News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat

Thaiger

I have followed the rules in adapting social distancing and the wearing of masks meticulously since the introduction of those rules so why am I now just coming out of a serious bout of covid? 

Edited by kellio48

2 hours ago, kellio48 said:

I have followed the rules in adapting social distancing and the wearing of masks meticulously since the introduction of those rules so why am I now just coming out of a serious bout of covid? 

Because the protection isn't absolute / 100%.

It's about reducing and minimising risk, not eliminating it.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, Reggie said:

Oh my! 🤭 I bet he happy now. he get his a**! whipped and LQQK he obediently wearing mask now. May that serve as warning to farang wear the mask, obey the law and keep in mind not every Thai loves you or even want you there. you are guest not Thai citizen. wear mask or look forward to a good A** whipping. call police afterward and get fined and deported🤭🤭🤭

I've never worn the slave muzzle, exactly as those running this circus haven't, and had noticed a dropping off of face nappy wearers until this latest Moronic 'variant' appeared and most wore the bacterial pneumonia inducing/sign of submission thing. However, yesterday I'd noticed even the Thais are wise to this farce now and had been greeted with the usual Thai smiles in my neighbourhood once more. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."  Abraham Lincoln.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

The rule is to be masked in public places - plain and simple, end of story.

No removing masks to eat, drink, kiss, blow up a party balloon, play a gazoo, or anything else you fancy doing unless it's specified, in a specific area.

Sorry, but there are limits to even my patience.

lol then why you agree on this Market  > selling food> designated eating place > Can remove mask to eat 

you go so much against your own words... whatever, however if i want to eat or have to eat i eat, nobody can control my entire life, and if i want to eat some bbq on the street i do so not a clown like you that will say something from it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paco said:

lol then why you agree on this Market  > selling food> designated eating place > Can remove mask to eat 

Umm ... because Market  = selling food = designated eating place = Can remove mask to eat 😂

2 hours ago, Paco said:

... however if i want to eat or have to eat i eat, nobody can control my entire life, and if i want to eat some bbq on the street i do so not a clown like you that will say something from it

... and if ever anyone wondered why an increasing number of Thais are sick and tired of "dirty farangs" ignoring the rules and openly having no respect or consideration for those around them, thinking they're entitled to do whatever they want wherever they want and whenever they want, you've just summed it up.

The next time anyone wonders why farangs aren't as welcome here as they used to be, they need look no further than people like you.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

On 12/9/2021 at 8:08 PM, Fluke said:

Market  > selling food> designated eating place > Can remove mask to eat 

Dolphin show > Not selling food > Not a designated eating place > Cannot remove mask

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show. You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

6 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show.

Never been to it, but are food and drink sold inside the 'arena' area?

Somehow, I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

Do you think the situation's "normal" anywhere at the moment?

It's pretty simple - if the rules tell you to mask up in public places, unless there are exceptions where you are, then you mask up.

If you can't accept that and you ignore people giving you dirty looks when you don't and carry on anyway, then you should go somewhere else where your behaviour's acceptable.

• Thanks 1

This is completely out of proportion.  The guy gets a slight bump on the head, that has a bandage on top of his hair. His "karen" wife runs off complaining to the media. The reality is he passed off another viewer for not respecting the mask rule, got rapped with something, and now the ***. The guy and his wife need to stop acting like entitled ***.

Then it's become a big deal because a foreigner is "attacked". The police are probably busting a gut on this. 

No I wasn't at the dolphins show, if you're wondering. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoilStorp said:

I was at the dolphin show last weekend, they sell food and drinks on the spot before the show. You think it's normal to live in a world where you have to eat and drink at "designated places" anyway ?

No, we are not living in "normal" times , you may not have noticed , but the 

World is going through a pandemic and we have been asked to take precautions to stop the virus from spreading 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Never been to it, but are food and drink sold inside the 'arena' area?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Do you think the situation's "normal" anywhere at the moment?

It's pretty simple - if the rules tell you to mask up in public places, unless there are exceptions where you are, then you mask up.

If you can't accept that and you ignore people giving you dirty looks when you don't and carry on anyway, then you should go somewhere else where your behaviour's acceptable.

Yes the food is sold in the area for you specificaly to eat during the show. Only in your perception do people have to eat in designated areas.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

World is going through a pandemic and we have been asked to take precautions to stop the virus from spreading 

"Yes, stay home and the whole thing will be over in 2 weeks."

"Get vaccinated and the whole thing will be over."

How many doses of how many vaccines for how much harm compared to the common flu do you have to take to maybe start to think it's not reasonable anymore to have all those restrictions that make life a little less enjoyable everyday ?

People like you are talking like it's the plague or something. When there was the common flu killing thousands of people I'm sure you didn't advocate for the government to restrain our lives, so why do you do it only when the government and the medias tell you to do so ? Do you have a conscience of your own ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

"Yes, stay home and the whole thing will be over in 2 weeks."

"Get vaccinated and the whole thing will be over."

How many doses of how many vaccines for how much harm compared to the common flu do you have to take to maybe start to think it's not reasonable anymore to have all those restrictions that make life a little less enjoyable everyday ?

People like you are talking like it's the plague or something. When there was the common flu killing thousands of people I'm sure you didn't advocate for the government to restrain our lives, so why do you do it only when the government and the medias tell you to do so ? Do you have a conscience of your own ?

What my "conscience" tells me doesn't matter, nor do my views on whether to wear a mask or not  - the laws and the rules are there, and if you don't agree to live with them you shouldn't be here.

It's pretty simple.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

Yes the food is sold in the area for you specificaly to eat during the show. Only in your perception do people have to eat in designated areas.

No, not "my perception", but the law in Bangkok and the rules in Safari World, where like anywhere else in Thailand where mask wearing is required you are at liberty to remove your mask either in a designated eating area or to eat or to do whatever else you want to do when not "in close proximity to others".

Whatever spin you want to put on it, this isn't a designated eating area and it's very clearly "in close proximity to others":

head-injury.jpg

It's not "my perception" - it's what the law very clearly mandates and Safari World say:

In Bangkok:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/face-masks-compulsory-in-public-places-in-a-number-of-thai-provinces/

"People are required to wear masks when out of home or in public places organizing events with high numbers of participants and physical proximity."

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com/thailand-travel-update-for-foreign-tourists-latest-rules-guidance/

"In Thailand, masks are required to be worn at all times in all public areas, including inside and outdoors, as well as on public transportation and in cars carrying more than one person.

Thais are very concerned about mask-wearing and will be surprised and horrified by anybody who does not cover themselves. Failure to properly use a mask may also result in a penalty of THB1,000. The penalty for a second and third violation increases from THB10,000 to THB20,000."

In Safari World:

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/safari-world

"Tourists and staff members need to wear facial mask."

https://www.renown-travel.com/daytripsbangkok/safariworldmarinepark.html

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/safari-world-bangkok/

("Where to eat in Safari World")

46 minutes ago, Stonker said:

What my "conscience" tells me doesn't matter, nor do my views on whether to wear a mask or not  - the laws and the rules are there, and if you don't agree to live with them you shouldn't be here.

It's pretty simple.

Lord Sumption, the UK retired Supreme Court justice,

seems to have a somewhat different view on this matter. 

From his March 2021 interview with Freddy Sayers, referring to lockdowns > "Sometimes the most public spirited thing that you can do with despotic laws like these is to ignore them."

> https://unherd.com/2021/03/lord-sumption-civil-disobedience-has-begun/

Yes, and I know he wasn't talking about masks...

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Lord Sumption, the UK retired Supreme Court justice,

seems to have a somewhat different view on this matter. 

From his March 2021 interview with Freddy Sayers, referring to lockdowns > "Sometimes the most public spirited thing that you can do with despotic laws like these is to ignore them."

> https://unherd.com/2021/03/lord-sumption-civil-disobedience-has-begun/

Yes, and I know he wasn't talking about masks...

yes he would say that when retired but had a different view when cases of law were before his bench. His rulings helped form future laws now in existence. 

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Umm ... because Market  = selling food = designated eating place = Can remove mask to eat 😂

... and if ever anyone wondered why an increasing number of Thais are sick and tired of "dirty farangs" ignoring the rules and openly having no respect or consideration for those around them, thinking they're entitled to do whatever they want wherever they want and whenever they want, you've just summed it up.

The next time anyone wonders why farangs aren't as welcome here as they used to be, they need look no further than people like you.

yes in tourist places, because no respect for the fallang, however NORMAL thailand does not make a difference between thai or fallang they have the same respect... either way  they look at you dirty sneaky fallangs jerking themself off and misuse the thais... not the fallang that just lives a normal life and respect the thai... think you got a lot to learn maybe get once out of your cave and look around in the real thailand instead of in a gogo  😂

either way no matter what there is NEVER a reason to hit anyone for this or anything, all this happens because of the messed up government being slowly giving people their freedom back in tourist places...

if people can not eat when they hungry or need to eat to keep their blood sugar up, and they will get hit if they do it, then something is really wrong with the world and with most of the retards here that agree on to hit people

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

Uh-huh.

Normal.

Whatever that is.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

either way no matter what there is NEVER a reason to hit anyone for this or anything, all this happens because of the messed up government being slowly giving people their freedom back in tourist places...

True, Paco. Violent vigilante justice for rule violations is not justified, period. The relevant authorities (zoo staff?) should enforce rules and they usually don’t punch people. 

If “rules” are not properly enforced, then they do not exist. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Walking around without it being necessary to take precautions against Covid

You struggle with figurative to literal metaphors, dontcha? 

Expected.

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

You struggle with figurative to literal metaphors, dontcha? 

Expected.

Yes, you need to make it more obvious in future  as some people really are that unaware 

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

No, not "my perception", but the law in Bangkok and the rules in Safari World, where like anywhere else in Thailand where mask wearing is required you are at liberty to remove your mask either in a designated eating area or to eat or to do whatever else you want to do when not "in close proximity to others".

Whatever spin you want to put on it, this isn't a designated eating area and it's very clearly "in close proximity to others":

head-injury.jpg

It's not "my perception" - it's what the law very clearly mandates and Safari World say:

In Bangkok:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/face-masks-compulsory-in-public-places-in-a-number-of-thai-provinces/

"People are required to wear masks when out of home or in public places organizing events with high numbers of participants and physical proximity."

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com/thailand-travel-update-for-foreign-tourists-latest-rules-guidance/

"In Thailand, masks are required to be worn at all times in all public areas, including inside and outdoors, as well as on public transportation and in cars carrying more than one person.

Thais are very concerned about mask-wearing and will be surprised and horrified by anybody who does not cover themselves. Failure to properly use a mask may also result in a penalty of THB1,000. The penalty for a second and third violation increases from THB10,000 to THB20,000."

In Safari World:

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/safari-world

"Tourists and staff members need to wear facial mask."

https://www.renown-travel.com/daytripsbangkok/safariworldmarinepark.html

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/safari-world-bangkok/

("Where to eat in Safari World")

Nope, still wrong, it is allowed to eat during the show, they sell food and drinks there