lenin the Ideologue tore away from Russia and gave away to the Borderlands in order to create a Ukrainian nation. 

Hey Freeduhdumb. Really, really interesting.  You obviously know your stuff.  Obviously a far more complex situation than I imagined.  Although you have suggested that an all out war is not likely the Kremlin might still be tempted to bite off another chunk of territory as they did with the Crimea.  As I think you quite rightfully point out, Russia has the ability to take what they want in a matter of days.Then of course, quickly halt hostilities and force another territorial stalemate as they have done in the Donbass region. Basically a limited territorial acquisition by a lightening strike  without testing the tired old, complicated diplomacy route.

I don't think Sleepy Joe Biden's threats of further sanctions will work in the long term. Russia's bloody mindedness will kick in (it's in their DNA since Stalingrad). And given the country's huge volumes of natural gas exports to Europe, the Yanks NATO allies wont want to endure a northern winter with heating, cooking and many other serious supply  shortages.  Thanks for the important background  info.  Cheers