Jump to content

News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Saltire said:

Our plan was to do 3 weeks in the village, 2 to 3 weeks travelling and repeat. Before Covid we managed this no problem for several years and had an amazing time. We are in a fairly remote village near the Sangkhla Buri border with Myanmar so we rely a lot for these trips on minivans, which for a while now have been reluctant to use. We are almost 3 hours to the provincial capital and so in the past year have ventured out little. Only moved here for the wife to care for her elders, both gone early this year so we had started to look at moving province to be closer to civilization. That is on hold..

Kanchanaburi was also deep red for a while due to its border issues so inter-provincial travel became a hassle. So we just stayed put for too long.

We talked about going to Hua Hin or Pattaya often but the minvan travel again put us off as well as the fact that when we got there most places were/are shut so why go?

Before anyone accuses me of 'hiding behind the sofa', I am 66, have 3 stents, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes (not obese) so the risk is there.

Both of us have also now a fear of crowds, wife more so but she won't go anywhere that's too busy like villlage funerals etc. Goes to pay the tambon and comes home, won't eat there  or sit in a crowd.

So basically we are bored stiff and have been for too long, I fear it may take some time for us to feel confident to travel again.

I could mention some other thngs that have contributed but boredom is top of the list.

On the plus side I have saved a fortune and the next trip will be one to remember.

I was genuinely curious to get your perspective and it was interesting reading your story.

Like I said, I wasn't challenging you and I feel for you and your wife....

 

Because you come to realize that this has hit so many different people in so many different ways

 

I hope you guys can get some enjoyment soon

Thanks for the reply

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have followed the rules in adapting social distancing and the wearing of masks meticulously since the introduction of those rules so why am I now just coming out of a serious bout of covid? 

Edited by kellio48
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kellio48 said:

I have followed the rules in adapting social distancing and the wearing of masks meticulously since the introduction of those rules so why am I now just coming out of a serious bout of covid? 

Because the protection isn't absolute / 100%.

It's about reducing and minimising risk, not eliminating it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, Reggie said:

Oh my! 🤭 I bet he happy now. he get his a**! whipped and LQQK he obediently wearing mask now. May that serve as warning to farang wear the mask, obey the law and keep in mind not every Thai loves you or even want you there. you are guest not Thai citizen. wear mask or look forward to a good A** whipping. call police afterward and get fined and deported🤭🤭🤭

I've never worn the slave muzzle, exactly as those running this circus haven't, and had noticed a dropping off of face nappy wearers until this latest Moronic 'variant' appeared and most wore the bacterial pneumonia inducing/sign of submission thing. However, yesterday I'd noticed even the Thais are wise to this farce now and had been greeted with the usual Thai smiles in my neighbourhood once more. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."  Abraham Lincoln.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

The rule is to be masked in public places - plain and simple, end of story.

No removing masks to eat, drink, kiss, blow up a party balloon, play a gazoo, or anything else you fancy doing unless it's specified, in a specific area.

Sorry, but there are limits to even my patience.

lol then why you agree on this Market  > selling food> designated eating place > Can remove mask to eat 

you go so much against your own words... whatever, however if i want to eat or have to eat i eat, nobody can control my entire life, and if i want to eat some bbq on the street i do so not a clown like you that will say something from it

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paco said:

lol then why you agree on this Market  > selling food> designated eating place > Can remove mask to eat 

Umm ... because Market  = selling food = designated eating place = Can remove mask to eat 😂

2 hours ago, Paco said:

... however if i want to eat or have to eat i eat, nobody can control my entire life, and if i want to eat some bbq on the street i do so not a clown like you that will say something from it

... and if ever anyone wondered why an increasing number of Thais are sick and tired of "dirty farangs" ignoring the rules and openly having no respect or consideration for those around them, thinking they're entitled to do whatever they want wherever they want and whenever they want, you've just summed it up.

The next time anyone wonders why farangs aren't as welcome here as they used to be, they need look no further than people like you.

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2021 at 8:08 PM, Fluke said:

Market  > selling food> designated eating place > Can remove mask to eat 

Dolphin show > Not selling food > Not a designated eating place > Cannot remove mask

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show. You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show.

Never been to it, but are food and drink sold inside the 'arena' area?

Somehow, I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

Do you think the situation's "normal" anywhere at the moment?

It's pretty simple - if the rules tell you to mask up in public places, unless there are exceptions where you are, then you mask up.

If you can't accept that and you ignore people giving you dirty looks when you don't and carry on anyway, then you should go somewhere else where your behaviour's acceptable.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is completely out of proportion.  The guy gets a slight bump on the head, that has a bandage on top of his hair. His "karen" wife runs off complaining to the media. The reality is he passed off another viewer for not respecting the mask rule, got rapped with something, and now the ***. The guy and his wife need to stop acting like entitled ***.

Then it's become a big deal because a foreigner is "attacked". The police are probably busting a gut on this. 

No I wasn't at the dolphins show, if you're wondering. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KoilStorp said:

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show. You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

No, we are not living in "normal" times , you may not have noticed , but the 

World is going through a pandemic and we have been asked to take precautions to stop the virus from spreading 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Never been to it, but are food and drink sold inside the 'arena' area?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Do you think the situation's "normal" anywhere at the moment?

It's pretty simple - if the rules tell you to mask up in public places, unless there are exceptions where you are, then you mask up.

If you can't accept that and you ignore people giving you dirty looks when you don't and carry on anyway, then you should go somewhere else where your behaviour's acceptable.

Yes the food is sold in the area for you specificaly to eat during the show. Only in your perception do people have to eat in designated areas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

No, we are not living in "normal" times , you may not have noticed , but the 

World is going through a pandemic and we have been asked to take precautions to stop the virus from spreading 

"Yes, stay home and the whole thing will be over in 2 weeks."

"Get vaccinated and the whole thing will be over."

How many doses of how many vaccines for how much harm compared to the common flu do you have to take to maybe start to think it's not reasonable anymore to have all those restrictions that make life a little less enjoyable everyday ?

People like you are talking like it's the plague or something. When there was the common flu killing thousands of people I'm sure you didn't advocate for the government to restrain our lives, so why do you do it only when the government and the medias tell you to do so ? Do you have a conscience of your own ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

"Yes, stay home and the whole thing will be over in 2 weeks."

"Get vaccinated and the whole thing will be over."

How many doses of how many vaccines for how much harm compared to the common flu do you have to take to maybe start to think it's not reasonable anymore to have all those restrictions that make life a little less enjoyable everyday ?

People like you are talking like it's the plague or something. When there was the common flu killing thousands of people I'm sure you didn't advocate for the government to restrain our lives, so why do you do it only when the government and the medias tell you to do so ? Do you have a conscience of your own ?

What my "conscience" tells me doesn't matter, nor do my views on whether to wear a mask or not  - the laws and the rules are there, and if you don't agree to live with them you shouldn't be here.

It's pretty simple.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

Yes the food is sold in the area for you specificaly to eat during the show. Only in your perception do people have to eat in designated areas.

No, not "my perception", but the law in Bangkok and the rules in Safari World, where like anywhere else in Thailand where mask wearing is required you are at liberty to remove your mask either in a designated eating area or to eat or to do whatever else you want to do when not "in close proximity to others".

Whatever spin you want to put on it, this isn't a designated eating area and it's very clearly "in close proximity to others":

head-injury.jpg

It's not "my perception" - it's what the law very clearly mandates and Safari World say:

In Bangkok:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/face-masks-compulsory-in-public-places-in-a-number-of-thai-provinces/

"People are required to wear masks when out of home or in public places organizing events with high numbers of participants and physical proximity."

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com/thailand-travel-update-for-foreign-tourists-latest-rules-guidance/

"In Thailand, masks are required to be worn at all times in all public areas, including inside and outdoors, as well as on public transportation and in cars carrying more than one person.

Thais are very concerned about mask-wearing and will be surprised and horrified by anybody who does not cover themselves. Failure to properly use a mask may also result in a penalty of THB1,000. The penalty for a second and third violation increases from THB10,000 to THB20,000."

In Safari World:

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/safari-world

"Tourists and staff members need to wear facial mask."

https://www.renown-travel.com/daytripsbangkok/safariworldmarinepark.html

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/safari-world-bangkok/

("Where to eat in Safari World")

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Stonker said:

What my "conscience" tells me doesn't matter, nor do my views on whether to wear a mask or not  - the laws and the rules are there, and if you don't agree to live with them you shouldn't be here.

It's pretty simple.

 

Lord Sumption, the UK retired Supreme Court justice,

seems to have a somewhat different view on this matter. 

From his March 2021 interview with Freddy Sayers, referring to lockdowns > "Sometimes the most public spirited thing that you can do with despotic laws like these is to ignore them."

> https://unherd.com/2021/03/lord-sumption-civil-disobedience-has-begun/

Yes, and I know he wasn't talking about masks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Lord Sumption, the UK retired Supreme Court justice,

seems to have a somewhat different view on this matter. 

From his March 2021 interview with Freddy Sayers, referring to lockdowns > "Sometimes the most public spirited thing that you can do with despotic laws like these is to ignore them."

> https://unherd.com/2021/03/lord-sumption-civil-disobedience-has-begun/

Yes, and I know he wasn't talking about masks...

yes he would say that when retired but had a different view when cases of law were before his bench. His rulings helped form future laws now in existence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Umm ... because Market  = selling food = designated eating place = Can remove mask to eat 😂

... and if ever anyone wondered why an increasing number of Thais are sick and tired of "dirty farangs" ignoring the rules and openly having no respect or consideration for those around them, thinking they're entitled to do whatever they want wherever they want and whenever they want, you've just summed it up.

The next time anyone wonders why farangs aren't as welcome here as they used to be, they need look no further than people like you.

yes in tourist places, because no respect for the fallang, however NORMAL thailand does not make a difference between thai or fallang they have the same respect... either way  they look at you dirty sneaky fallangs jerking themself off and misuse the thais... not the fallang that just lives a normal life and respect the thai... think you got a lot to learn maybe get once out of your cave and look around in the real thailand instead of in a gogo  😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

either way no matter what there is NEVER a reason to hit anyone for this or anything, all this happens because of the messed up government being slowly giving people their freedom back in tourist places...

if people can not eat when they hungry or need to eat to keep their blood sugar up, and they will get hit if they do it, then something is really wrong with the world and with most of the retards here that agree on to hit people

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

No, we are not living in "normal" times , you may not have noticed , but the 

World is going through a pandemic and we have been asked to take precautions to stop the virus from spreading 

Uh-huh.

Normal.

Whatever that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

either way no matter what there is NEVER a reason to hit anyone for this or anything, all this happens because of the messed up government being slowly giving people their freedom back in tourist places...

True, Paco. Violent vigilante justice for rule violations is not justified, period. The relevant authorities (zoo staff?) should enforce rules and they usually don’t punch people. 

If “rules” are not properly enforced, then they do not exist. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Walking around without it being necessary to take precautions against Covid

You struggle with figurative to literal metaphors, dontcha? 

Expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

You struggle with figurative to literal metaphors, dontcha? 

Expected.

Yes, you need to make it more obvious in future  as some people really are that unaware 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use