News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat

Thaiger

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

Not when you are spreading a virus that may kill me, I wont ,

It becomes my business then 

u wear a mask  then ,  how do you get on driving in Thailand? Thai drivers  gonna  kill  u to

Edited by RampantRabbit

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Permitted because it's in accordance with the Thai law and the park rules:  when you're not "in close proximity to others", which as I've pointed out before is permitted and acceptable.

When you're seated next to and above others in a full arena watching the show, "in close proximity to others" as his wife's facebook pics very clearly show he was, then it's not permitted and not acceptable, as his wife was very well aware because she had already noted and photographed a family glaring at them about it as she clearly said on her facebook site posting their pic - but they ignored them and he kept his mask off anyway.

They not only didn't care about breaking the rules, but they didn't care even when they saw and knew that it was annoying others.

define  close  proximity? also when you are in the car with your wife you  both have to wear masks, but in a photo at a  zoo you dont? yeah sounds  odd  to me, Thai  law  will  over ride safari park "rules" heres  another example,  looks  like  whole  family unmasked, yet they get in their car and  they must mask up , feel  more  sorry for the poor  animals

245199977_4722733304403299_4360318194506178588_n.jpg

Edited by RampantRabbit

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

This sounds like some sort of psychotic episode you are having. Most people only know they have the virus when they get tested. It is not Ebola. You need to calm down, turn off the alarmist news on TV and think this through logically. You and you uncontrolled/irrational rage are a much bigger public danger than the poor Australian man you were wanting to attack.

Also surely if  he himself  is  wearing a mask whats he fretting  about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

When you're seated next to and above others in a full arena watching the show, "in close proximity to others" as his wife's facebook pics very clearly show he was, then it's not permitted and not acceptable,

yet they sell you  food inside the arena  to do what with?

15 hours ago, Fluke said:

What is at the end of the sentence in the background ?

"mask on at all times " ?

head-injury.jpg

To be fair, combining the visible English and Thai, it actually says "Please keep your seat spacing", or words to that effect.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

u wear a mask  then ,  how do you get on driving in Thailand? Thai drivers  gonna  kill  u to

I don't think that its necessary to wear a mask whilst driving a car 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

define  close  proximity?

There is no "definition" except for all circumstances as there are too many variables, so the only "definition" is for specifics like restaurants.

The generally accepted rule, as I'm sure you're well aware, is two metres distance.

If others are obviously not happy with your unmasked proximity to them and are making that very clear to you, as the Swede's wife not only says the Thai's wife was but as she even posts a picture of her doing so on her facebook site, then obviously you are in "close proximity".

Most people would have the courtesy to acknowledge that and, in Thailand, to smile to de-fuse the situation and to put their masks on.

The Swede didn't, and instead he ignored her and remained unmasked, deliberately being confrontational and escalating the situation.

... and before you ask, 'no I wasn't there' but his wife describes what happened and according to her that's exactly what happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Unless your in  a taxi or other public transportation no one cares about masks. 

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

There is no "definition" except for all circumstances as there are too many variables, so the only "definition" is for specifics like restaurants.

The generally accepted rule, as I'm sure you're well aware, is two metres distance.

If others are obviously not happy with your unmasked proximity to them and are making that very clear to you, as the Swede's wife not only says the Thai's wife was but as she even posts a picture of her doing so on her facebook site, then obviously you are in "close proximity".

Most people would have the courtesy to acknowledge that and, in Thailand, to smile to de-fuse the situation and to put their masks on.

The Swede didn't, and instead he ignored her and remained unmasked, deliberately being confrontational and escalating the situation.

... and before you ask, 'no I wasn't there' but his wife describes what happened and according to her that's exactly what happened.

The Swed and his wife give falangs a bad name in Thailand.  I'm sure the police officer had a good laugh at her expense after she left. Maybe if they're unhappy they'll go elsewhere next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

also when you are in the car with your wife you  both have to wear masks, but in a photo at a  zoo you dont? yeah sounds  odd  to me, Thai  law  will  over ride safari park "rules" heres  another example,  looks  like  whole  family unmasked, yet they get in their car and  they must mask up , feel  more  sorry for the poor  animals

It "sounds odd" to you only because you want it to.

The Thai law doesn't "over ride safari park "rules" " in any way. You can be unmasked when "in close proximity to others" if they're family and you live together, as those in your photo apparently do, just as Safari Park rules and Thai law allow.

You have to mask up when in a car regardless of whether you're living together / the same family or not to avoid delays for everyone else and make checks quicker and simpler  -  it's obviously impossible to know without stopping a vehicle and checking every ID if those in a car are all living together, so to speed things up and simplify things it's a blanket rule for everyone.

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

The Swed and his wife give falangs a bad name in Thailand.  I'm sure the police officer had a good laugh at her expense after she left. Maybe if they're unhappy they'll go elsewhere next year.

With a bit of luck he'll be fined for not wearing a mask when required, based on his wife's statements and photos.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

It "sounds odd" to you only because you want it to.

The Thai law doesn't "over ride safari park "rules" " in any way. You can be unmasked when "in close proximity to others" if they're family and you live together, as those in your photo apparently do, just as Safari Park rules and Thai law allow.

You have to mask up when in a car regardless of whether you're living together / the same family or not to avoid delays for everyone else and make checks quicker and simpler  -  it's obviously impossible to know without stopping a vehicle and checking every ID if those in a car are all living together, so to speed things up and simplify things it's a blanket rule for everyone.

so  if the park said  no one has to wear a mask in our  zoo thai  law  would  not  apply eh

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

two  people    in a  car must wear a  mask, one  does  not  have to, even if  married, remember that story

Edited by RampantRabbit

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Unless your in  a taxi or other public transportation no one cares about masks. 

its  not  about "care"  its  about rules isnt it?

Edited by RampantRabbit

2 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

define  close  proximity? also when you are in the car with your wife you  both have to wear masks, but in a photo at a  zoo you dont? yeah sounds  odd  to me, Thai  law  will  over ride safari park "rules" heres  another example,  looks  like  whole  family unmasked, yet they get in their car and  they must mask up , feel  more  sorry for the poor  animals

245199977_4722733304403299_4360318194506178588_n.jpg

CM zoo does the same for photos, but then after you need your mask on. I was just there with family a month or so ago. 

One thing is for sure, this person has become quite famous in the foreing social media. If all the other sites talk the same way we at TT are doing then maybe he needs to dye his hair and get some contact lenses.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

CM zoo does the same for photos, but then after you need your mask on. I was just there with family a month or so ago. 

do they tell covid  to  pose to or  just  not to spread whilst  photo is  being taken😄

yet they sell you  food inside the arena  to do what with?

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

Where's the proof of that ?

I don't know if they do or not as I haven't been there for over 25 years, but it's very unlikely as described at best as any cart making and selling "cotton candy" would completely block any of the aisles.  Maybe @KoilStorpwill post his happy snaps as he was there only a week ago, and we can see all the sellers and the people eating ... or maybe not ... 🤣

if they do, then it's obviously for consumption when not "in close proximity to others", which is perfectly reasonable for everybody.

26 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Perfectly reasonable - when taking the photos the only people you're "in close proximity" to are your family, then you mask up afterwards.

25 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

do they tell covid  to  pose to or  just  not to spread whilst  photo is  being taken😄

See above.  You hardly need to be Einstein to work out the reason why.

Also surely if  he himself  is  wearing a mask whats he fretting  about

Jesus H Christ.

Masks are to protect others from you, not to protect you from others. That's how it works.

What he was fretting about is that his wife had already tried to get the Swede to put his mask on and been ignored, apart from the Swede's wife taking her photo just to add insult to injury.

I'm not condoning the Thai's actions, but if they'd done that to my partner I'd have voiced my displeasure in no uncertain terms and if fat boy Swede hadn't put his mask back on PDQ he'd have been in the medical tent having my shoe removed from his rectum.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

so  if the park said  no one has to wear a mask in our  zoo thai  law  would  not  apply eh

Have you been on the sauce?

Thai law isn't over-riding Safari Park rules because they both say the exact same thing!  As I said, "You can be unmasked when "in close proximity to others" if they're family and you live together, as those in your photo apparently do, just as Safari Park rules and Thai law allow."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

It is just a photo that is controlled to where the family who are together any how get to pose with no mask on for their family experience. The girls who take the pictures stay masked and again it is controlled and from my stand point is a good memory to have for now and the future. Small free one and the others offered at a price when you finish the zoo tour. I see no foul in this at all. And BTW, I was only charged the Thai going rate to get in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Jesus H Christ.

Masks are to protect others from you, not to protect you from others. That's how it works.

What he was fretting about is that his wife had already tried to get the Swede to put his mask on and been ignored, apart from the Swede's wife taking her photo just to add insult to injury.

I'm not condoning the Thai's actions, but if they'd done that to my partner I'd have voiced my displeasure in no uncertain terms and if fat boy Swede hadn't put his mask back on PDQ he'd have been in the medical tent having my shoe removed from his rectum.

Was the head bopper Thai? I didn't read it was a Thai or another falang. Nevertheless it doesn't appear he was bopper very seriously.  Most  has got his feelings hurt. 

The bandage looks like it was more for effect than an injury.