News Forum - Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat

Thaiger

A Swedish man was hit of the head with a tumbler at a Bangkok’s Safari World, apparently for taking his mask to eat.  The man’s wife, who is Thai, made a post on Facebook saying they were looking for a man who hit her husband during a dolphin show at the zoo. She also added that she already filed a report with police. While waiting for the show to start, the woman says her husband took off the mask for a while to eat and noticed that there was another family sitting nearby looking at them with anger. After the […]

The story Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

"Expat gets hit in the head at Bangkok zoo, apparently for taking his mask off to eat"

It is a terrible thing, a crime, but sadly, I get it.

A few days ago, I was at a bakery inside a Supermarket and I had selected my baked goods and was walking to the till to get them bagged and priced out. Just before I got to the till, an Aussie man and his wife were there ordering coffee, and the Aussie man wasn't wearing a mask.

I was instantly furious; I was going to the till where he was with a tray of baked goods which weren't wrapped yet, and he was there spewing his germs all around the area without a thought or a care in the world. I am probably the least violent person imaginable (I last threw a punch in kindergarten), but I wanted to yell and scream and just pound the A-Hole until he bled; yes it was that bad and yes it was irrational.

Fortunately, I am a civilized man who, rather than start swinging, decided to walk around for a few minutes before taking my stuff to the counter, and the fact that an eleven-year-old girl could probably whoop my ass had nothing to do with it.

Is this what Covid has done to me?

Has Covid done this to anyone else?

Sometimes I think we haven't even begun to understand the true cost of two years of dealing with it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

He got attacked because he didnt wear a mask , this wasn't necessarily a racist attack , but that would depend on whether there were any Thais also without masks in the location  

Edited by Smithydog
Quoted post removed as original post removed
  • Like 2

His excuse was that he was eating , I suspect that he wasnt eating and he just didn't want to wear a mask , as he was sit partially inside and surrounded by many other people , he wasnt really "outside" , so transition was a possibility .

If you are not bothered about Thais breaking laws , dont complain when they break laws that you dont like , like hitting other people when they dont wear masks 

Edited by Smithydog
Quoted post removed as original post removed
  • Like 2

Note from Moderators

A post from one member has been removed from the Forum. As a result of this action, members may find some of their posts have been edited to fairly reflect the removal of this post.

Members are reminded to remain civil towards other members at all times regardless of their opinion.

• Like 4

#1. Thai educational system teaches and reinforces that under no circumstances should authority be       questioned. 

#2. If there is a chance to attack a frarang  with little chance of having to face consequence, go for it. Especially if  you can show your wife and kids how powerful you are.

#3. It's difficult for me to accept the whole covid deadly virus scenario. I currently work as an engineer but also have a degree in microbiology. Been here 28 years.     

• Like 2

That is what you get if the thai government learns the Thai to think that fallangs are dirty and brought covid to thailand... and certain thais are stupid to believe that.. 

• Like 8

Ok, so from now on eating is a bad thing. 

*notes*

Eating = bad

From now on we put all our food in a blender, so we can eat it through a straw which you can use while wearing a mask. You know what, we'll just put glue on it, so it'll never come off anymore and it eventually becomes a part of you. 

• Haha 1

There might be a little of racism involved in this, but it also might be it looked as if he overstepped his mark off the face period of ok or not ok. We go out to eat in cm at restaurants, but as soon as we are finished we put our masks back on and don’t dilly dally one bit about it. Today and yesterday I saw a lot of privileged foreigners walking about with no make in here. Just itching to get whacked at some point and if I did see it happen I would not lift a finger to stop it if they were in the wrong. Well, ok, maybe if they had children with them.

Oh my! 🤭 I bet he happy now. he get his a**! whipped and LQQK he obediently wearing mask now. May that serve as warning to farang wear the mask, obey the law and keep in mind not every Thai loves you or even want you there. you are guest not Thai citizen. wear mask or look forward to a good A** whipping. call police afterward and get fined and deported🤭🤭🤭

1 hour ago, Paco said:

That is what you get if the thai government learns the Thai to think that fallangs are dirty and brought covid to thailand... and certain thais are stupid to believe that.. 

It's Farang. 

Singular and plural. 

2 minutes ago, Reggie said:

Oh my! 🤭 I bet he happy now. he get his a**! whipped and LQQK he obediently wearing mask now. May that serve as warning to farang wear the mask, obey the law and keep in mind not every Thai loves you or even want you there. you are guest not Thai citizen. wear mask or look forward to a good A** whipping. call police afterward and get fined and deported🤭🤭🤭

Of course it was a racist attack. There will have been dozens of Thais with their masks off either eating, drinking or just talking to each other.

Just because you are white does not mean you are not subject to racism.

How would you feel if a Thai was attacked in a western country for not wearing a mask while eating? Would you suggest they should also get deported because they are only a guest?

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

His excuse was that he was eating , I suspect that he wasnt eating and he just didn't want to wear a mask , as he was sit partially inside and surrounded by many other people , he wasnt really "outside" , so transition was a possibility .

If you are not bothered about Thais breaking laws , dont complain when they break laws that you dont like , like hitting other people when they dont wear masks 

How do you "suspect" when you weren't even there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

I am really struggling to understand how is THAT comment is making any human sense??? Are we still all humans cause I really struggle to see it…

49 minutes ago, Reggie said:

I don't love every Thai and sometimes wish they were somewhere else, or at least better educated. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atiger said:

You're only supposed to take off your mask in public to eat at a restaurant not when watching a show. But why didn't he punch him back?

Again… listen to yourself. What really happened to people? Was it so easy? Really? Counter power were people called not so long ago, they were the people questioning the power cause history taught us that power usually leads to bad decision cause humans are in charge of it. But that’s it, gone. Suddenly they are the good. Your main issue in this world is the mask. Welcoming this new normal world imposed to you like a present you were craving for. Wake up please… 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

There might be a little of racism involved in this, but it also might be it looked as if he overstepped his mark off the face period of ok or not ok. We go out to eat in cm at restaurants, but as soon as we are finished we put our masks back on and don’t dilly dally one bit about it. Today and yesterday I saw a lot of privileged foreigners walking about with no make in here. Just itching to get whacked at some point and if I did see it happen I would not lift a finger to stop it if they were in the wrong. Well, ok, maybe if they had children with them.

Why were they privileged?

Nice new (normal) world we live in. People have lost any sense of rationality. If you are so scared about the covid-19 and think it is a major threat why are you gathering in a crowded zoo and sit in packed bleachers to begin with ? Mask or not, this situation will put you at very high risk of contamination

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joseph said:

#1. Thai educational system teaches and reinforces that under no circumstances should authority be       questioned. 

#2. If there is a chance to attack a frarang  with little chance of having to face consequence, go for it. Especially if  you can show your wife and kids how powerful you are.

#3. It's difficult for me to accept the whole covid deadly virus scenario. I currently work as an engineer but also have a degree in microbiology. Been here 28 years.     

I may have misunderstood, but is there anything connecting any of those points?

17 minutes ago, KoilStorp said:

If you are so scared about the covid-19 and think it is a major threat why are you gathering in a crowded zoo and sit in packed bleachers to begin with ? Mask or not, this situation will put you at very high risk of contamination

Maybe they're doing so because they expect others to not just respect the rules but to obey them, and to remain masked when they're supposed to be masked.

I've not gone to these zoos, but I doubt the rule is remain masked in public areas unless you want to have a drink, have a snack anytime, or can't be bothered.