News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Yes , needs to avoid attacking internet warriors , they take no shite from anyone  and they aren't to be messed with 

Take your shit for yourself, I gave you a advice not everybody would be gentle like the swedish guy, especially not in Thailand!

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

If you aren’ happy being here, no one is stopping you leaving. 

So you speak for the Thais here? You really think the majority of Thais agree with you? You are in no position to tell sombody things like that and especially if Thais not agree with you! 

3 hours ago, Manu said:

No what? If you are happy to be governed by stupidity then please realise that we are not all happy to follow. Simple is that. Follow it as you wish and realise that others simply can’t do it. 

Then leave.

This isn't your country, and if you're not happy to follow and obey the laws of a country you've chosen to live in then you shouldn't remain.

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

So you speak for the Thais here? You really think the majority of Thais agree with you? You are in no position to tell sombody things like that and especially if Thais not agree with you! 

I know that the majority of Thais agree, regardless of their politics - foreigners who aren't willing to respect and obey the country's laws shouldn't be here and aren't welcome here, just as they're not welcome elsewhere.

It doesn't get much simpler and clearer than that.

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

and please don't edit my posts to change the meaning - it's not only bad manners, but against forum rules.

blimey  join yer mate dubin in that case , Ive changed  nothing

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Then leave.

This isn't your country, and if you're not happy to follow and obey the laws of a country you've chosen to live in then you shouldn't remain.

let  the  thais  leave as  well then they dont obey many of there  rule

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

Edit: Sorry, but even I have become bored of this.

stop answering then, just put me  on  ignore, id  put myself on if  i could

Edited by RampantRabbit

13 hours ago, Stonker said:

Jesus H Christ.

Masks are to protect others from you, not to protect you from others. That's how it works.

What he was fretting about is that his wife had already tried to get the Swede to put his mask on and been ignored, apart from the Swede's wife taking her photo just to add insult to injury.

I'm not condoning the Thai's actions, but if they'd done that to my partner I'd have voiced my displeasure in no uncertain terms and if fat boy Swede hadn't put his mask back on PDQ he'd have been in the medical tent having my shoe removed from his rectum.

Jesus H Christ😁 I seemed to  have missed  this  one, masks  work in two ways to protect others from you and you from them so if he has  no mask and you do you are still protected from him,mind you I do note they shouldalso all be wearing those ridiculous face shield  plastic masks and really a  full  body suit etc , source that Fauci ferker  bloke  also the  added  Thai  habit  of yo-yoying them when masks should  not be handled at all....now  back to my nonsense and I do  hope after he whacked the swede he disnfected  his  cup

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201111/masks-protect-wearers-and-others-from-covid-19

Recent data has now shown that, as a matter of fact, there’s also the added benefit to protect you from droplets and virus that’s coming your way,” he said. “You protect others, their mask protects you, and your mask also protects you.”

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 8:38 PM, LoongFred said:

If you aren’ happy being here, no one is stopping you leaving. 

I am here and happy and your vision of it, to me no difference to any other place or country, makes no difference. I am not being stupid by having my intelligence ignored by a government being stupid. I am by far not the only one, more and more people do understand that. Regardless of their nationality…right here in Thailand…and of course, how could I say that if not backed up by Thai people around me. Not even sure what else to say… 

On 12/13/2021 at 11:55 PM, Stonker said:

Then leave.

Just saw that… ha ha ha… can’t think of anything else to say. Just a human being on earth I am. Not up to you to say if I am a good or a bad one. To my death, I will just obey to my common sense and nothing else. principle I guess …

• Like 2

Ok but not apparently . To be accurate it should say falang with out mask who says he was eating...gets clobbered by man with a mask. Nothing says he had a mask before ....and if others were masked. 

Safari World tickets are usually booked online or through an agent. The post states that the assailant was part of a family group. Combining the names of those booked as part of a family group for that day with the names and photos on the national ID card database + Safari World security camera recordings + identification by witnesses should lead police to identify the assailant, if they have not done so already.

Perhaps we will soon hear his side of the story, Or perhaps we will hear later, when it goes to court.

I disagree with those who say that the Swede can be assaulted because he broke a rule or a law, or showed a lack of concern. I disagree strongly with those who suggest that he can be assaulted because it is not his country. I also disagree with the logic that other contributors' opinions are invalid because they should just leave here if they have any criticism of the place.

I think that the comments on the merits of masks and preventative rules may be interesting, but that they derail this topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PQBC said:

Safari World tickets are usually booked online or through an agent. The post states that the assailant was part of a family group. Combining the names of those booked as part of a family group for that day with the names and photos on the national ID card database + Safari World security camera recordings + identification by witnesses should lead police to identify the assailant, if they have not done so already.

Perhaps we will soon hear his side of the story, Or perhaps we will hear later, when it goes to court.

I disagree with those who say that the Swede can be assaulted because he broke a rule or a law, or showed a lack of concern. I disagree strongly with those who suggest that he can be assaulted because it is not his country. I also disagree with the logic that other contributors' opinions are invalid because they should just leave here if they have any criticism of the place.

I think that the comments on the merits of masks and preventative rules may be interesting, but that they derail this topic.

Not much of an assault in my book. If you can’t handle a little work on the head when your clearly wrong is sorrowful. I nominate him for wimp of the week. Give the wopper an award.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Not much of an assault in my book. If you can’t handle a little work on the head when your clearly wrong is sorrowful. I nominate him for wimp of the week. Give the wopper an award.

The  7-11  girl  gave me the wrong change once, maybe I should  have slapped  her round the face?

Edited by RampantRabbit
  • Like 2