News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat

Thaiger

7 hours ago, KoilStorp said:

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show. You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

Of course you were , coincidences do happen and people  never lie  and you went to the dolphin show last week and had a bite to eat there 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Lord Sumption, the UK retired Supreme Court justice,

seems to have a somewhat different view on this matter. 

From his March 2021 interview with Freddy Sayers, referring to lockdowns > "Sometimes the most public spirited thing that you can do with despotic laws like these is to ignore them."

> https://unherd.com/2021/03/lord-sumption-civil-disobedience-has-begun/

Yes, and I know he wasn't talking about masks...

No, his view is neither "different" nor similar, since not only was he not talking about masks but neither was he talking about how to behave in a foreign country.

1 hour ago, KoilStorp said:

Nope, still wrong, it is allowed to eat during the show, they sell food and drinks there

Whatever your fantasies, the law in Thailand and the rules in Safari World are very clear on this.

Masks are to be worn at all times when in close proximity to anyone else, which he very clearly was.

There's no room for any "perception" here - that's the law, end of story.

That doesn't excuse the assault in any way, but both of them broke the law. 

2 hours ago, Paco said:

either way no matter what there is NEVER a reason to hit anyone for this or anything, all this happens because of the messed up government being slowly giving people their freedom back in tourist places...

if people can not eat when they hungry or need to eat to keep their blood sugar up, and they will get hit if they do it, then something is really wrong with the world and with most of the retards here that agree on to hit people

I vote to hit every single person who goes to a dolphin show!

Sorted......

By the way, this guy is a pussy 

If someone hits me in the head

I'm not having my wife take a picture of my boo-boo

I'm hitting back.....

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Of course you were , coincidences do happen and people  never lie  and you went to the dolphin show last week and had a bite to eat there 

If you look at the wife's pics of her visit on her facebook site (in the link), nobody's eating in the seating area for the dolphin show, either before, during or after the show, and everyone's masked except the Swede, and there's no food or drink for sale anywhere inside nor anywhere to sell food or drink except outside.

Odd that ... or maybe not ... 😂

The laws in Thailand and the rules in Safari World couldn't be clearer.

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I vote to hit every single person who goes to a dolphin show!

Sorted......

By the way, this guy is a pussy 

If someone hits me in the head

I'm not having my wife take a picture of my boo-boo

I'm hitting back.....

He probably had enough sense to realise that he'd already offended a lot of people.

24 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Whatever your fantasies, the law in Thailand and the rules in Safari World are very clear on this.

Masks are to be worn at all times when in close proximity to anyone else, which he very clearly was.

Dude, do you have some kind of mental issue ? I was there last week-end and guys walk around the aisles right before the show to sell sodas and chips and cotton candy and stuff. Are you goin to deny again or are you going to admit your whole rhetoric failed tremendously ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

Dude, do you have some kind of mental issue ? I was there last week-end and guys walk around the aisles right before the show to sell sodas and chips and cotton candy and stuff. Are you goin to deny again or are you going to admit your whole rhetoric failed tremendously ?

There is the real world, and then there's the world that people inhabit sitting behind a keyboard thinking they're making themselves look clever via Google. It's a bit like OCD....😆😆😆

1 hour ago, KoilStorp said:

I was going to ask if he's never been to a sporting event or any event

But I also thought maybe they could have restricted eating at your seats

Which I actually think they did at some stadiums in the US, initially 

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I was going to ask if he's never been to a sporting event or any event

But I also thought maybe they could have restricted eating at your seats

Which I actually think they did at some stadiums in the US, initially 

I don't think it was brief pause to eat or drink. Other people understand. It's when the mask is left off for a long period of time that's bad. There was staring between the two that proceeded the head wop, so it sounds like it was prolonged. If the Swed want to eat a full meal he should've gone elsewhere. There's always another side.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KoilStorp said:

No, I'm simply telling you what the rules are.

5 hours ago, Transam said:

Were you there...?

4 hours ago, Transam said:

I am asking you, you have it all worked out, so, were you there, or are you just making assumptions..?

The Swede's wife was!

... or is she "just making assumptions" when she says that's exactly what happened on her facebook page?

That's where this whole argument that he was totally innocent and just doing what everyone else was doing falls down ... but hey, who cares about what she says happened and what's clearly evidenced in all her pics 😂

20 hours ago, KoilStorp said:

The guy's wife's pics don't show any of that, unfortunately ... no Thais eating unmasked in their seats, and no-one walking round the aisles selling "cotton candy" ... just lots of other people obeying the rules, all wearing masks, and other people glaring at her and her husband for not doing so ... maybe you could help her out and send her some of yours to support her, as you were there the same weekend, and print a couple of them here ... I'm sure she'd appreciate it ... 😂 ...

12 hours ago, LoongFred said:

I don't think it was brief pause to eat or drink. Other people understand. It's when the mask is left off for a long period of time that's bad. There was staring between the two that proceeded the head wop, so it sounds like it was prolonged. If the Swed want to eat a full meal he should've gone elsewhere. There's always another side.

Yeah had an asshole on one of my flights last month

Mask down below his chin the whole time

Talking across the aisle to his mate

Hostess said nothing(we were in biz class and sometimes I think they let them get away with flouting the mask rules)

I raised my hand and as she was walking towards me I said "tell that guy to put his mask on "

As another asteemed BM says often, I'm an abrupt person

I don't have the gene that makes me shy of confrontation 555

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 8:58 PM, Stonker said:

so why do they sell  food and drink then?..............to eat  outside?

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

What is at the end of the sentence in the background ?

"mask on at all times " ?

head-injury.jpg

nose  out  of  my  business

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

What is at the end of the sentence in the background ?

"mask on at all times " ?

head-injury.jpg

6  november from their own website , and  looking at  manyof the photos  I can see a  great  opportunity for some head  bashing, after that Ill  probably  stake em to the gorund cover them in  Jam and leave themin the ant enclosure, I mean you can feed  the animals  there.  Seems  like  ALL  photo  ops  with the animals let you remove the ,maskimage.thumb.png.b580c9de85f84382844a60f229b47505.png

Edited by RampantRabbit

8 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

nose  out  of  my  business

Not when you are spreading a virus that may kill me, I wont ,

It becomes my business then 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

so why do they sell  food and drink then?..............to eat  outside?

To eat in accordance with the Thai law and the park rules:  when you're not "in close proximity to others", which as I've pointed out before is permitted and acceptable.

It's not permitted or acceptable to do so "in close proximity to others" which is what he was doing and carried on doing with his mask completely removed even when he and his wife saw a family glaring at them about it - which his wife very  clearly says she noticed and even photographed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

6  november from their own website , and  looking at  manyof the photos  I can see a  great  opportunity for some head  bashing, after that Ill  probably  stake em to the gorund cover them in  Jam and leave themin the ant enclosure, I mean you can feed  the animals  there.  Seems  like  ALL  photo  ops  with the animals let you remove the ,maskimage.thumb.png.b580c9de85f84382844a60f229b47505.png

Permitted because it's in accordance with the Thai law and the park rules:  when you're not "in close proximity to others", which as I've pointed out before is permitted and acceptable.

When you're seated next to and above others in a full arena watching the show, "in close proximity to others" as his wife's facebook pics very clearly show he was, then it's not permitted and not acceptable, as his wife was very well aware because she had already noted and photographed a family glaring at them about it as she clearly said on her facebook site posting their pic - but they ignored them and he kept his mask off anyway.

They not only didn't care about breaking the rules, but they didn't care even when they saw and knew that it was annoying others.

• Like 5

On 12/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, Shade_Wilder said:

"Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat"

It is a terrible thing, a crime, but sadly, I get it.

A few days ago, I was at a bakery inside a Supermarket and I had selected my baked goods and was walking to the till to get them bagged and priced out. Just before I got to the till, an Aussie man and his wife were there ordering coffee, and the Aussie man wasn't wearing a mask.

I was instantly furious; I was going to the till where he was with a tray of baked goods which weren't wrapped yet, and he was there spewing his germs all around the area without a thought or a care in the world. I am probably the least violent person imaginable (I last threw a punch in kindergarten), but I wanted to yell and scream and just pound the A-Hole until he bled; yes it was that bad and yes it was irrational.

Fortunately, I am a civilized man who, rather than start swinging, decided to walk around for a few minutes before taking my stuff to the counter, and the fact that an eleven-year-old girl could probably whoop my ass had nothing to do with it.

Is this what Covid has done to me?

Has Covid done this to anyone else?

Sometimes I think we haven't even begun to understand the true cost of two years of dealing with it.

This sounds like some sort of psychotic episode you are having. Most people only know they have the virus when they get tested. It is not Ebola. You need to calm down, turn off the alarmist news on TV and think this through logically. You and you uncontrolled/irrational rage are a much bigger public danger than the poor Australian man you were wanting to attack.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Permitted because it's in accordance with the Thai law and the park rules:  when you're not "in close proximity to others", which as I've pointed out before is permitted and acceptable.

When you're seated next to and above others in a full arena watching the show, "in close proximity to others" as his wife's facebook pics very clearly show he was, then it's not permitted and not acceptable, as his wife was very well aware because she had already noted and photographed a family glaring at them about it as she clearly said on her facebook site posting their pic - but they ignored them and he kept his mask off anyway.

They not only didn't care about breaking the rules, but they didn't care even when they saw and knew that it was annoying others.

These two need to have an attitude adjustment from the falang community. Best to ignore or give them the finger. They only create bad will by their entitled attitudes. This is not whether masks help or not, its about ignoring rules. They knew everyone was wearing masks but wanted to show they were better and didn't have to do the same. Took off mask to eat is BS.

I have a number of Swedish friends and non are like these two.

• Like 4