News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Jesus H Christ.

Maybe if you read what's written rather than what you'd like to be written you'd understand things a little more. Maybe not, though .....

According to me two people have to wear masks in a car not because "its too difficult to prove they are married" but because if there was such an exemption it would not only be inequitable and unjustifiable but it would inconvenience everyone else with the delays it would cause if checks were enforced.

The "sense" is that they're not inconveniencing anyone or putting anyone at risk.

How can there be "no sense" in that?

beacsue the mask is  removed OUT  of the home aganst the law  stating it  must be worn at all  time unless  eating drinking exercising. The law is ridiculous for numerous reasons , when  apart form a taxi bus where you  have to wear a  mask when  do you get into a  vehicle with people you dont know, ye t the people in the photo op could be family could be friends and its is  "ok" to remove the masks.Nope it makes no sense to me at  all, call me bonkers if u want.

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

According to me two people have to wear masks in a car not because "its too difficult to prove they are married"

married or "friends" doesnt really  matter

Just now, bushav8r said:

The whack on the head seems to have worked.  He is wearing a mask and and a bandage now.  😃😃

and the Thai guy might end up with a fine, I mean If  i were to hit every Thai I saw without a mask on PROPERLY id be frikking rich beyond my wildest dreams....and also deported

5 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

yes of course I can BUT the law does not say you can take  off  your mask and take a photo for  no good  reason at  all in fact Id say  taking it  of is  not  only  illegal but totally  uneccessary as it says worn outside at all times it  doesnt say its  ok if  everyone is 2  metres  away form you it says at all times unless  eating drinking exercising, this is a photo , and we  have to go with the story as  thats what it is HE SAID he was doing   eating and another poster said FOOD was being sold INSIDE the dolphin show, they shouldnt be  selling food is another subject entirely.

It doesnt say as far as I can find that you can ONLY  take a  mask off when eating in a  restauarant but not  when taking a photo

5 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

but there is, the law says wear a mask at ALL time unless  eating drinking exercising....or  has it been changed

The law is very clear, as explained by the TAT for the benefit of those who are bent on picking holes in it for whatever reason:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform travellers that Bangkok and all 76 other provinces have made it compulsory for everyone to wear a face mask when they are outdoors. Offenders are liable to a fine up to 20,000 Baht.

TAT would like to remind everyone that face masks should be worn at all times for both your personal safety and for those around you.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/face-masks-compulsory-in-public-places-in-a-number-of-thai-provinces/

If there's nobody "around you", obviously there is no issue and the law is unlikely to be applied.

If there is, and particularly if they take offence as happened here, obviously there is.

14 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Ok so if  i walk down the road with a camera and stay 2  metres  away from anyone wherever I am in Thailand I can take a photo of my self de masked....and no one will arrest me/fine me? I dont think so

As has been explained before, although evidently it was wasted, there is no rule on a specific "distance" or "proximity", probably to avoid idiots who think they're clever trying to get round it or pick holes in it.

14 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

beacsue the mask is  removed OUT  of the home aganst the law  stating it  must be worn at all  time unless  eating drinking exercising. The law is ridiculous for numerous reasons , when  apart form a taxi bus where you  have to wear a  mask when  do you get into a  vehicle with people you dont know, ye t the people in the photo op could be family could be friends and its is  "ok" to remove the masks.Nope it makes no sense to me at  all, call me bonkers if u want.

OK.

You're bonkers.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

and the Thai guy might end up with a fine, I mean If  i were to hit every Thai I saw without a mask on PROPERLY id be frikking rich beyond my wildest dreams....and also deported

Fortunately, the Thai man was wearing a mask and it may be hard to identify him.

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If there's nobody "around you", obviously there is no issue and the law is unlikely to be applied.

I very  much doubt  that and TAT isnt the law maker is  it? AT ALL  TIMES is  the law and "around you"  well thats  just  plain vague. I agree  Im bonkers  though

6 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Fortunately, the Thai man was wearing a mask and it may be hard to identify him.

Unfortunately, maybe i should wear a  mask when I enforce  justice on the mean streets  of  pranburi whacking Thais with a half worn  or  non worn under chin mask?

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The law is very clear, as explained by the TAT for the benefit of those who are bent on picking holes in it for whatever reason:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform travellers that Bangkok and all 76 other provinces have made it compulsory for everyone to wear a face mask when they are outdoors. Offenders are liable to a fine up to 20,000 Baht.

TAT would like to remind everyone that face masks should be worn at all times for both your personal safety and for those around you.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/face-masks-compulsory-in-public-places-in-a-number-of-thai-provinces/

If there is, and particularly if they take offence as happened here, obviously there is.

As has been explained before, although evidently it was wasted, there is no rule on a specific "distance" or "proximity", probably to avoid idiots who think they're clever trying to get round it or pick holes in it.

Ok so can I  have your  number to explain to the policeman that you said as long as I was two metres  away from anyone I didnt have to wear a  mask

16 minutes ago, Stonker said:

except when taking an uneccessary  photo in a public  place cuz they might be a  non specific  distance away from you but in a car with the same person  5  minutes  later  in the car park you must wear the mask, yeah makes  perfect sense😁

16 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Ok so can I  have your  number to explain to the policeman that you said as long as I was two metres  away from anyone I didnt have to wear a  mask

No, because I clearly didn't say that and said that there was no specific distance.

Edit: Sorry, but even I have become bored of this.

3 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

except when taking an uneccessary  photo in a public  place cuz they might be a  non specific  distance away from you but in a car with the same person  5  minutes  later  in the car park you must wear the mask, yeah makes  perfect sense😁

and please don't edit my posts to change the meaning - it's not only bad manners, but against forum rules.

It is very simple if sombody think it is ok to hit sombody with an stick or something else on the head because he put his mask down for eating something has a big mental health issue. Advertising violence by the way is also a crime and hitting sombody is an assault and attack and is a case for the police and courts. Everything is very clear!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It is very simple if sombody think it is ok to hit sombody with an stick or something else on the head because he put his mask down for eating something has a big mental health issue. Advertising violence by the way is also a crime and hitting sombody is an assault and attack and is a case for the police and courts. Everything is very clear!

We believe that the guy simply refused to wear a mask, full stop .

The story about wanting to eat was a false made up story to get sympathy from the public.

He refused to wear a mask through out the day and only wore a mask when forced to .

He was putting other at risk, a risk of death , a bump on his head in return was a gentle reminder to wear a mask when in public

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The story about wanting to eat was a false made up story to get sympathy from the public.

He refused to wear a mask through out the day and only wore a mask when forced to .

He was putting other at risk, a risk of death , a bump on his head in return was a gentle reminder to wear a mask when in public

Expect a gentle answer on your face if you do that to sombody who is not so gentle like this swedish guy!

20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Expect a gentle answer on your face if you do that to sombody who is not so gentle like this swedish guy!

Yes , needs to avoid attacking internet warriors , they take no shite from anyone  and they aren't to be messed with 

Why is this thread still alive? There's no new information (on several levels). Somebody was being annoying and somebody else was annoyed enough to assault. Nothing new there; it happens on a daily basis for all kinds of reasons. Unless someone is keeping track (of statistics), I for one am fading out.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I've no idea if he made up the story or not, or if he was without a mask for a few hours or a few minutes.

It hardly matters either way as he clearly annoyed people and continued to refuse to wear a mask and annoy people even after they made their feelings clear.

Unfortunately a prime example of a "dirty farang" who thought he was above everyone else, which reflects badly on the rest of us, while the Thai who tapped him on the head is no more than an example of someone losing their temper when deliberately pushed too far.

Few months ago I saw a Mickey Rourke look-alike tough guy without a mask. Somehow nobody asked him to wear one. It must have been his nice tattoos 🤣

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

No, they ask you to follow the law and consider others.

No what? If you are happy to be governed by stupidity then please realise that we are not all happy to follow. Simple is that. Follow it as you wish and realise that others simply can’t do it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manu said:

No what? If you are happy to be governed by stupidity then please realise that we are not all happy to follow. Simple is that. Follow it as you wish and realise that others simply can’t do it. 

If you aren’ happy being here, no one is stopping you leaving. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Few months ago I saw a Mickey Rourke look-alike tough guy without a mask. Somehow nobody asked him to wear one. It must have been his nice tattoos 🤣

Tough guys usually like to wear masks. BTW I wasn’t aware that tattoos made you tough. Thais have them to keep evil spirits at bay.

• Like 1